Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 376082 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jun 25, 2015 07:49:11 pm
      Covers a lot of ground, puts in a shift, a few tackles and clearances. 

So basically a box-to-box forward?  :)

Box to box midfielder ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #231: Jun 25, 2015 08:17:43 pm
      If vsterling nee vsuarez requests a name change to vFirmino, someone will be banned.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #232: Jun 25, 2015 08:21:47 pm
      If vsterling nee vsuarez requests a name change to vFirmino, someone will be banned.

VBorini, VBalotelli, VAllen, VLovren....all good choices instead of.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #233: Jun 25, 2015 09:06:11 pm
      Every time I enter Lfc official website, I think I entered a brizilian site. Yesterday Coutinho and Firminio, today Firminio and Ronaldinho :)

Samba Samba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx1iclqbNyM
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #234: Jun 26, 2015 09:35:50 am

I'm sure some hope he would choose vMignolet instead....  :f_tongueincheek:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Jun 26, 2015 10:51:56 am
      I'm sure some hope he would choose vMignolet instead....  :f_tongueincheek:

VJWH and watch some heads explode.
       :laugh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #236: Jun 26, 2015 12:12:11 pm
      I think vIbe has a nice feel about it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #237: Jun 26, 2015 01:04:01 pm
      I think vIbe has a nice feel about it.

How much will he get sold for then? ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #238: Jun 26, 2015 06:22:44 pm
      I don't think Babbel is keen on the price tag...

FIRMINO FEE 'BRUTAL'

Former Liverpool defender Markus Babel has described the ÂŁ29m fee the Reds paid for Roberto Firmino as "brutal".

The Merseysiders signed the Hoffenheim forward in a deal which will see them pay ÂŁ22m up front, with the rest due in add-ons.

"That is brutal," he told Bild. "When I heard that I flinched, because even for Liverpool that is not chicken feed.

"He is under a certain pressure with this weight on his shoulders."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #239: Jun 26, 2015 10:41:49 pm
      I don't think Babbel is keen on the price tag...

When you consider that Sterling will go for ÂŁ50mill, Markovic and Lallana cost ÂŁ20mill+, the Firmino fee should be considered bit of a bargain should he live up to the expectation.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #240: Jun 26, 2015 11:29:10 pm
      When you consider that Sterling will go for ÂŁ50mill, Markovic and Lallana cost ÂŁ20mill+, the Firmino fee should be considered bit of a bargain should he live up to the expectation.

I agree mate.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #241: Jun 27, 2015 10:49:24 am
      Phillippe reveals his contribution to the Roberto firmino signing
      Coutinho''“I have told him that he will be coming into a club that is like a family – I made sure to tell him that,” 
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/06/27/philippe-coutinho-reveals-the-words-that-convinced-roberto-firmino-to-join-liverpool/

YNWA

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #242: Jun 27, 2015 10:58:53 am
      Phillippe reveals his contribution to the Roberto firmino signing
      Coutinho''“I have told him that he will be coming into a club that is like a family – I made sure to tell him that,” 
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/06/27/philippe-coutinho-reveals-the-words-that-convinced-roberto-firmino-to-join-liverpool/

YNWA

Did you watch the video at the bottom of the article?  The Dizzy Penalties one, hilarious but I like the determination on Ibe's face whilst he's watching the others.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #243: Jun 27, 2015 11:00:27 am
      I've never seen so much fluctuation between supposed fee's. Some say 21mill and others say as much as 29mill. How much have we actually paid for the lad.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #244: Jun 27, 2015 11:05:35 am
      I've never seen so much fluctuation between supposed fee's. Some say 21mill and others say as much as 29mill. How much have we actually paid for the lad.
      ÂŁ21m rising to ÂŁ29 predicated on appearances (or something like that)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #245: Jun 27, 2015 11:17:27 am
      Did you watch the video at the bottom of the article?  The Dizzy Penalties one, hilarious but I like the determination on Ibe's face whilst he's watching the others.

Yes, Jordan  Ibe  is determined to learn  , that will serve him to be a massive player,
      YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #246: Jun 27, 2015 11:38:22 am
      Yes, Jordan  Ibe  is determined to learn  , that will serve him to be a massive player,
      YNWA

Hopefully mate.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #247: Jun 27, 2015 07:29:42 pm
      Firmino destined for 'world star' status

Liverpool have pulled off a wonderful signing with the acquisition of Roberto Firmino, according to Bundesliga football expert Andreas Hoffmann, who believes the Brazil striker is going all the way to the top. "I have no doubt that he is going to become a world star," said the German reporter.

