Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 376440 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #851: Aug 17, 2016 11:06:51 am
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #852: Aug 18, 2016 03:07:54 pm
      Tbh this is probably because the local teams are in the middle of the national league and they will not accept let their players go to the nt too after the olimpics - Luan-Gabigol-Gabriel Jesus.

Coutinho will always be named with the new coach.

But people thinks that Firmino is a winger; and there are other wingers that people likes more, like Lucas Moura and the youngsters of the olimpics.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #853: Aug 27, 2016 03:16:12 pm
      Cannot believe Firmino gets the amount of time upfront he does compared to sturridge.

I think today was a bit better from him but we need a lot more from a focal striking point than what he's producing. It's not enough and it isn't good enough that he gets to start because he can run around a bit. He has pretty much been anonymous compared to Mane and Coutinho even, yet he still gets picked.

0 goals in 3 premiership games.

We've already started to pay for the decisions Klopp has made.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #854: Aug 27, 2016 03:23:45 pm
      Cannot believe Firmino gets the amount of time upfront he does compared to sturridge.

I think today was a bit better from him but we need a lot more from a focal striking point than what he's producing. It's not enough and it isn't good enough that he gets to start because he can run around a bit. He has pretty much been anonymous compared to Mane and Coutinho even, yet he still gets picked.

0 goals in 3 premiership games.

We've already started to pay for the decisions Klopp has made.

I didn't think Firmino played too badly , but I am not a fan of this false nine. Much prefer having a genuine striker up front. But that's something I will take up with Jürgen ... it's not Firmino's fault :)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #855: Aug 27, 2016 03:31:49 pm
      I didn't think Firmino played too badly , but I am not a fan of this false nine. Much prefer having a genuine striker up front. But that's something I will take up with Jürgen ... it's not Firmino's fault :)

He was okay today, nothing more. However, in the previous two games he's more or less been a passenger and then even today I just think what would have been if we'd have had the attacking movement and thinking of Sturridge against an open Spurs defense.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #856: Aug 27, 2016 03:57:04 pm
      He was okay today, nothing more. However, in the previous two games he's more or less been a passenger and then even today I just think what would have been if we'd have had the attacking movement and thinking of Sturridge against an open Spurs defense.

From what have seen of Origi and Studge so far this season, not sure Firmino doesn't deserve to start. Thought he did pretty well today. Lost our way today when Origi came on. See no point at all putting Studge on with 3 mins left. We certainly don't look like we're going to have a man in the 20 goals per season category this season either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #857: Aug 27, 2016 04:36:53 pm
      Thought Firmino was very good and close to MOTM for me, his work rate is exceptional.

The attack wasn't the problem today, we could have been 3-4 up and had a lot of nice movement and link up play. I think Firmino, Mane and Coutinho has chemistry.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #858: Aug 27, 2016 05:32:52 pm
      When the "false" part of the false 9 refers to the fact that the fella you've got playing centre forward never looks like scoring a goal, you've got a problem.

Firmino runs around a lot, closes down well etc but Robbie Savage used to do that too. When he had his big moment in the dying seconds, the chance to win us the game, he had three options. Firstly he could have tried to outpace the defence, but of course he can't do that. He could have dummied to pass but gone alone (my pick) but he didn't do that. Or, he could play Lallana in. This he did but he fluffed it and the chance was gone.

He looks like a player who isn't quite as good as he thinks he is to me. Occasionally he is brilliant, but usually his performances are too in and out. There's a whole raft of things it's not OK to talk about now Rodgers has gone, minutes per goal ratios for strikers is one of them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #859: Aug 28, 2016 01:51:04 am
      Thought Firmino was very good and close to MOTM for me, his work rate is exceptional.

The attack wasn't the problem today, we could have been 3-4 up and had a lot of nice movement and link up play. I think Firmino, Mane and Coutinho has chemistry.

It wasn't the main problem granted but had we have been more clinical then we'd have been out of sight. We haven't scored a goal in open play now for over 180 minutes.

Thing is, most knew Tottenham would give us space by the way they play; their play defensively still hasn't changed all that much since we thumped them 5-0 down at WHL.

Had we a bit of pace and a natural finisher up front with better attacking instincts we would have come back with all three points given the way the team played overall today. It's a defensive attack IMO having Firmino in the '9' role and against a porous side like Spurs who can be opened up (see Vertoghen or whatever his name was sh*t bricks and foul Mane due to his pace!), I think Klopp has again chosen the wrong player to play in that position.

