Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370191 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Jun 24, 2015 07:04:27 am
      Liverpool complete Firmino signing

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, subject to a medical which will take place immediately following the player's participation in Copa America 2015 for Brazil.

The 23-year-old has agreed a long-term contract with the club.

Firmino will arrive at Anfield following four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim.

The forward made 151 appearances in league and cup for the German club, netting 47 goals, after joining them from Figueirense in December 2010.

To date, Firmino has nine caps and four goals for Brazil - including what proved to be the winner in his country's 2-1 victory over Venezuela in the Copa America on Sunday. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187533-liverpool-complete-firmino-signing

In profile: The rise of Roberto Firmino

Liverpool FC have today completed a deal to sign Brazil international Roberto Firmino, subject to a medical after the Copa America. Find out more about our exciting new forward with this profile of his career so far.

The Reds have seen off serious competition from rivals in the Barclays Premier League and across Europe to make it Anfield where the goalscoring instincts and creative flair of Firmino can continue to blossom.

Nominally a No.10, the 23-year-old is equally comfortable starting from a wider position, deeper into central midfield or in a more orthodox striking role - using his speed, close control and vision wherever he is deployed.

Born in Maceio, Brazil, Roberto's first steps in the game saw an opportunity to fine-tune his young talent with local side Clube de Regatas Brasil, before a subsequent professional opening at Tonbense FC.

His story really began to take shape following a switch to Figueirense in 2009, however, as the attacker was offered game time in Serie B, the second tier of Brazilian football. And he grasped it.

Firmino served serious notice of his prolific potential by firing eight goals in 36 league appearances throughout 2010, helping the Santa Catarina-based club secure promotion and earning himself huge individual credit in the process.

The path from South America to the elite European divisions is a well-trodden one and it was a journey which Roberto made at the end of that year when Hoffenheim of the Bundesliga decided he was an attractive acquisition.

Three goals in the second half of the 2010-11 season did nothing to dissuade them of that notion and as the Brazilian matured out of his teens, the German outfit's roll of the dice seemed all the wiser.

Firmino was a model of consistency for his new employers in the four campaigns that followed, showing both his clinical nature from close range and distance, plus his unselfish character in laying on others to score.

Though in unfortunate circumstances, the forward also provided evidence of his mentality and determination after suffering serious ankle ligament damage in April 2012. He marked his rapid return four months later with a goal at Borussia Monchengladbach.

The Brazilian's most prolific campaign in blue and white occurred the following year, plundering at a rate of better than one-in-two with 16 strikes in 33 Bundesliga matches and six in four in cup football.

A new contract was duly delivered and, to his natural delight, a maiden call-up for the national team arrived too. Roberto debuted for Brazil as a substitute against Turkey in November 2014 and then opened his international account six days later by scoring past Austria.

Last season saw Firmino reach double figures in front of goal in all competitions for Hoffenheim again, making him an obvious selection for Dunga's squad at the Copa America this month.

Anyone who hadn't heard of the forward before the tournament in Chile certainly has now. He started the past two fixtures for the Selecao, scoring what proved to be the winner against Venezuela as Brazil reached the quarter-finals.

Liverpool had been watching all along and acted fastest to put together a deal for Firmino, who will be exhibiting his mesmerising skills at Anfield from August. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187534-in-profile-the-rise-of-roberto-firmino

10 key facts about Roberto Firmino

Liverpool have completed the signing of Brazil forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, subject to a medical - here are 10 interesting facts about the Reds' new player.

Firmino hails from the city of Maceio, birthplace of three-time World Cup winner Mario Zagallo, who claimed the honour twice as a player and once as a manager.

Although he made his name at Figueirense, the attacker began his footballing journey with Clube de Regatas Brasil in his hometown and also enjoyed a stint at Tonbense FC prior to moving to Europe.

In his one full season at Figueirense, the teenage Firmino helped his team to promotion from Serie B to the top flight of Brazilian football.

The 23-year-old's first goal in Europe was a match-winner, as he netted for Hoffenheim in a 1-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt in April 2011.

His fourth Bundesliga campaign saw him net an incredible 16 goals in 33 appearances, a haul that saw him recognised as Germany's 'Breakthrough of the Season' in 2013-14.

The midfielder also put on 12 goals for his colleagues that term, a figure that took him to second place in the assists chart.

Firmino made his first appearance for the Brazil national team against Turkey on November 12, 2014 and netted his first international goal just six days later against Austria.

Liverpool's latest signing also boasts a clean injury record, having featured in 33 of Hoffenheim's 34 league fixtures each season for the last three years.

The attacker is already off the mark in England, having netted for his country in a friendly meeting with Chile at the Emirates Stadium in March 2015.

