Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 376628 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Apr 17, 2017 10:40:53 am
      Still believe he's our best player.

Me too .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1220: May 02, 2017 01:51:33 am

Someone has clearly put a lot of work into this and it's nice that they have. Illustrates well why I keep banging on about how many assists Firmino 'should' have compared to how many he has this season. Also shows just how good Sanchez is and why if he were leaving, despite him being such a soft arse at the weekend we should break the bank for him.

Another player I rate very highly indeed in 3rd De Bruyne, couldn't believe Chelsea let him go.

Credit to:

Paul Riley‏ @footballfactman  2h2 hours ago
       Expected Assist Table (not inc tonight's game)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1221: May 02, 2017 02:31:43 am

Someone has clearly put a lot of work into this and it's nice that they have. Illustrates well why I keep banging on about how many assists Firmino 'should' have compared to how many he has this season. Also shows just how good Sanchez is and why if he were leaving, despite him being such a soft arse at the weekend we should break the bank for him.

Another player I rate very highly indeed in 3rd De Bruyne, couldn't believe Chelsea let him go.

Credit to:

Paul Riley‏ @footballfactman  2h2 hours ago
       Expected Assist Table (not inc tonight's game)

Does any other team have three in the to 25 like us? Oh yep, looks like City does.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1222: May 02, 2017 02:37:09 am
      Does any other team have three in the to 25 like us? Oh yep, looks like City does.

United do too but the drop off from the top 4 is massive and then there's another huge leap to 5th. Interesting one that got my attention a little is Redmond, not watched him this season at all really but heard some good things, the odd pundit here and there throwing about how well he's played.

Don't be surprised if we're going after another Southampton player :lmao:

In all seriousness though I'll be watching him a little more intently from now on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #1223: May 07, 2017 09:54:54 pm
      Anonymous. This guy is so frustrating!! One min I think we've got one of the best players in Europe the next I think he's bang average.

F**k sake
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1224: May 07, 2017 10:58:50 pm
      Yep deffo went missing last night.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1225: May 08, 2017 12:37:51 am
      CONGRATULATIONS  BOBBY

MOTD   GOAL OF THE MONTH   

v STOKE

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1226: May 08, 2017 01:50:45 am
      Anonymous. This guy is so frustrating!! One min I think we've got one of the best players in Europe the next I think he's bang average.

F**k sake

Needs to play central. No where else.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1227: May 08, 2017 02:09:37 am

F**k sake

We do have one of the best players in Europe, when utilised right. We were anaemic all over the final third last night, so when Bobby is out wide in that kind of scenario, it's never gonna go well.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1228: May 08, 2017 02:32:45 am
      Another invisible display from "the potential to be the best player in the league" Roberto Firmino.

Hanging out Origi is one thing because he's another player most grossly overrate; but to ignore the Brazilian's input or even make lame excuses for this more experienced Brazilian international, who has a few years on Origi is, how show we say - very Corbynesque.  ;D

I see all the talk of "fluidity" in our attacking play and wonderful "interchanging" has suddenly dropped off the cliff, and we're now a sterile, rigid attack under Klopp. And again, the perfect excuse for Bobby's ordinary display. Sturridge against Burnley earlier on this season was heavily criticised for not playing the wide role well the only time he was deployed there. He said, 'he was given no specific instructions' by Klopp, and people got into him claiming it's all about "f-l-u-i-d-i-t-y" and that he should have done much better there in the 20 minutes he was given. Firmino, has been given ample opportunity to prove what it takes to play wider, more than a poxy 20 minutes, yet the consistency is, embarrassing from those who expected Sturridge to dig us out the brown stuff in 20 minutes of football compared to the opportunities Bobby's presented with.

Sorry, this doesn't wash, at all. He plays in a very narrow front three and is practically central enough to influence the game enough. If he cannot influence a game merely because he's deployed 10 yards wider than where people think he can play best, then we can safely say he isn't the "potential to be the best player in the league" or "at the club" many thought he was. 

Make no mistake, Origi is ordinary but to use his presence in the side to deflect criticism away from an ineffectively, invisible Bobby is desperately clutching at straws.

Again, another non-productive afternoon from the Brazilian, who granted wasn't the only one but let's not kid ourselves as to the reasons why with such lame excuses.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2017 02:42:38 am by Beerbelly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1229: May 08, 2017 07:42:39 am
      🎣
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1230: May 08, 2017 09:38:02 am
      At best you would say he is a very inconsistent player like quite a few other LFC players.

