Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 376576 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #299: Jul 22, 2015 04:08:16 pm
      Obviously needs lessons on the lean.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #300: Jul 22, 2015 04:08:56 pm

Officially official now.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #301: Jul 22, 2015 04:09:39 pm

He's not gone in yet ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #302: Jul 22, 2015 04:10:45 pm

They set this up outside? ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #303: Jul 22, 2015 04:11:28 pm

A leaning photo is all I need.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #304: Jul 22, 2015 04:24:23 pm

:D  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #305: Jul 22, 2015 05:21:58 pm
      I hope for his sake he's in sparkling form from day one or he'll be another tagged with the "what a waste of £29m brigade".  If he's lucky he might get a couple of games grace but any longer than that and he'll be labelled a flop

Jesus it's going to be a long season  >:(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #306: Jul 22, 2015 05:24:07 pm
      I hope for his sake he's in sparkling form from day one or he'll be another tagged with the "what a waste of £29m brigade".  If he's lucky he might get a couple of games grace but any longer than that and he'll be labelled a flop

Nevermind those folks Deb.

You don't pay the same amount for a new Ford that you paid 10 years ago...it is what it is. Smart folks like you know that and shouldn't get drug down by all of the "kids" that want to play "Football Financeer".
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #307: Jul 22, 2015 05:29:31 pm
      Nevermind those folks Deb.

You don't pay the same amount for a new Ford that you paid 10 years ago...it is what it is. Smart folks like you know that and shouldn't get drug down by all of the "kids" that want to play "Football Financeer".

Yes but we're Liverpool mate, world class players are supposed to come to us for buttons and play for free and even then they wouldn't be good enough for some. 

It fucks me off mate when I want to look forward to the start of the season, see the new lads play, get excited like fans are supposed to be, only to hear the drone of negativity everywhere. 

I feel like a balloon slowly deflating in every thread I go in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #308: Jul 22, 2015 05:35:12 pm
      Yes but we're Liverpool mate, world class players are supposed to come to us for buttons and play for free and even then they wouldn't be good enough for some. 

It fucks me off mate when I want to look forward to the start of the season, see the new lads play, get excited like fans are supposed to be, only to hear the drone of negativity everywhere. 

I feel like a balloon slowly deflating in every thread I go in.

With you on that, suppose I'm adding to that by replying to the the negative Nancys. Never turned my back on a good fight mind you ;)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #309: Jul 22, 2015 05:40:48 pm
      With you on that, suppose I'm adding to that by replying to the the negative Nancys. Never turned my back on a good fight mind you ;)

Nah mate you carry on, we need some fight to counteract it but you're wasting your time, their minds are made up on who'll be a success and those who won't  :gt-happyup:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #310: Jul 22, 2015 07:51:49 pm

Oh I can't wait for Firmino to get tagged with my *favorite* player criticism: "lightweight."
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #311: Jul 22, 2015 08:50:05 pm
      Borini will be gone soon and Fed will need another target  :P

Moreno is already slotted right in...so no worries.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #312: Jul 22, 2015 11:51:09 pm
      Moreno is already slotted right in...so no worries.

Allen grew the beard so he'd be unrecognizable.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #313: Jul 23, 2015 12:00:41 pm
      Allen grew the beard so he'd be unrecognizable.

He didn't need his beard, his overall play is enough.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #314: Jul 23, 2015 05:49:15 pm
      Roberto Firmino: The first interview

Roberto Firmino has explained the role Philippe Coutinho played in his move to Anfield this summer and revealed his excitement at the prospect of making his Reds debut

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, Roberto. Why Liverpool then, what persuaded you to sign for the club?

As a football fan, I've been watching the Premier League for a while now. Liverpool was my choice because of its history and its team, and also because Coutinho told me some great things about the club. I hope I can bring joy to the people playing for this club

How much do you know about Liverpool and its history, honours and fans?

Although I obviously don't know as much as the people from the city and the fans, I do know some stuff about Liverpool. I've been watching some games and also I remember that famous Champions League final, when Liverpool were trailing 3-0 and came back to win the trophy on penalties. I feel very fond of Liverpool.

How did it feel when you first learned that Liverpool wanted to sign you?

It's always welcome knowing that a club is interested in you. I discussed it with my agent and decided to opt for Liverpool, so here I am today.

For Liverpool fans who don't know much about you and your career, what sort of player are you? How do you like to play?

I'm a player who works hard and who's constantly looking to support my teammates on the pitch. I'm a player with an attitude and who knows how to play a tactical role with the team. You will soon have the opportunity to see me play.

How does it feel to wear one of the world's most famous football shirts?

It's a unique opportunity. I could say Liverpool is the first big club I will play for. It's a massive chance for me to show what I can do.

How will it feel to play in red again? (Roberto played for Clube de Regatas Brasil as a youngster)

It will be a special feeling. I've matured since then and I think the red colour represents the passion. I want to show the fans this passion alongside my teammates

How much are you looking forward to joining up with your teammates and being involved in the final weeks of pre-season?

I've received a warm welcome from the teammates who are here and I trust I will have the same from those who are on tour at the moment. I hope I can join up with them soon and get on well with everyone so we can do our best together on the pitch.

Are you confident you'll be able to adapt to English football?

I am, without a doubt. German football, where I've played for nearly five years, is very similar – maybe just a little less tough than English football. I'm confident I'll be just fine here.

