Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375894 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #989: Jan 09, 2017 01:21:57 pm
      After the previous burglaries of LFC players I thought during games & away matches player homes were provided with visible security by the club?..

Horrible cu*ts burglars...
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #990: Jan 09, 2017 05:01:53 pm
      After the previous burglaries of LFC players I thought during games & away matches player homes were provided with visible security by the club?..

Horrible cu*ts burglars...
      They are the lowest of the low mate,been burgled myself 'whilst away on holiday with my partner' the worst feeling ever & wouldn't wish it on anyone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #991: Jan 09, 2017 05:20:18 pm
      They are the lowest of the low mate,been burgled myself 'whilst away on holiday with my partner' the worst feeling ever & wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Me too, had my elderly parents downstairs at the time too, left us feeling violated....made a promise though that if I ever found out who they were & caught them I would take a sledgehammer to their hand...won't go burgling any other person house again guaranteed..

Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #992: Jan 09, 2017 07:45:37 pm
      Me too, had my elderly parents downstairs at the time too, left us feeling violated....made a promise though that if I ever found out who they were & caught them I would take a sledgehammer to their hand...won't go burgling any other person house again guaranteed..
      That is shocking & disgusting about your elderly parents being at home at the time.,and I can totally relate to the feeling of being violated'.
      I do know of a person  who did catch someone trying to knick his  car from outside his house,didn't need to use a hammer though as he was quite a tidy amateur boxer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #993: Jan 09, 2017 08:31:22 pm
      How do they know they stalked his home for days?

Did someone at the Echo do it?
      Apparently from what I know about the law, people can't be asked to leave an area even if acting suspicious until they actually break the law. It is possible they were reported before it happened.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #994: Jan 09, 2017 09:25:00 pm
      I too have been a victim , I was 6 at the time when it happened. They actually left me and my brothers shared bedroom alone and ransacked the other rooms. Took a long time for my parents to get over it :(

Hope the thieves are caught and spend at least, 10 years in prison, but we know it'll probably only be a couple of months "holiday" (prison) and community service.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #995: Jan 11, 2017 11:53:24 pm
      Really worrying that his form has just deserted him and we could really do with him at the moment.

You would have thought a player with his skill set could play anywhere across the front 3, maybe not and time to play him centrally.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #996: Jan 12, 2017 07:39:29 am
      Hopefully he gets his Mojo back quick, now that he has his bestie Coutinho back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #997: Jan 15, 2017 08:49:30 pm
      Thinking back now I wish Bobby had smashed that f**ker Hererra.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #998: Jan 15, 2017 10:35:26 pm
      https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/820733920639643648

Hopefully that links to the drag down from the heavens. Such a sublime touch at times does Bobby and this is one of many similar this season, sure we can all do these when thrown directly up but try doing this from over your shoulder, lovely touch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #999: Jan 16, 2017 02:46:08 am
      He looks a different player when Courinho is on the pitch. Hopefully Cou starts getting starts.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1000: Jan 16, 2017 03:55:41 am
      People digging Gini for his miss but Firmino had the best opportunity in the second half, and as Klopp said it was a big opportunity to put us 2 up.

Needs to start tucking the ball away to round off those defensive performances.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1001: Jan 16, 2017 09:28:48 am
      I'd have toe bunged it. That's probably why I run a pub and he plays for Liverpool. Reckon I'd have scored tho for all that ;D.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1002: Jan 16, 2017 09:52:15 am
      I'd have toe bunged it. That's probably why I run a pub and he plays for Liverpool. Reckon I'd have scored tho for all that ;D.

"toe bunged"?

I'm assuming that's the same as a toe punt.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1003: Jan 16, 2017 11:24:43 am
      "Toe poke"
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1004: Jan 16, 2017 01:49:36 pm
      All the same thing, we called em toe "bungers" when we wuz kids. Same as when you lift someone up by their "Grundies" (underpants) it was called giving them the "Shreddies" where I was from. I'm aware there are different names for all these things. Anyway I'd have whacked it with the old toes, minimal backlift and lots of power. Sturridge does it a lot, although I've no idea what he calls it ;D.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1005: Jan 18, 2017 03:15:26 am
      I love Firmino for all the pressure/ defensive work he does and the ground he covers every game, but I sometimes wonder if this guy is a 15 or even 12-ish goals a season striker.