Combining his own strike tally with his assists, Firmino has been involved in 45 goals in his last 66 outings in the German top flight.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187535-10-key-facts-about-roberto-firmino

Welcome home, yes what a great deal it is. Well done to everyone. This will shut many mouths.

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 01:56:01 pm by RedPuppy »
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jun 24, 2015 07:11:53 am
      So excited about this signing!!!
      His style of play does remind me a lot of Suarez. Here's hoping he will replicate Luis success at Anfield (minus the biting bits  :D)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvdKS-jL2tM
      That touch and finish at 0:32   :D

Welcome to Anfield Roberto lad!!
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Jun 24, 2015 07:21:05 am
      Excellent business being done this window in my opinion. I just hope the squad blend well together, as too many signings has the potential to be problematic.

We desperately need to ship a few off now, unless the plan is to use the unwanted players in Europe... Hopefully not.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #3: Jun 24, 2015 07:22:07 am
      Welcome to the best club in the world.

Hopefully we will not sell Sterling.

Firmino Coutinho Sterling interchanging behind an able striker is mouth watering prospect.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #4: Jun 24, 2015 07:23:12 am
      Sky reporting that it's a £21m deal that could rise to £28m. If that's the case it seems better than a all in one payment.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Jun 24, 2015 07:26:58 am
      Now this is the kind of news I want to wake up too!  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Welcome!!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #6: Jun 24, 2015 07:28:22 am
      I also believe that this will help Coutinho stay here longer and keep him happy.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #7: Jun 24, 2015 07:31:23 am
      Wow really wasnt expecting to see this this morning welcome to the club roberto!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #8: Jun 24, 2015 07:33:44 am
      What is his position?

I have seen him up front and also on the wings.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Jun 24, 2015 07:35:39 am
      I now really want us to sign Berahino. Not because I rate him, I think he's particularly average. It would just be fun to have a front line of Coutinho, Firmino and Berahino...
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #10: Jun 24, 2015 07:37:07 am
      I now really want us to sign Berahino. Not because I rate him, I think he's particularly average. It would just be fun to have a front line of Coutinho, Firmino and Berahino...

No thanks, we have Ibe who is better :)
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #11: Jun 24, 2015 07:38:24 am
      What is his position?

I have seen him up front and also on the wings.

I think his best position is as a second or support striker, much like Alexis Sanchez was at Udinese. However he can lead the line, play wide or even drop deeper as well. Very handy signing...

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #12: Jun 24, 2015 07:39:26 am
      Fair play to Ian Ayre, getting a decent player for a decent fee without taking weeks... for once.

So happy with this.

Any ideas if he is the 2nd choice striker or should we still expect another attacker?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #13: Jun 24, 2015 07:40:15 am
      welcome to the club roberto! seems like we're going all out in the mosquito fleet non-striker strikeforce next season.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #14: Jun 24, 2015 07:40:42 am
      Made my day!

Hats off to Ian Ayre...  8)
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Jun 24, 2015 07:42:43 am
      This... this right here... this is how you do business. In fast finish fast and steel a diamond!

Welcome Roberto!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #16: Jun 24, 2015 07:42:47 am
      Fair play to Ian Ayre, getting a decent player for a decent fee without taking weeks... for once.

So happy with this.

Any ideas if he is the 2nd choice striker or should we still expect another attacker?
      We won't know until Rodgers opens his mouth. Personally, I don't expect any more strikers. We will have Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Origi (plus Balotelli, Borini and Lambert at the moment.)
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #17: Jun 24, 2015 07:46:45 am
      Great news this, well done to all concerned with getting it done so quick.
      Welcome to the best team in the world.
      You'll love it
      YNWA.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18: Jun 24, 2015 07:46:53 am

we aren't going after him, his agent is aidy ward so i doubt the club would go anywhere near him
      i have now got the image of Ian ayre doing a celebratory che Guevara style bike ride through south America, t-shirts and posters with Ian ayre's face on will appear all over the world. The knighthood will surely follow. Arise sir Ian of ayre, i salute you !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Jun 24, 2015 07:48:57 am
      Brilliant news. superb, fantastico. live the dream.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #20: Jun 24, 2015 07:49:45 am
      Who would have thought Ayre wrapping this up so quickly......I'm shocked!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #21: Jun 24, 2015 07:52:57 am
      Apparently rejected Utd, Dortmund, and some other team I can't recall. All with the help of this guy...

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #22: Jun 24, 2015 07:55:58 am
      someone below  said he's overpriced!! are people for real they complain we need a big signing and when we pay top dollar to secure a rising star still people complain. cant please somepeople

welcome to liverpool our forward line is going to be sexy as on the pitch samba style

Quick Reply