Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Roberto Firmino Player Thread

Read 119923 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,024 posts | 2963 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #30: Jun 24, 2015 08:17:40 am
      Fair play to Ian Ayre, getting a decent player for a decent fee without taking weeks... for once.

So happy with this.

Any ideas if he is the 2nd choice striker or should we still expect another attacker?

Does seem a great prospect.
      Might just be the impending sale of Sterling hurried the deal up, not forgetting his mate Phillippe who no doubt spoke not too well about Jumble Face Van Gaal at the other yard.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #31: Jun 24, 2015 08:22:07 am
      Passportboy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #32: Jun 24, 2015 08:22:15 am
      Great signing - no doubt Couthino helped with this one..! I would not wager against Lukas also having a hand in this move...

I agree that his skill and work rate makes him look like Suarez, but I hope the level of pressure on him and expectation is not dropped instantly. The Premiership is a very strange league - however coming from Germany this may help...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,952 posts | 1394 
      Reply #33: Jun 24, 2015 08:28:54 am
      Apparently rejected Utd, Dortmund, and some other team I can't recall. All with the help of this guy...

Just for rejecting United he must be good, welcome to  Anfield  Roberto, now  go and help us to win the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,024 posts | 2963 
      Reply #34: Jun 24, 2015 08:35:24 am
      He is reminiscent of Suarez with an awareness that is almost radar like, he doesn't seem to visually fix on the target and the ball appears to know it's destiny, Suarez No 2 hopefully.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #35: Jun 24, 2015 08:45:00 am
      Goal number five in this:

https://youtu.be/sE-pdHpU8sk

Personally I think applying the pressure of giving him the tag of a new Suarez should be left to the tabloids, no doubt they'll tag him that in the hope it'll give them headlines if it doesn't work out that way.

Welcome to Anfield son, watching Coutinho feeding you through balls is going to be sublime.

#happyasapiginshit
      Semple

• 7,849 posts | 134 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #36: Jun 24, 2015 08:45:47 am
      Fantastic news, great to see we are going at it hard. I think we can kiss goodbye to Sterling now, no way would we have £23-29m without selling him. ;)

Genuinely, maybe I am being a little cautious still, but is it a little premature having  player thread yet?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,024 posts | 2963 
      Reply #37: Jun 24, 2015 08:53:19 am
      Goal number five in this:

https://youtu.be/sE-pdHpU8sk

Personally I think applying the pressure of giving him the tag of a new Suarez should be left to the tabloids, no doubt they'll tag him that in the hope it'll give them headlines if it doesn't work out that way.

Welcome to Anfield son, watching Coutinho feeding you through balls is going to be sublime.

#happyasapiginshit

Ian they can call him what they like mate, I know he is a gem of a footballer aka Luis Suarez.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #38: Jun 24, 2015 08:55:45 am
      Genuinely, maybe I am being a little cautious still, but is it a little premature having  player thread yet?

I thought the same myself but it's just the present mind set of being overly cautious where ayre is concerned, that moment when the contract is about to be signed and he slips and stabs the player in the eye and then his tourettes kicks in and he calls the lad a f**king bi*ch.

:D

Rush

• 8,239 posts | 972 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #39: Jun 24, 2015 08:56:40 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,024 posts | 2963 
      Reply #40: Jun 24, 2015 08:57:24 am
      Fantastic news, great to see we are going at it hard. I think we can kiss goodbye to Sterling now, no way would we have £23-29m without selling him. ;)

Signed and sealed mate, can't see any reason he should not be in the player thread.
      The anticipated Sterling fee no doubt spurred that dozy b***ard FSG stalwart Ayres into making a move.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #41: Jun 24, 2015 08:58:04 am

Its on the LFC web site. so don't think its premature at all. :-)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #42: Jun 24, 2015 09:00:44 am
      Ian they can call him what they like mate, I know he is a gem of a footballer aka Luis Suarez.

I've only seen his show reel so can't really comment Stu, I like the comments of the more world football knowledgeable but how many times have we seen it in the past? Momo Sissokho was going to be the new Viera, the past is littered with 'the new' players who just turned out to be their own men.

Personally, given he's a young lad I hope he comes and slowly progresses into a worldy without a mention of Luis.

That ain't gonna happen though is it?

;)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,050 posts | 431 
      Reply #43: Jun 24, 2015 09:06:37 am
      I feel very optimistic about this signing!

