Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 373746 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2530: Jan 20, 2021 10:08:50 pm
      I get it that Minamino has not hugely impressed so far but at this point it has to be worth a risk to play him for a couple of games to see if he sinks or swims. Give Bobby a proper break, let him sort his head out, take him out of the spotlight etc

Agreed. Give Taki a shot!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2531: Jan 21, 2021 10:02:04 pm
      Can't even hit target now. :(
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2532: Jan 21, 2021 10:03:54 pm

His deflection of Trent's horrific shot attempt was on target and cleared by the defender of what would have been a sure goal. He is lacking confidence as is the rest of the team right now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2533: Jan 21, 2021 10:03:57 pm

Imagine thinking this is somehow Firmino's fault. Embarrassing.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2534: Jan 21, 2021 10:08:23 pm
      Imagine thinking this is somehow Firmino's fault. Embarrassing.

Dude, wtf. Why are you so quick to jump the F***ing gun if someone even has a sniff on Bobby. He's gone to sh*t. Wtf, is this a forum or what?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2535: Jan 21, 2021 10:12:01 pm
      Dude, wtf. Why are you so quick to jump the f**king gun if someone even has a sniff on Bobby. He's gone to sh*t. Wtf, is this a forum or what?

Why are you so quick to rag on one of our best players. Didn't start (because he's obviously sh*t) then gets brought on and blamed for the loss by the likes of knobs like you. Literally called this very scenario in the pre-match thread.  Yes it's a forum, which is why I'm calling you out for your bullshit. Did you even watch the game or are you just jumping on the Firmino out bandwagon?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2536: Jan 21, 2021 10:12:58 pm
      His deflection of Trent's horrific shot attempt was on target and cleared by the defender of what would have been a sure goal. He is lacking confidence as is the rest of the team right now.

Hopefully he doesn't read what dickheads on the internet say about him, it won't help his confidence at all.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2537: Jan 21, 2021 10:16:54 pm
      Why are you so quick to rag on one of our best players. Didn't start (because he's obviously sh*t) then gets brought on and blamed for the loss by the likes of knobs like you. Literally called this very scenario in the pre-match thread.  Yes it's a forum, which is why I'm calling you out for your bullshit. Did you even watch the game or are you just jumping on the Firmino out bandwagon?

Calling me out on my bullshit? That's sweet, dude. Facts are there to see, he's gone to sh*t.

" Do you even watch the game" Are you really f**king serious? Do you think I would post om here without watching the game? F***ing hell, man. It's there to see what he is been doing these past matches with the exception of Leicester,  and Palace. But hey, I'm not even allowed to say anything as I will be called out for my "bullshit".

Add another thing here, where did I say "I blamed him for a loss". See what I wrote above before wetting your knickers.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2021 10:37:27 pm by Gill95 »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2538: Jan 21, 2021 10:18:20 pm
      Hopefully he doesn't read what dickheads on the internet say about him, it won't help his confidence at all.

Wow, and you start the insults.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #2539: Jan 22, 2021 02:45:35 am
      FL won't stand for people talking down about Bobby. The dickhead name callings a bit silly, but dudes a supporter through and through and ya gotta respect that..... 

With that said, I hope we get a nice offer for Si Senor this summer and sell bim, look to get a younger, more athletic, and more clinical in the middle.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2540: Jan 22, 2021 01:32:16 pm

Firmino gets a pass after Origi's chance. That SHOULD of been a goal.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2541: Jan 22, 2021 01:35:36 pm
      Firmino gets a pass after Origi's chance. That SHOULD of been a goal.

Bobby wouldn't have even hit the crossbar.

The ball boy would still be looking for it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2542: Jan 22, 2021 01:39:52 pm

That type of chance Bobby would finish. Had Div finished that we'd of won about 2 or 3 -0. Instead we're back to square one again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2543: Jan 22, 2021 01:49:44 pm
      That type of chance Bobby would finish. Had Div finished that we'd of won about 2 or 3 -0. Instead we're back to square one again.

Yup we definitely win had Divock scorerd but it sort of sums up where we are right now. So out of form we're starting dross like Origi.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2544: Jan 22, 2021 01:53:09 pm

These are the types of posts that show what a biased, clueless sh*t of a fan you are.

"If he had played against Atalanta he would have had had 0 goals and 0 assists"

He plays for YOUR team, remember? you wouldn't say that about Pogba, FFS.

This is the type of garbage that leaves your mouth and yet, when this team is winning again, you'll be back on the bandwagon pretending you knew it all along. What a F***ing disaster.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2545: Jan 22, 2021 07:45:10 pm
      He will get back to himself. Still need to think about the next player to replace him though along with Jota
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2546: Jan 22, 2021 09:01:45 pm
      These are the types of posts that show what a biased, clueless sh*t of a fan you are.

"If he had played against Atalanta he would have had had 0 goals and 0 assists"

He plays for YOUR team, remember? you wouldn't say that about Pogba, FFS.

This is the type of garbage that leaves your mouth and yet, when this team is winning again, you'll be back on the bandwagon pretending you knew it all along. What a f**king disaster.

What are you on about now clown boy?

Too busy making snide insensitive comments to engage in a bit of banter?

Lighten up ffs. :roll:
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 10:11:24 am by bazspeedman »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2547: Jan 23, 2021 02:06:36 pm
      Just come om after a night on the booze abs I’ll just say this Something that the Kop wants you to k now best in the works is Bobby Firmino our number 99999 give him the ball he’ll score every time Si Senor!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2548: Jan 23, 2021 04:40:21 pm
      Just come om after a night on the booze abs I’ll just say this Something that the Kop wants you to k now best in the works is Bobby Firmino our number 99999 give him the ball he’ll score every time Si Senor!!!!

;D, scores every time, if only!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2549: Jan 24, 2021 09:04:07 pm
      Looked a lot more like the Firmino we know for parts of this game.

Maybe he can play himself into a bit of form.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #2550: Jan 24, 2021 09:22:33 pm
      Was anonymous for an hour, then got angry after a particularly poor bit of control and upped his game to his old level for about 15 minutes and it really made a big difference to our play. Suddenly we had a gegenpress and speed and movement in our attacks. Makes me wonder if he is just tired and that's why he can't do this for 90 minutes now. Wouldn't be surprising - he has played practically every game for about 4 years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2551: Jan 24, 2021 09:30:41 pm
      Was anonymous for an hour, then got angry after a particularly poor bit of control and upped his game to his old level for about 15 minutes and it really made a big difference to our play. Suddenly we had a gegenpress and speed and movement in our attacks. Makes me wonder if he is just tired and that's why he can't do this for 90 minutes now. Wouldn't be surprising - he has played practically every game for about 4 years.

He is tired like a fair few others.

I think we're a bit physically and mentally drained from the last three seasons and the current Covid situation.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #2552: Jan 24, 2021 09:40:46 pm
      He is tired like a fair few others.

I think we're a bit physically and mentally drained from the last three seasons and the current Covid situation.

Yeah all the front 3 have put in a hell of a lot of work over the last 3 seasons - worth remembering that when we slag their current form. We started off this season with still pretty good energy, but it's not surprising if they are starting to feel it a bit after 3+ years of very intense football, where they all 3 played almost every game. Obviously Jota was brought in to help address this and would have let us rest the other 3 more. I would have used Origi (and Minamino) a bit more in his absence, although I know it's not a popular opinion. It's also not an easy choice, cos obviously the other 3 are better players. The sooner Jota is back the better anyway.

Quick Reply