Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 376198 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #2944: Jul 24, 2022 05:07:20 pm
      Still think he has a lot to give for the team.

He is a weird one when it comes to consistency though, one game he can have the ball glued to his feet, the other he can have a touch like Lukaku.

No doubt when he is on his game he is at the heart of everything good in that game in an attacking sense.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #2945: Jul 24, 2022 05:10:19 pm

He is a weird one when it comes to consistency though, one game he can have the ball glued to his feet, the other he can have a touch like Lukaku.

No doubt when he is on his game he is at the heart of everything good in that game in an attacking sense.

My fav Liverpool player - nothing better than watching a form Firmino in full flow.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2946: Jul 24, 2022 09:53:56 pm

Yep he is the link but as you say his touch and amount of hospital balls he plays at times very frustrating.  Big part still to play with his time coming to an end
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2947: Jul 25, 2022 09:45:59 am
      Personally I think Bob's best days are behind him sadly .... and I love Bobby.

However I still feel he can make a big contribution and I'd be telling any potential bidders to kindly keep their cash.

Telling he's not re-signed. Gomez signed on his return to preseason. Apparently keita was also offered a deal on his return to training but nothing signed yet. If Bobby hasn't been offered a new deal then he either fancies doing something else next season or the club have already made that decision.

Either way ... as I say I think he can still contribute. He's well liked in the dressing room and a big part of that dressing room.

No way id be selling this summer. Let's see how it plays out.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2948: Jul 25, 2022 11:11:12 am
      Hopefully he signs an extension and the daily wankrags can fuk off with the BS rumours.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2949: Jul 25, 2022 12:13:33 pm
      I'm not his number one fan but he is still a valid player that will contribute massively if he stays fit.

Come on Bobby.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #2950: Jul 25, 2022 12:43:38 pm
      Personally I think Bob's best days are behind him sadly .... and I love Bobby.

However I still feel he can make a big contribution and I'd be telling any potential bidders to kindly keep their cash.

Telling he's not re-signed. Gomez signed on his return to preseason. Apparently keita was also offered a deal on his return to training but nothing signed yet. If Bobby hasn't been offered a new deal then he either fancies doing something else next season or the club have already made that decision.

Either way ... as I say I think he can still contribute. He's well liked in the dressing room and a big part of that dressing room.

No way id be selling this summer. Let's see how it plays out.

Exactly - I don’t care about the money. We’ve lost one of the original band members and if we lose a second, then I think we will feel it big time
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 1221 
      Reply #2951: Jul 25, 2022 04:39:20 pm
      I hope he stays..need to learn off the best to be the best and his presence will assist the development of the younger players. He showed last season he can still be an excellent member of the squad --Saints away for ex. He has said in the press he is very happy here so why disturb a settled squad. Makes no sense for £20m or whatever it is, no doubt paid in installments.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #2952: Jul 25, 2022 10:48:03 pm
      I know Jürgen thinks the world of Bob as he offers something no one else can.
      Can’t see him wanting to leave, and can’t see Jürgen wanting to sell him.
      One of my fave players in a red shirt !
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #2953: Jul 25, 2022 11:33:24 pm
      He's going to be a valuable player this season, probably not a regular starter but will get plenty of time on the pitch.

Hope he is happy to accept that role in the squad and stay for at least 1 more season. I'd be happy to give him a contract extension.

He's a quality player and no one else in the squad can do what he does. Maybe Thiago is similar in vision and passing quality but obviously plays in a deeper position.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #2954: Jul 26, 2022 12:11:37 am
      I think Bobby can still contribute for sure.  I've often backed him when a lot of people have been on his back.

My question is whether he still has that personal hunger at Liverpool that he may have had a couple of years back or is he at the age where he is planning his last big contract?

If you were over the hump of your relatively short career you'd have to have some connection with your employer to take a one year deal over say a three year deal somewhere else.  Sometimes you have to put yourself in the actual shoes of the individual.

Would you be prepared to commit say £30M if you were Liverpool to give Bobby a 3 year contract?  Or would you take £20M now for him.  That's a big £50M decision to be taken if you are running a business and thinking about future investment?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2955: Jul 26, 2022 10:01:46 am
      I think Bobby can still contribute for sure.  I've often backed him when a lot of people have been on his back.

My question is whether he still has that personal hunger at Liverpool that he may have had a couple of years back or is he at the age where he is planning his last big contract?

If you were over the hump of your relatively short career you'd have to have some connection with your employer to take a one year deal over say a three year deal somewhere else.  Sometimes you have to put yourself in the actual shoes of the individual.

Would you be prepared to commit say £30M if you were Liverpool to give Bobby a 3 year contract?  Or would you take £20M now for him.  That's a big £50M decision to be taken if you are running a business and thinking about future investment?

I'm confident he will take deals similar to Milner, and stay as long as he wants.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2956: Jul 26, 2022 10:09:57 am
      Too late in the day. Season starts this weekend. Juve can do one.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2957: Jul 26, 2022 10:13:07 am

Unfortunately, not all fans think this way. If a resource is valuable be it on the bench if not a starter, they’d want to keep the player disregarding the cost or the monetary opportunity to cash in. That’s because their priority is not financial but winning at all costs, similar to buying trophies.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2958: Jul 26, 2022 10:48:20 am
      Unfortunately, not all fans think this way. If a resource is valuable be it on the bench if not a starter, they’d want to keep the player disregarding the cost or the monetary opportunity to cash in. That’s because their priority is not financial but winning at all costs, similar to buying trophies.

Same with Klopp, he knows the value of Bobbi.  :gt-happyup:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,226 posts | 8571 
      Reply #2959: Jul 26, 2022 09:08:48 pm
      Can see the value in keeping now the five sub rule in play during league games.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2960: Jul 27, 2022 02:53:03 am
      Tough position for him with Nunez coming in and Jota who has played centraly for us that competition is tough for a regular spot. If he sticks around (which I believe will happen) he will get a chance to win his spot back and I figure motivation of World Cup spot up for grabs that he will be start the season firing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #2961: Jul 27, 2022 01:39:26 pm
      Can see the value in keeping now the five sub rule in play during league games.

Yes, I can see Jürgen using 2 / 3 / maybe even 4 subs a game.  He will rotate 1 or 2 starters every match, and then get 20-30 minutes for subs.  He has regularly spoken about the grueling schedule, so I expect him to take full advantage of our squad depth this season which will mean a fair amount of minutes for Bobby, even if a lot of them come as a sub.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2962: Jul 27, 2022 02:00:20 pm
      I would keep him just to keep the place shining with those nashers 😬
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2963: Jul 27, 2022 02:22:22 pm
      Think Bobbi will start a lot more games than some may think this season. Fully fit Bobbi is still dyno.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2964: Jul 27, 2022 07:44:35 pm
      Think Bobbi will start a lot more games than some may think this season. Fully fit Bobbi is still dyno.

still so much to offer tell Juve to keep their hands off
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2965: Jul 28, 2022 10:02:45 am
      Bobbi is only 30yrs old, many more years in the tank, he already stated he wants to stay.

Just hope the Juve offer is just BS. Would be very very sad to see Bobbi go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2966: Jul 28, 2022 10:14:22 am
      Big few weeks coming up for Bobby. With Jota injured and Nunez still settling in, he'll be starting the next few weeks so he has a real chance to stake his claim and potentially get back into the Brazil squad. If he doesn't take it he will probably be an off the bench/cup game option until he leaves on a free next summer.

Quick Reply