Trending Topics

Next match: Sheff Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 28th Feb @ 7:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Bramall Lane

Today is the 26th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

Roberto Firmino Player Thread

Read 220454 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,869 posts | 437 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2625: Feb 18, 2021 09:27:50 am
      It will be coming up to 6 years we've had Bobby now. 6 years of absolute top class service - with most players you're lucky to get 3. I think he's done and achieved l he can. But I sense that it may be time to look beyond Firmino now.

not yet man, but he does need rested more as noted above.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,840 posts | 2918 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2626: Feb 18, 2021 11:11:35 am
      No one is disputing that Bobby in good form is a vital part of the team, but those games are few and far between these days. The key thing is that we need better backup, we need one more quality forward in addition to Jota.

Fair comment regarding back up for Bobby, we have wee Harvey E to come back from his loan spell at Blackburn and it’s likely we’ll need a replacement for Gini, also Naby we hope will be fit & healthy and it’s also possible Jürgen will pull a rabbit, someone we wouldn’t think of, so there is scope for improvement in regards to backing up                                             

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,118 posts | 1697 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2627: Feb 18, 2021 07:03:03 pm
      Is the next phase of improvement when Bobby becomes the backup?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,397 posts | 4066 
      Reply #2628: Feb 18, 2021 07:05:03 pm

Why would he want to be a backup with us when he could be a starter on tons of other teams?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,861 posts | 1831 
      Reply #2629: Feb 18, 2021 07:05:32 pm

Everything being equal I think we are probably there with Jota in the side.

Not that Bobby won't play a ton of games on the basis of injury and rotation he will get games every week.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,118 posts | 1697 
      Reply #2630: Feb 18, 2021 07:08:22 pm
      Why would he want to be a backup with us when he could be a starter on tons of other teams?

Did anyone say he wants to be or should be happy being the backup.

The next level up is when we have players like Bobby coming off the bench not Origi. Bobby only drops yo the bench when better players are ahead of him. If we have better players then Bobby on the pitch then we are a better team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,397 posts | 4066 
      Reply #2631: Feb 18, 2021 07:10:58 pm
      Did anyone say he wants to be or should be happy being the backup.

The next level up is when we have players like Bobby coming off the bench not Origi. Bobby only drops yo the bench when better players are ahead of him. If we have better players then Bobby on the pitch then we are a better team.

Ok, when we have better players than Bobby let me know. Because right now Jota isn't a Bobby replacement...he's a Mane or Mo replacement. Doesn't press or do half of the running that Bobby does. A Firmino "replacement" will be conspicuous because it will be someone that plays like Firmino does and brings what he does to the team. Or Klopp decides he doesn't need that in which case Bob will likely play somewhere else.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,118 posts | 1697 
      Reply #2632: Feb 18, 2021 07:13:02 pm
      Ok, when we have better players than Bobby let me know. Because right now Jota isn't a Bobby replacement...he's a Mane or Mo replacement. Doesn't press or do half of the running that Bobby does. A Firmino "replacement" will be conspicuous because it will be someone that plays like Firmino does and brings what he does to the team. Or Klopp decides he doesn't need that in which case Bob will likely play somewhere else.

Its what transfers are for. You dont have someone better then what you have you go out and buy one
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,397 posts | 4066 
      Reply #2633: Feb 19, 2021 12:31:39 am
      Its what transfers are for. You dont have someone better then what you have you go out and buy one

Exactly.