He has great technique, but from the little experience I have watching football he seems to lack that natural, kind of instinctive finisher precision, and I if I have to be honest I find it pretty decently infuriating. Not that it means anything, it just annoys the F**k out of me.

Now, I'm not laying any kind of blame on him, but almighty baby Jesus if this guy had even slightly better finishing skills he'd be an absolute monster.

I thought he was having a kind of bad patch as most strikers tend to get, but now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think? Do we even need a striker with those characteristics, or would our system crash and burn if the player is bad at pressing, so we somehow need to compromise goalscoring skill alone in favor or harder working strikers?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1006: Jan 18, 2017 04:49:03 am
      I love Firmino for all the pressure/ defensive work he does and the ground he covers every game, but I sometimes wonder if this guy is a 15 or even 12-ish goals a season striker.

He has great technique, but from the little experience I have watching football he seems to lack that natural, kind of instinctive finisher precision, and I if I have to be honest I find it pretty decently infuriating. Not that it means anything, it just annoys the f**k out of me.

Now, I'm not laying any kind of blame on him, but almighty baby Jesus if this guy had even slightly better finishing skills he'd be an absolute monster.

I thought he was having a kind of bad patch as most strikers tend to get, but now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think? Do we even need a striker with those characteristics, or would our system crash and burn if the player is bad at pressing, so we somehow need to compromise goalscoring skill alone in favor or harder working strikers?

Our system wouldn't crash because we haven't been able to play the gegenpress all season in every game. It started early on when teams like Watford and Leicester came to Anfield and sat the proverbial bus.

For me, Sturridge is well suited to playing against deeper lying teams. And it's not saying that if Sturridge plays Firmino doesn't, it doens't have to be a choice between just these two players. But Sturridge does have IMO better movement in that he can ghost in and across a backline, or pull out and drop deeper to lose a man and make addititional space for runners. And of course he is the best finisher we have at the club.

I agree, if Firmino was able to be more clinical and less prone to giving away customary sloppy passes he'd be an excellent, well rounded player. His best attribute is his work-rate IMO, similar to that of Kuyt who like Bobby wasn't the most clinical, or instinctive, nor greedy of strikers in front of goal.
      michaelsanmi09
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1007: Jan 18, 2017 07:13:48 am
      I want klopp to sign a winger,Traore(or any quality winger) would do, what is wrong with firmino and please all these so called work rate he can keep it on the bench.
      klopp should have sold Ings because I really do not see what the plan is for the dude.
      I like Firmino I really do, but he has missed countless opportunities , I would prefer him in midfield , he can compete with Lallana for a place. I would have loved us to bring in a winger who can play on the right and Mane can play as a centre forward,it's not as if he needs to be static playing there anyways.
      Having more options wouldn't hurt us would it?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1008: Jan 18, 2017 07:21:20 am
      I want klopp to sign a winger,Traore(or any quality winger) would do, what is wrong with firmino and please all these so called work rate he can keep it on the bench.
      klopp should have sold Ings because I really do not see what the plan is for the dude.
      I like Firmino I really do, but he has missed countless opportunities , I would prefer him in midfield , he can compete with Lallana for a place. I would have loved us to bring in a winger who can play on the right and Mane can play as a centre forward,it's not as if he needs to be static playing there anyways.

This is not FIFA. It doesn't just work if you put your fastest player at centre forward.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1009: Jan 18, 2017 08:06:59 am

This is not FIFA. It doesn't just work if you put your fastest player at centre forward.

And if you lose, just reload the game, keep trying till you win!
      Liverpool will have a perfect record. Which is what all of us want. Cool.
      michaelsanmi09
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1010: Jan 18, 2017 05:14:40 pm
      And if you lose, just reload the game, keep trying till you win!
      Liverpool will have a perfect record. Which is what all of us want. Cool.
      We need a winger even klopp admitted it, how many chances do u want firmino to waste, dude is guaranteed a place whether he misses sitters or not.
      Mane has 9 goals all inside the 18 yard box, So what is wrong with getting a winger just as fast as Mane now or in the summer?
      Just to add didn't Mane tear Skrtel and sakho apart from inside the box last season
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1011: Jan 20, 2017 11:45:56 am

Quick Reply