Welcome to the club! xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,610 posts | 314 
      Reply #44: Jun 24, 2015 09:09:40 am
      A really good bit of business, well done Ian Ayre, he gets enough stick, so nice to give him a bit of praise.
      Welcome to the greatest Club in the World Roberto!
      Raheem who!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,979 posts | 3646 
      Reply #45: Jun 24, 2015 09:16:02 am
      Good luck at Liverpool - looks a decent player this lad.  47 goals in 150 odd games not to be sniffed at - especially at Hoffenheim.

Hope he settles quickly at the club and can hit the ground running.

Fair play to Hoffenheim as well who must have some decent scouting going on to have got him for £2M or whatever from the Brazilian second division!

Vital now we get some more quality in to take some of the huge weight that is already on this fella's shoulders!

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 195 
      Reply #46: Jun 24, 2015 09:17:12 am
      Pick a number so I can buy your jersey already.

Guess it'll be 11. Wears the same with Brazil and Assaidi has vacated it.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #47: Jun 24, 2015 09:18:40 am

Be nice to have a new no.11 who can do the shirt justice.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #48: Jun 24, 2015 09:19:36 am
      GET THE FUCK IN ! YES ! 

Wasn't he in the last year of contract though ? I find it hard to believe we paid 40 mill for him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #49: Jun 24, 2015 09:24:14 am
      GET THE FUCK IN ! YES ! 

Wasn't he in the last year of contract though ? I find it hard to believe we paid 40 mill for him.

We didnt its £22M rising to £29M
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #50: Jun 24, 2015 09:25:05 am
      :) Very pleased to wake up to this news, he's got some skills this kid, will be a joy to watch I'm sure. It's nice to sign an exciting player, we know we're in for some fun this season already.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,966 posts | 2368 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Jun 24, 2015 09:28:32 am

It's the logical option but i'm not going to jump the gun :D Can't bloody wait.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,410 posts | 693 
      • YNWA
      Reply #52: Jun 24, 2015 09:30:09 am
      Don't know much about Firmino. But reading up, he seems like a good fit. Hasn't proved himself at a *big* club, but playing for Brazil he knows how to play under pressure. Seems to like short passing, interplay, works hard (good tackle count). And Cou should be able to help him settle in. Fingers crossed...

Guess this means Raheem will be on his way...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #53: Jun 24, 2015 09:34:15 am
      He's Ulloa's twin ? Or maybe the combination between Ulloa and Neymar ?  :)))

+

=

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 36 
      Reply #54: Jun 24, 2015 09:34:38 am
      And suddenly the Gomez, Ings and Milner transfers look like a good piece of business :D?

Welcome to our big red family Roberto!

Hope you'll do well here!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #55: Jun 24, 2015 09:36:01 am
      Different leagues I know, well it's something to look at either way

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,329 posts | 193 
      Reply #56: Jun 24, 2015 09:48:39 am
      Apparently rejected Utd, Dortmund, and some other team I can't recall. All with the help of this guy...

If that's true, I'm in love with our little Couts. Made up with this signing. The guy has superb touch and control on the ball. Can't wait to see him link up with Couts. With Lallana and Ibe behind him as well, and the prospect of Danny coming back, we could have a lethal attack. Welcome to the family Firmino. Benteke is not the right fit, this here is proper business.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,284 posts | 1258 
      Reply #57: Jun 24, 2015 09:49:36 am
      Welcome to the club Robbie!

Why are we so surprised? Sterling is near enough gone for 50m and FSG have proven they will invest back into the squad with any sales made.

Its just refreshing that we have finally signed somebody with a bit of quality rather than a big fish in a small pond or flavour of the month type of player from the premierleague.

Very excited about this signing. Now bring in Bacca and Clyne and we'll be looking very good next season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #58: Jun 24, 2015 09:50:07 am
      Anybody know which channel is showing the Copa, might be worth watching the Saturday game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,024 posts | 2963 
      Reply #59: Jun 24, 2015 10:00:37 am
      I've only seen his show reel so can't really comment Stu, I like the comments of the more world football knowledgeable but how many times have we seen it in the past? Momo Sissokho was going to be the new Viera, the past is littered with 'the new' players who just turned out to be their own men.

Personally, given he's a young lad I hope he comes and slowly progresses into a worldy without a mention of Luis.

That ain't gonna happen though is it?

;)

This all day mate, of course a gradual improvement in the lad's performance is the desired result and although there is some excitement at his arrival, expectation levels must be realistic without any associated pressure.
      The Suarez experience is still a bitter memory and not to be replicated.   

Quick Reply