Firmino will complete his move from Hoffenheim to Liverpool, subject to passing a medical, when he returns from Chile, where he is representing the Brazil at the Copa America. But for those unfamiliar with the work of the 23-year-old forward, Hoffmann paints the picture of a player guaranteed to excite the Anfield faithful

"To be honest with you I am sad that he is leaving because he is an extraordinary player who is wonderful to watch," Hoffmann, who reports on Hoffenheim for Bild, the German sports daily, told premierleague.com. “His surprising ideas and his repertoire of passes have made me a huge fan of his."

Firmino joined Hoffenheim in January 2011 following compatriots Carlos Eduardo and Luiz Gustavo, who had both been crowd favourites at the Rhein-Neckar Arena and, according to Hoffmann, he surpassed them, establishing himself as the instrumental attacking component of the side and enjoying a stand-out season in 2013/14 by topping the division's "scorer points”, attributed for goals and assists in the Bundesliga and the German Cup.

“On the pitch he is not typically Brazilian,” said Hoffmann, of a player known for his distinctive hairstyles and myriad tattoos. “He is more of a typical German than most Germans. Eduardo was technically very good and Gustavo was a very hard player, but Firmino is the combination of both. He has fantastic technique, he plays passes that are genius. ‘Kreatives Genie’, we say in Germany, and his ideas and his no-look passes are great.

"He creates goals and he can score them. In 2013/14 he had 39 'scorer points', which made him No 1 in Germany for his attacking productivity in the Bundesliga and the cup. He was ahead of [Robert] Lewandowski and [Marco] Reus who were No 2 and No 3 respectively, because he got 10 scorer points [six goals, four assists] in the cup and 29 scorer points in the league [16 goals and 13 assists]."

Last season proved less effective for the Brazilian, as Hoffenheim tailed off in the second half of a campaign to finish eighth, after having been just two points off third place at the winter break. But were it not for Firmino’s tireless displays, Hoffmann believes the Bundesliga side might have found themselves struggling at the wrong end of the table.

"He is quick, great at dribbling and is hard against himself and others," he said. "He fights to the end and never gives up. Liverpool should be happy to have him because several major clubs have been scouting him now since 2013, when Hoffenheim turned down a €12m bid. He renewed his contract until 2017 on the understanding that that if a big club came in they would let him go the following season. The only question was which club was going to get him."

Another German who watched Firmino's development from close quarters during a six-month spell in charge of Hoffenheim in 2012 was Markus Babbel, the former Liverpool defender, and he is in no doubt about the players qualities, says Hoffman.

"I spoke to Babbel yesterday and he told me that the fans in England will love him because when he gets fouled he doesn’t cry about it," said Hoffmann. "He just gets up and gets on with it.

"When he was Hoffenheim’s coach Babbel could see that Firmino was going to become a great player. He especially likes his explosive pace and his absolute will to win. He said that the only possible problem might be his price-tag which could be a burden, but because he fights hard and never gives up the fans will take to him straightaway."

Hoffmann goes even further than Babbel, however, and predicts that Firmino will become a major force in the Barclays Premier League.

"Having spent many hours watching Hoffenheim’s matches and watching them train I have no doubt he is going to be a world star,"he said. "I am totally sure Liverpool have got a really, really good player. You will have fun with him. He knows what he wants and he gets straight to it."

"Firmino's great attributes are his South American temperament and his footballing skills," said Hoffenheim coach Markus Gisdol recently. "But he also has retrieving the ball in his flesh and blood; for him the game is not over when the opponent has the ball, in fact the game is really interesting then, because it is a great opportunity to score.

"If the ball is lost but you steal it back straight away, the opponent is often not ready. Roberto is made for these moments because he often wins the ball with his pressing and then creates excellent opportunities for his team to score."

Liverpool fans, it seems, can thus look forward to seeing a pacy forward who has an eye for a pass and a never-say-die attitude. But how will he fit in to Brendan Rodgers’ style of play?

"At Hoffenheim they play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3 and sometimes a 4-4-2 formation with Firmino at the tip of the diamond," Hoffman said. "His best position is as a No 10, just behind the main striker, where he can thread his passes through to the main striker.

"For Brazil, he is the perfect foil for Neymar and I know the head coach Dunga has been very impressed with him. But he is two-footed, so he sometimes plays on the left, where he can cut in and shoot, or play in a team-mate."

Hoffman does say that Firmino can get over-excited when scoring goals, leading to problems.

"He likes to come up with new celebrations, like springing in the air or shooting an invisible pistol - and he gets booked a lot. He has received eight yellow cards for removing his shirt while celebrating a goal. He just can't help himself."

Hoffmann adds that adjusting to the way of life on Merseyside will also pose no problem for a player who had to grow up at a very young age.

"He has been learning English, and the fact that fellow Brazil team-mate Philippe Coutinho is at Liverpool will be a great help to him. But he is adaptable. He learnt German when here and he once told me he had to leave his family at 15 to travel 3,000km to Figuierense, in the south of Brazil, to try and make it in football.

"He didn't see his family for two years but that was maybe the making of him. It helped him when he had to move to Germany and so settling in England will be no problem."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/270615-liverpool-signing-roberto-firmino-can-be-world-beater.html
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #248: Jun 27, 2015 10:12:23 pm
      A link for whoever wants to watch Firmino in action for Brazil...

http://www.stream2watch.tv/live-tv/gb/premier-sports-live-stream
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #249: Jun 28, 2015 02:11:59 am
      Didn't play well at all but bloody glad that he and Phil can now get some rest and hopefully report for preseason earlier than we hoped.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #250: Jun 28, 2015 02:36:40 pm
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/32506/9897192/roberto-firmino-disappoints-as-brazil-knocked-out-of-copa-america-by-paraguay

Liverpool new boy Roberto Firmino delivered an ineffective performance before being subbed off as Brazil crashed out of the Copa America on Saturday.

The Reds’ £21.3m signing from Hoffenheim started up front against Paraguay but ended up watching their penalty shootout defeat from the bench after he was replaced by Diego Tardelli on 69 minutes.

Firmino’s display will have done little to convince Liverpool fans he can be the one to reinvigorate their mis-firing attack – the forward didn’t get a shot away during his time on the field and only one of his passes led to a team-mate taking a crack at goal.

The closest he got to contributing to Robinho’s opener was a flailing attempted-flick at Dani Alves’ cross. Fortunately for Brazil, Firmino didn’t get a touch and the former Man City forward was able to convert from close range.

The 23-year-old had fewer touches (39) and a poorer pass completion rate (60 per cent) than any other Brazilian who started the game.

He did demonstrate his ability to contribute at the other end of the field, completing two tackles, one interception and one clearance but it was a less than inspiring performance from Liverpool’s big-money signing.

As he packs his bags to leave Chile, Firmino will at least be able to reflect on his winner against Venezuela in the first knockout round – but, in all, as for Brazil as a team, the 2015 Copa America has proved to be a frustrating and disappointing tournament for the forward.

Never seen such a negative article and blatant targeting of a player. No wonder players don't want to come and play in England because of the press. Not even played a game in England yet and already being roasted and singled out in the press. Disgraceful.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #251: Jun 28, 2015 02:42:01 pm
      Classic pointless and negative journalism.

I saw "flailing -attempted flick" as more of an intelligent dummy myself... That may red-tinted glasses though, who knows.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #252: Jun 28, 2015 02:54:14 pm
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/32506/9897192/roberto-firmino-disappoints-as-brazil-knocked-out-of-copa-america-by-paraguay

Liverpool new boy Roberto Firmino delivered an ineffective performance before being subbed off as Brazil crashed out of the Copa America on Saturday.

The Reds’ £21.3m signing from Hoffenheim started up front against Paraguay but ended up watching their penalty shootout defeat from the bench after he was replaced by Diego Tardelli on 69 minutes.

Firmino’s display will have done little to convince Liverpool fans he can be the one to reinvigorate their mis-firing attack – the forward didn’t get a shot away during his time on the field and only one of his passes led to a team-mate taking a crack at goal.

The closest he got to contributing to Robinho’s opener was a flailing attempted-flick at Dani Alves’ cross. Fortunately for Brazil, Firmino didn’t get a touch and the former Man City forward was able to convert from close range.

The 23-year-old had fewer touches (39) and a poorer pass completion rate (60 per cent) than any other Brazilian who started the game.

He did demonstrate his ability to contribute at the other end of the field, completing two tackles, one interception and one clearance but it was a less than inspiring performance from Liverpool’s big-money signing.

As he packs his bags to leave Chile, Firmino will at least be able to reflect on his winner against Venezuela in the first knockout round – but, in all, as for Brazil as a team, the 2015 Copa America has proved to be a frustrating and disappointing tournament for the forward.

Never seen such a negative article and blatant targeting of a player. No wonder players don't want to come and play in England because of the press. Not even played a game in England yet and already being roasted and singled out in the press. Disgraceful.

Sky journalism all day mate, affected reporting and no real insight into the subject matter.

Quick Reply