But I don't see where we are in for a Bobby replacement at this point so that's what I said let me know when we have a player better than Bobby. I think we have other more pressing needs than trying to replace one of our best (most important) players.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,909 posts | 1015 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2634: Feb 19, 2021 11:06:26 pm
      Cmon Bobby, show us what you can do tomorrow, yer due one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,951 posts | 3370 
      Reply #2635: Feb 20, 2021 07:36:00 pm
      Has been a passenger for way too long now, must surely be some academy players who at least know how to strike a ball.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,470 posts | 4571 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2636: Feb 20, 2021 07:45:30 pm
      Done f**k all again tonight! Shot over the Bar into outer space summed up his season!
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,434 posts | 2712 
      Reply #2637: Feb 20, 2021 07:56:00 pm
      Apart from one or two games has been dire this season.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | 18 
      Reply #2638: Feb 20, 2021 08:35:00 pm
      Must be dropped and then sold in the summer
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,066 posts | 875 
      Reply #2639: Feb 20, 2021 08:35:43 pm
      Love the guy but what he has done in the past and what he is doing now are two totally different things and he needs dropping.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,861 posts | 1831 
      Reply #2640: Feb 20, 2021 08:41:45 pm
      Not sure he was ever amazing. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat and plenty of teams have managed without a defensive striker. Haaland is the dream. Our league position is going to make that just a dream.  We will find it more difficult to attract players in the Europa league, but Bobby does need replacing.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 401 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2641: Feb 20, 2021 08:55:41 pm
      Not sure he was ever amazing. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat and plenty of teams have managed without a defensive striker. Haaland is the dream. Our league position is going to make that just a dream.  We will find it more difficult to attract players in the Europa league, but Bobby does need replacing.
      We definitely should have gone big on the back of our recent successes, I don’t know the numbers, but I’m sure it’s a sizeable amount you get for winning the league and champions league, even after you cover the no fans in the stadium.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,095 posts | 1364 
      Reply #2642: Feb 20, 2021 09:04:49 pm
      I said during the game, it's not really an exaggeration to say you can count on one hand the number of good games he's had in the last 12 months.

A lot of players have dropped off but none quite as spectacularly as Bobby IMO and the first part of our rebuild surely has to be to sign a better play to play through the middle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,397 posts | 4066 
      Reply #2643: Feb 24, 2021 10:44:32 am
      At least his own teammates haven’t given up on him.

"He deserves more credit than me and Mo, for sure," Mane told ESPN Brazil.

"But it is part of football, (people) always seeing the goals scored. But without Bobby, I don't see me and Mo score as many goals as we have, to be honest.

"He makes everything easier for us. Brazil are just lucky to have Firmino. I have always said to Bobby: 'You will have to change your nationality and come to Senegal'.

"For me, that would be a dream. I just love him. I think he is my favourite team-mate."
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #2644: Feb 24, 2021 03:54:41 pm

Where would he be a starter, some club that doesn't need a forward to score goals perhaps??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,056 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2645: Feb 24, 2021 04:37:58 pm

Completely agree mate and moreso on the spondoolies involved on winning the trophy, obviously the priority is the market value etc of LFC with any 'soccer' interests running a poor second - in the business world positive indicators are all shareholders want to see.

On topic with Firmino - because of the remiss in signing quality back up your man is run f**king ragged playing out of position simple as, this talk right now of getting shut is crazy!

Where are you getting his true value with even some misguided LFC supporters making out he's crap?
      More to the point how the f**k can we afford a replacement?

We definitely should have gone big on the back of our recent successes, I don’t know the numbers, but I’m sure it’s a sizeable amount you get for winning the league and champions league, even after you cover the no fans in the stadium.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021 04:43:46 pm by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,897 posts | 832 
      Reply #2646: Feb 24, 2021 04:41:52 pm

We are going to lose around £100mil from no fans

Winning the league doesn’t bring in too much extra - we actually had less Tv money last year due to the CL exit

Even with our success the overall profit was around £40mil in the last accounts
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,056 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2647: Feb 24, 2021 05:01:56 pm
      I said during the game, it's not really an exaggeration to say you can count on one hand the number of good games he's had in the last 12 months.

A lot of players have dropped off but none quite as spectacularly as Bobby IMO and the first part of our rebuild surely has to be to sign a better play to play through the middle.

Is this the "rebuild" that should have taken place after our success last season mate?
      We were unbelievably lucky with injuries and that played a great part in winning the league.

A result of which is the complete f**k up the manager has to confront,  any "rebuild" has to be seen in the context of one injured world class player whose position should have been consolidated last season - we have the payback, beside Virgil Henderson  is looking fragile and the same applies.

Firmino is a long way from any scapegoat jobs.

The club's market value is £2bn, NESV would make £500m if they sold now, they would make far more and increase the market value by investing in quality back up instead of sitting on their f**king arses contemplating the markets.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021 05:12:31 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply