Trending Topics

Next match: Arse v LFC [Premier League] Sun 9th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Emirates Stadium

Today is the 5th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W17 D1 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 293316 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,003 posts | 645 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3128: Sep 01, 2022 02:27:35 am
      His pass to put Salah through to set up the winning corner is getting overlooked. Good ball.

My two favs are the goal he scored weaving in and out of Gooners at Anfield in the 18/19 season. That samba footwork. The other was the club world cup goal. Lost my sh*t on that one
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 462 
      Reply #3129: Sep 01, 2022 05:47:37 am
      I think if he is to drop deep into midfield to get the ball, he needs to stop with the fancy flicks, more often than not he lost the ball doing a flick. All good when we do this closer to their half, but one mistake at half line could cause an easy counter attack.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,981 posts | 5595 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3130: Sep 01, 2022 07:27:12 am
      He nutmegged the lad for his goal!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,833 posts | 1828 
      Reply #3131: Sep 01, 2022 09:25:49 am
      His pass to put Salah through to set up the winning corner is getting overlooked. Good ball.

I agree, that was  absolutely crucial, it was good control and a perfectly weighted pass. It's great to see him playing himself back into form, he is still a bit rusty but you can see some of the old magic returning. I'd like to see Salah get himself in more central areas every time he drops into those pockets of space.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,935 posts | 576 
      Reply #3132: Sep 01, 2022 05:50:36 pm

He also played an inch-perfect through ball for Diaz in the first half, not long before they scored. It deserved better.

Quick Reply