Have you heard about the famous Kop? How much are you looking forward to playing in front of them?

Yes. I can't wait to step out onto the pitch with my right foot and give my best to the team and my teammates. I'm looking forward to having goosebumps when I hear the fans singing those chants before the game.

How much of an influence was Philippe Coutinho on you signing for this club?

He was very helpful although it was ultimately my decision. I wanted to know more about how it works here and he had some very good things to tell me. He's a great character and I hope we can nurture our friendship at Liverpool.

Philippe and you recently played together for Brazil at the Copa America. What was that like and how much are you looking forward to playing alongside Coutinho at Liverpool?

As I've just said, Philippe is a great person and has a big heart. He showed me his personal qualities during our time together at the Selecao. I'm expecting us to be two fighters on the pitch battling together for the best for Liverpool, hoping that it will bring us the victories.

Have you had the chance to see and know the city of Liverpool? What are your first impressions of the city and the people?

I've noticed the city is bigger than Hoffenheim – where I used to live – so I think it'll be a better experience for me. It's a different world really. I hope I can settle in and start to play as quickly as possible.

Have you watched many Liverpool games on the television?

As I said, I remember well that Champions League final from a while ago. I've been watching English football and particularly Liverpool recently as I knew the club were interested in signing me.

You come to a young Liverpool team. What can this squad achieve together, what can you bring to this team and how much are you looking forward to this new challenge in your career?

Although it's a young team, there's a lot of experience and quality in it. Each and every one of the players must do their best to have the chance to play and win games as a consequence.

Philippe has mentioned on several occasions that he has had a great welcome from the Liverpool fans since his arrival in 2013. How important is it for you to have the same reception from the supporters?

It's very important and makes a huge difference to the players as the fans are our 12th player. They're always behind their team and that gives us a boost to run on the pitch and help each other.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189533-roberto-firmino-the-first-interview
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #315: Jul 23, 2015 05:55:46 pm
      For Liverpool fans who don't know much about you and your career, what sort of player are you? How do you like to play?

I'm a player who works hard and who's constantly looking to support my teammates on the pitch. I'm a player with an attitude and who knows how to play a tactical role with the team. You will soon have the opportunity to see me play.

Are you confident you'll be able to adapt to English football?

I am, without a doubt. German football, where I've played for nearly five years, is very similar – maybe just a little less tough than English football. I'm confident I'll be just fine here.

Philippe and you recently played together for Brazil at the Copa America. What was that like and how much are you looking forward to playing alongside Coutinho at Liverpool?

As I've just said, Philippe is a great person and has a big heart. He showed me his personal qualities during our time together at the Selecao. I'm expecting us to be two fighters on the pitch battling together for the best for Liverpool, hoping that it will bring us the victories.

Kid has some swagger to him...have not had that since a certain player left for Southern borders.....lets hope he can back it up.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #316: Jul 23, 2015 06:38:22 pm
      I like he has confident, that is important. What I am afraid of is that our fans will expect the second coming of Suarez.
      He will be in a lot of pressure, and it really doesn't help when people think he is going to replace a world class player.

He isn't a direct replacement, but that doesn't stop people comparing them both.
      Forget he is a Brazilian, and a big money signing for us. Let the lad settle in, and play to his strength and he will become good.

The same goes for Benteke, all the arguments I or we had against him, shouldn't matter anymore. He is our player now, and they both should be given time before stempling them flops.

And all this oh, we are on a message board, it doesn't count. It actually does. Quick search on players name and they end up here. Not to mention every player out there has twitter account, people read these posts, and tweets or base their opinion from something reading on the Web.

All I am saying is give our players some time to show their quality.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015 07:07:00 pm by Billo »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #317: Jul 23, 2015 06:44:30 pm
      I like he has confident, that is important. What I am afraid of is that our fans will expect the second coming of Suarez.
      He will be in a lot of pressure, ND it really doesn't help when you people think you are going to replace a world class player.

He isn't a direct replacement, but that doesn't stop people comparing them both.
      Forget he is a Brazilian, and a big money signing for us. Let the lad settle in, and play to his strength and he will become good.

The same goes for Benteke, all the arguments I or we had against him, shouldn't matter anymore. He is our player now, and they both should be given time before stempling them flops.

And all this oh, we are on a message board, it doesn't count. It actually does. Quick search on players name and they end up here. Not to mention every player out there has twitter account, people read these posts and tweets or base their opinion from something reading on the Web.

All I am saying give our player some time to show their quality.

Top post and top attitude, some could learn a lot from this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #318: Jul 23, 2015 10:28:33 pm
      I doubt many fans expect Firmino to be another Suarez. He's more of a Gerrard type player.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #319: Jul 23, 2015 10:35:18 pm
      I doubt many fans expect Firmino to be another Suarez. He's more of a Gerrard type player.

that doesnt ease the pressure on the lad either, the whole point was to not compare him to a world class player and let him be himself and give him time. comparing him to a legend, when he has just signed, nothing good can come out of it. and i know we cant stop people doing it, but i had to get it out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #320: Jul 24, 2015 09:07:33 am
      Can't wait to see him in action.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #321: Jul 24, 2015 08:40:49 pm
      Can't wait to see him in action.

Same :D Been watching him a lot(full matches) over the last 1 and a half season and I'm really excited. Just hope Rodgers has done his homework with him and play him as a 2nd striker or inside forward.

Quick Reply