Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370137 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jun 24, 2015 07:59:04 am
      so excited now for next season he can play left or right of a front 3 and can also play central as false 9 or in a no10 role if coutinho gets injured,suspended etc.

now move onto a RWB (clyne) and Bacca as another striker due to uncertainty of DS fitness and we are done, dont think we are even interested in that Inter player at all.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Jun 24, 2015 07:59:07 am
      someone below  said he's overpriced!! are people for real they complain we need a big signing and when we pay top dollar to secure a rising star still people complain. cant please somepeople

welcome to liverpool our forward line is going to be sexy as on the pitch samba style

Aye and talksport saying it's a gamble!  grrrr. why is it a gamble when we spend money, if it was maureen at chavski it would a great signing, c#@ts. every fukin transfer is gamble ya muppetts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Jun 24, 2015 08:01:25 am
      Aye and talksport saying it's a gamble!  grrrr. why is it a gamble when we spend money, if it was maureen at chavski it would a great signing, c#@ts. every fukin transfer is gamble ya muppetts.

£26M for Cuadrado who has not been seen since was a gamble.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #26: Jun 24, 2015 08:01:56 am
      really Aye is a weapon has no clue, this lad knows where the goal is and more importantly assists his team in scoring goal. He's 23 fast,skillful and just because hes' brazilian he's going to increase in value season after season. i really think he can be as big as Neymar and with coutiho next to him we will have some silky football
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jun 24, 2015 08:03:50 am
      Pick a number so I can buy your jersey already.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Jun 24, 2015 08:04:33 am
      really Aye is a weapon has no clue, this lad knows where the goal is and more importantly assists his team in scoring goal. He's 23 fast,skillful and just because hes' brazilian he's going to increase in value season after season. i really think he can be as big as Neymar and with coutiho next to him we will have some silky football

Oh yes, gonna be good. We just need somebody they can pass to when studger is injured now. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #29: Jun 24, 2015 08:17:40 am
      Fair play to Ian Ayre, getting a decent player for a decent fee without taking weeks... for once.

So happy with this.

Any ideas if he is the 2nd choice striker or should we still expect another attacker?

Does seem a great prospect.
      Might just be the impending sale of Sterling hurried the deal up, not forgetting his mate Phillippe who no doubt spoke not too well about Jumble Face Van Gaal at the other yard.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Jun 24, 2015 08:22:07 am
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #31: Jun 24, 2015 08:22:15 am
      Great signing - no doubt Couthino helped with this one..! I would not wager against Lukas also having a hand in this move...

I agree that his skill and work rate makes him look like Suarez, but I hope the level of pressure on him and expectation is not dropped instantly. The Premiership is a very strange league - however coming from Germany this may help...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #32: Jun 24, 2015 08:28:54 am
      Apparently rejected Utd, Dortmund, and some other team I can't recall. All with the help of this guy...

Just for rejecting United he must be good, welcome to  Anfield  Roberto, now  go and help us to win the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #33: Jun 24, 2015 08:35:24 am
      He is reminiscent of Suarez with an awareness that is almost radar like, he doesn't seem to visually fix on the target and the ball appears to know it's destiny, Suarez No 2 hopefully.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: Jun 24, 2015 08:45:00 am
      Goal number five in this:

https://youtu.be/sE-pdHpU8sk

Personally I think applying the pressure of giving him the tag of a new Suarez should be left to the tabloids, no doubt they'll tag him that in the hope it'll give them headlines if it doesn't work out that way.

Welcome to Anfield son, watching Coutinho feeding you through balls is going to be sublime.

#happyasapiginshit
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #35: Jun 24, 2015 08:45:47 am
      Fantastic news, great to see we are going at it hard. I think we can kiss goodbye to Sterling now, no way would we have £23-29m without selling him. ;)

Genuinely, maybe I am being a little cautious still, but is it a little premature having  player thread yet?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #36: Jun 24, 2015 08:53:19 am
      Goal number five in this:

https://youtu.be/sE-pdHpU8sk

Personally I think applying the pressure of giving him the tag of a new Suarez should be left to the tabloids, no doubt they'll tag him that in the hope it'll give them headlines if it doesn't work out that way.

Welcome to Anfield son, watching Coutinho feeding you through balls is going to be sublime.

#happyasapiginshit

Ian they can call him what they like mate, I know he is a gem of a footballer aka Luis Suarez.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #37: Jun 24, 2015 08:55:45 am
      Genuinely, maybe I am being a little cautious still, but is it a little premature having  player thread yet?

I thought the same myself but it's just the present mind set of being overly cautious where ayre is concerned, that moment when the contract is about to be signed and he slips and stabs the player in the eye and then his tourettes kicks in and he calls the lad a F***ing bi*ch.

:D

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #38: Jun 24, 2015 08:56:40 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #39: Jun 24, 2015 08:57:24 am
      Fantastic news, great to see we are going at it hard. I think we can kiss goodbye to Sterling now, no way would we have £23-29m without selling him. ;)

Signed and sealed mate, can't see any reason he should not be in the player thread.
      The anticipated Sterling fee no doubt spurred that dozy b***ard FSG stalwart Ayres into making a move.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Jun 24, 2015 08:58:04 am

Its on the LFC web site. so don't think its premature at all. :-)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #41: Jun 24, 2015 09:00:44 am
      Ian they can call him what they like mate, I know he is a gem of a footballer aka Luis Suarez.

I've only seen his show reel so can't really comment Stu, I like the comments of the more world football knowledgeable but how many times have we seen it in the past? Momo Sissokho was going to be the new Viera, the past is littered with 'the new' players who just turned out to be their own men.

Personally, given he's a young lad I hope he comes and slowly progresses into a worldy without a mention of Luis.

That ain't gonna happen though is it?

;)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #42: Jun 24, 2015 09:06:37 am
      I feel very optimistic about this signing!

Welcome to the club! xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #43: Jun 24, 2015 09:09:40 am
      A really good bit of business, well done Ian Ayre, he gets enough stick, so nice to give him a bit of praise.
      Welcome to the greatest Club in the World Roberto!
      Raheem who!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #44: Jun 24, 2015 09:16:02 am
      Good luck at Liverpool - looks a decent player this lad.  47 goals in 150 odd games not to be sniffed at - especially at Hoffenheim.

Hope he settles quickly at the club and can hit the ground running.

Fair play to Hoffenheim as well who must have some decent scouting going on to have got him for £2M or whatever from the Brazilian second division!

Vital now we get some more quality in to take some of the huge weight that is already on this fella's shoulders!

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #45: Jun 24, 2015 09:17:12 am
      Pick a number so I can buy your jersey already.

Guess it'll be 11. Wears the same with Brazil and Assaidi has vacated it.

Quick Reply