Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370177 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1380: Sep 15, 2017 10:25:15 am
      I like that desire in players too. That said, in the case of Suarez he was more inclined to show it on the pitch in terms of effort, goals, doing whatever it takes to win than he was bursting into tears after the match.

Bobby's "desire" isn't quite so obvious when he's playing (very few players have that to be honest). His desire does feel harder to big up though, particularly when he has the tendency to go into Griffin mode as often as he does.

Suarez certainly turned on the waterworks after the 3-3 against Palace, he was inconsolable.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1381: Sep 15, 2017 10:38:21 am
      So was I mate, slightly different situation tho.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1382: Sep 15, 2017 10:45:10 am
      Suarez certainly turned on the waterworks after the 3-3 against Palace, he was inconsolable.

So was I, I had nightmares about that match for a long time!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1383: Sep 15, 2017 10:50:58 am
      So was I, I had nightmares about that match for a long time!

I think we will all did.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1384: Sep 15, 2017 03:29:46 pm
      So was I mate, slightly different situation tho.

Yep - looking back now it's really clear.

That was the night I decided to take up the serial killing.

Umpteen rolls of gaffa tape and hundreds of cable ties and here we are again with the defence.........
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1385: Sep 15, 2017 06:24:19 pm
      Bobby is an ideal striker for Klopps system.

Serious question mate - has his "system" really changed and if so, when? Cause...

... He sure as sh*t used out and out dedicated strikers (to great F***ing effect 😉) at BvB. There... he signed and played Lewendowski;  he signed and played Aubameyang; he tried to sign Benteke and he signed that goat Imobile.

Anyone suggesting Jürgen doesn't like [or can't use] a dedicated striker smacks of someone intent in firing their arrow, only to paint the target around it after.

At BvB his preference was a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1; dedicated striker no false nine.

"System"? Hmm... 🤔
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1386: Sep 15, 2017 06:30:49 pm
      Serious question mate - has his "system" really changed and if so, when? Cause...

Since he has been at LFC he has moved away from the 4231 to what we mostly play now 433.

He has in effect gone even more attacking than at Dortmund where he used to play with defensive minded midfielders like Bender and Kehl.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1387: Sep 15, 2017 09:34:55 pm
      Since he has been at LFC he has moved away from the 4231 to what we mostly play now 433.

He has in effect gone even more attacking than at Dortmund where he used to play with defensive minded midfielders like Bender and Kehl.

Yep, , Bender/Kehl and Sahin/Gundogan were the 2x #6's , weren't they? And as you said, he played a 4231 99% of the time at Dortmund.

I really do think the players he has here is the reason why he has changed. We seem to be a better higher pressing unit than the old Dortmund because of the likes of Hendo, Firmino, Lallana, Wijnaldum and Can.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2017 09:39:54 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1388: Sep 16, 2017 03:01:36 am

Exactly. Bobbys attributes make guys like Salah, Mane, and even some of the attacking mids and FBs better. Because of his lack of speed he has to play the game a lot differently than most strikers. He typically plays the game in front of him rather than a pacey type striker like Studg. I think his ability to see the field, time his runs, and make the extra pass evelvate him abouve Daniel. Daniel doesn't make the other attackers better. Bobby does. Bobby would never work in a 4231.

A perfect example of all of Bobbys skills were on display during the Hoffenheim game at Anfield. He was all World that day. U get my point though. He showed the out let passes, the crosses, and the ability to link with other players and time his run to tap in a easy goal. Klopp makes Bobby better with his system and personal and Bobby rewards him by being a great conduit to run Klopps style through
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1389: Sep 16, 2017 06:00:54 pm
      Absolute F**k up from Klopp today moving him out wide and putting studge in his place.

Totally removed everything that is good about him from the team. The pressing, the passing, the movement.

Poor decision. Should have put ox on the left or even Salah on the left and ox on the right and just kept Bobby through the middle.

Fair enough if he was dropped for a rest but nobody was rested and having him on the wing was sh*te.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1390: Sep 16, 2017 06:30:06 pm
      Dr Jack Griffin.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1391: Sep 16, 2017 06:54:37 pm
      He has never once played well from a wide position. He should never be put there again, if you're going to play Studge up front, put Bobby on the bench.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1392: Sep 16, 2017 08:03:19 pm

Had to google that Mick, had no clue what that was about. +1 for making me 'do something'.. :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1393: Sep 16, 2017 10:05:54 pm

I'm more a Daniel Westin man meself.....#70's kid 👍
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1394: Sep 16, 2017 10:36:56 pm
      I'm more a Daniel Westin man meself.....#70's kid 👍

David McCallum mate, compulsive viewing in our house that was. Starsky and Hutch, Kojak all that stuff. Kung Fu too, loved that, and the incredible Hulk. "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" ;D.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1395: Sep 17, 2017 01:41:51 am
      Absolutely F***ing useless out wide.

Him as a false nine is another debate but surely everyone can see there's no place for him out wide in this team.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1396: Sep 17, 2017 05:58:25 am
      No idea what's others opinion but for me his only effective role is a CF. Never see he play good in other positions. People say he's great as an CAM, at his previous club maybe, but I never see how he can do well for us.

Remember at beginning of the time Klopp put Coutinho on the left wide forward I'm frustrate and said I want Firmino to play there and keep Coutinho at central no.10, now I realised Klopp is right and I'm jsut a ... ;D   

Maybe that's why BR struggle to play him, even sometime put him at fullback and Klopp mainly play him as a CF.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1397: Sep 17, 2017 10:41:07 am
      Bobbys attributes make guys like Salah, Mane, and even some of the attacking mids and FBs better. Because of his lack of speed
      "Lack of speed"? 😯

Im pretty sure there was a statistic posted here which was used to "prove" how fast Bobby was. Now that post may just have been another attempt to baffle with bullshit but it did show that he was anything but slow.

Anyhows... thanks to the lads who took time out to answer my question  and explain that Jürgen has indeed moved away from the 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 which was so successful at Dortmund. 😎👍

The point still stands: Jürgen was a) very successful with a dedicated striker and b) to suggest he's averse to that "system" is utter bollocks.

That said: if this "false nine" thingy eventually works and we finally start winning actual trophies, who gives a F**k: am I right? 😊

« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2017 10:52:25 am by bad boy bubby »
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #1398: Sep 17, 2017 11:12:19 am
      It's not lack of speed with Bobby it's purely lack of acceleration.. He can't steal a yard from defenders like Salah and Mane can. If you watch Mane he slows the play down gets defenders to a stand still, then just knocks it round them and he can't be caught. I think Bobby has the skill to beat defenders, but not the acceleration to get away from them.

I think he should only be used as a ST and a CAM.. we have Ox and Couts to play wide forward if Mane and Salah are out for whatever reason.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1399: Sep 23, 2017 07:41:56 pm
      Thought he was disappointing today. Play broke down around him too often. Works hard as usual but need him to do a lot more WITH the ball.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1400: Sep 23, 2017 09:45:42 pm
      Thought he was disappointing today. Play broke down around him too often. Works hard as usual but need him to do a lot more WITH the ball.

Yeah definitely not his best day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1401: Sep 23, 2017 11:45:43 pm
      Maybe he only likes scoring when Mane is on the pitch.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1402: Sep 26, 2017 09:51:49 pm

Utter trash tonight has to be said more time practicing finishing less time polishing them teeth, time for a change up top next game hopefully. He should of got the hook today but he's immune to being subbed for some reason don't give me the work rate argument a striker needs to be a threat inside the box he ain't doing it enough.

Quick Reply