Everyone goes on about the press and Firmino does work hard but that's it, that's his end product and after three games the end product of a '9' is missing in our game - GOALS. If you want a worker up there to close down we may as well throw Henderson or Milner up top. Speaking of Henderson, and by the same token, the posters who thank Firmino as the ducks nuts due to his tireless work rate are the ones who lash out at Henderson being played - he, offers exactly the same in terms of work rate when he plays. Yet, Henderson is lambasted for not orchestrating the midfield better, while Firmino's lack of goal threat and everything offensively this position requires gets glossed over and ignored. Ironic or what.

I think the potential of Mane, Sturridge and Coutinho looks far more superior it terms of winning you a game, rather than harrying for the ball. That movement and link up play you talk would improve more so IMO and we'd have someone in the team who will take the chances more often than not. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2016 03:29:09 am by Beerbelly »
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #860: Aug 28, 2016 04:37:31 am
      When the "false" part of the false 9 refers to the fact that the fella you've got playing centre forward never looks like scoring a goal, you've got a problem.

Firmino runs around a lot, closes down well etc but Robbie Savage used to do that too. When he had his big moment in the dying seconds, the chance to win us the game, he had three options. Firstly he could have tried to outpace the defence, but of course he can't do that. He could have dummied to pass but gone alone (my pick) but he didn't do that. Or, he could play Lallana in. This he did but he fluffed it and the chance was gone.

He looks like a player who isn't quite as good as he thinks he is to me. Occasionally he is brilliant, but usually his performances are too in and out. There's a whole raft of things it's not OK to talk about now Rodgers has gone, minutes per goal ratios for strikers is one of them.

I think Hendo was more at fault for that last chance with his soft pass to Firmino. Lallana also should have tried to turn the defender before finishing it. Overall though, I do want to see Firmino being more selfish and I think he does have the talent to back it up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #861: Sep 10, 2016 11:57:13 pm
      Really quite good.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #862: Sep 11, 2016 12:24:16 am
      Haha I bet a currently banned poster is eating his words.

Shame Beer can't post  8)

But seriously he has always been a step ahead of his team mates, just seems like they are catching up to his Magic.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016 01:24:55 am by HScRed1 »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #863: Sep 11, 2016 08:30:59 am
      From day one my opinion on the lad has never wavered - a fine, quality, footballer. Team him with like-minded players and we will reap the benefits.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #864: Sep 11, 2016 10:43:07 am
      From day one my opinion on the lad has never wavered - a fine, quality, footballer. Team him with like-minded players and we will reap the benefits.

Yep - 100%.

I stated on here about halfway through last season that I think he'll rip the league up this season.

Stand by that. Class act.

Criminal clobber mind  :(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #865: Sep 11, 2016 10:49:24 am
      Fantastic performance, but please lose that awful haircut.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #866: Sep 11, 2016 10:50:05 am
      It's strange that a player this good seems to be so under rated by some of our own fans.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #867: Sep 11, 2016 12:26:04 pm
      Some right F***ing squares amongst our fanbase, get with the times, we've been doing these haircuts at my salon for a while now  8)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #868: Sep 11, 2016 12:31:13 pm
      It's strange that a player this good seems to be so under rated by some of our own fans.

Not really mate.
      It seems there are plenty who don't think someone has a good game unless they score or do something spectacular.

Firmino's movement and creation of space, added to his interchanging and support play has been excellent all season, and will get better, but it seems some only see goals and assists.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #869: Sep 11, 2016 02:06:24 pm

Spot on. Given the freedom to roam and create he is an excellent player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #870: Sep 11, 2016 05:26:38 pm
      Not really mate.
      It seems there are plenty who don't think someone has a good game unless they score or do something spectacular.

Firmino's movement and creation of space, added to his interchanging and support play has been excellent all season, and will get better, but it seems some only see goals and assists.

So what you're saying mate is that some on here don't have a clue what they're talking about? ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #871: Sep 11, 2016 05:52:21 pm
      So what you're saying mate is that some on here don't have a clue what they're talking about? ;)

Pretty much  :laugh:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #872: Sep 11, 2016 05:55:44 pm

Why drag me into it :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #873: Sep 11, 2016 06:01:08 pm
      I think it would be churlish to suggest that Firmino has been playing just as well as he did yesterday in all the other games, it's just that he didn't score. I'm not actually sure anybody IS saying that are they? I mean it was obvious from very early in the game yesterday that Bobby was far more on his game than he had been this season so far. At best I suppose people who felt that way inclined could claim it was pure coincidence that when paired up as the creative force to a proper striker that he suddenly looked good, but that he looked good was beyond dispute. Surely?

Quick Reply