From flashes of brilliance to some of the most stupid 5 yard passes imaginable.

There again he has been played to death so can cut him some slack.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #1231: May 08, 2017 10:20:42 am
      Another invisible display from "the potential to be the best player in the league" Roberto Firmino.

Hanging out Origi is one thing because he's another player most grossly overrate; but to ignore the Brazilian's input or even make lame excuses for this more experienced Brazilian international, who has a few years on Origi is, how show we say - very Corbynesque.  ;D

I see all the talk of "fluidity" in our attacking play and wonderful "interchanging" has suddenly dropped off the cliff, and we're now a sterile, rigid attack under Klopp. And again, the perfect excuse for Bobby's ordinary display. Sturridge against Burnley earlier on this season was heavily criticised for not playing the wide role well the only time he was deployed there. He said, 'he was given no specific instructions' by Klopp, and people got into him claiming it's all about "f-l-u-i-d-i-t-y" and that he should have done much better there in the 20 minutes he was given. Firmino, has been given ample opportunity to prove what it takes to play wider, more than a poxy 20 minutes, yet the consistency is, embarrassing from those who expected Sturridge to dig us out the brown stuff in 20 minutes of football compared to the opportunities Bobby's presented with.

Agree there mate. Firmino has flashes of brilliance, but he's all too often a passenger in the game and has little impact at all.

It's rather interesting to consider the defence of this player too. The current argument is that he needs to play centrally, and playing Origi has spoilt his game. However, it doesn't take more than a moment to reflect on all the games when Firmino was played centrally as our sole striker, and the limited impact he had - that and the several goal scoring opportunities he wasted.

I've read a stronger argument in this thread that Firmino has no key role and I'd largely agree with that. He doesn't seem to make any position his own. All too often, his impact is minimal, and yet he plays every game, all game - as much as Klopp can get out of him.

There is also the absolute hypocrisy when Sturridge gets slammed for performances whilst Firmino gets scott free.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1232: May 11, 2017 03:38:17 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1233: May 17, 2017 07:35:09 pm
      Give Bobby a new contract and double his money to at least the same as five other first team players.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1234: May 18, 2017 01:58:43 pm
      Bobby has the potential to be our best player in my opinion or at least one of the most influential players in our starting 11. When fit he can split open a defense with either a decisive pass or a great piece of skill. On top of this he has an massive engine and loves to run for the sake of the team, which can only inspire other players.

But, for me has to play centrally, whether it is in his false 9 role or up top with a strike partner, because he is best when coming short and on the turn centrally, making runs through the middle not out wide. Before we signed Mane, he was my favorite player i would look forward to seeing, as he could provide a moment of magic and because of his work ethic i just want him to play well.

Also, I feel him being one of the most used players since Klopp's arrival baring in mind how much he actually does press has taken a toll on him this season, he has gone missing and hasn't looked his sharp self for a little while, stray passes, dodgy touches I feel he needs a rest.

I expect him to be integral to our progression next season and hopefully he will have a partner up top, or someone he can play just in behind.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1235: May 22, 2017 11:57:07 am

I think it's safe to say that Firmino doesn't skip leg day, fuckkkkk!! :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1236: May 22, 2017 02:39:21 pm
      Bobby is only going to get better. I predict a more consistent goal and assist tally next year. He will be a key player for us.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,709 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1237: May 22, 2017 06:10:23 pm
      Roberto is very unselfish player and links with certain players quite brilliantly, ex. his best friend Coutinho, Sturridge, Wijnaldum.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1238: May 23, 2017 09:37:15 am
      Too unselfish at times.

But F***ing quality. While people are quick to praise some lesser players for "doing the work you don't notice", Bobby is extremely underappreciated IMO.

Just needs to be played central and we'll see even more improvement next season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1239: May 23, 2017 09:50:27 am
      Bit disappointed in him this season in all honesty.

Thought he would kick on and become one of the best players in the league but it's not quite happened

Hopefully next season is the one for him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,709 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1240: Jun 05, 2017 05:34:03 pm

Enjoy ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1241: Jun 05, 2017 05:35:32 pm

:D

Must admit they're a great pair... of sunglasses.

If he needs an assist..., lucky b***ard.

Quick Reply