Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370127 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1794: May 23, 2018 09:33:20 am
      Uh-oh, DanMann in the Firmino thread.. some guys will be freaking out  :f_tongueincheek:

Klopp specifically requests a better song for Firmino. Be nice if the fans could surprise him.on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/10156897797577573/
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1795: May 24, 2018 08:17:08 pm
      Uh-oh, DanMann in the Firmino thread.. some guys will be freaking out  :f_tongueincheek:

Klopp specifically requests a better song for Firmino. Be nice if the fans could surprise him.on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/10156897797577573/

“Oi gerroff moy laaand, bloody trespassers!” ;)

Well funnily enough Dan I watched that interview too and was trying to think what might work and this is what cane in my head.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZBaJAngH8

Chorus of.....”Bobby Firmino....oh oh oh ohhhhhhh” but it needs some clever b***ard to pen a verse or two......

It just might work 🤘
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1796: May 25, 2018 11:25:33 am
      He will score the match winner tomorrow.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #1797: May 25, 2018 12:55:47 pm
      Great piece in the Guardian today by Andy Hunter.
      How can you not love this lad. My favourite player in the squad.
      Ramos and the pre-Madonnas, won't be able to handle his unorthodox style - I'm confident he'll bring number #6 home.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/25/liverpool-roberto-firmino-champions-league-final

Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino: shy, strong-willed – and a complete striker

Brazilian’s influence and end product will be crucial to JĂŒrgen Klopp’s attempt to win this year’s Champions League final

What distinguished Roberto Firmino in the eyes of Hemerson Maria were not two overhead kicks the 17-year-old scored against his Figueirense team, although they convinced the coach to sanction the teenager’s transfer from Clube de Regatas Brasil (CRB) on first sight. It was a conversation they shared several months later when he found Firmino alone, almost 2,000 miles from home and refusing to go back to Maceió.

“We had played a state league game, under-17s, and afterwards there was a recess, I think one week or more without any activities,” he recalls. “All my players travelled to be with their family, except Firmino. I remember that he was alone in Florianopolis. His parents had stayed living in Maceió. The last time Firmino had seen them was seven months earlier but he decided to stay in Florianopolis. He said to me: ‘I want to stay here. I need to practice more, I don’t want to lose time. I will stop only after I make something good with my life.’ I was surprised. He is shy but he has a strong personality and mentality. He knows what he wants in his career and his life.”

Firmino’s father, JosĂ© Roberto Cordeiro, was a hawker on the streets of MaceiĂł when his son started with CRB. When JosĂ© went to a game at CRB, the club he supported, it was not to watch Firmino but to sell beer, water and soft drinks outside. He could not afford a ticket. A decade later there is a ticket with JosĂ© Roberto Cordeiro’s name on. It is for Saturday’s Champions League final at NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kiev. VIP section. His son, central to Liverpool’s hopes of defeating Real Madrid, has made something good with his life.

Behind the flamboyant dress sense, the bling, the maverick goal celebrations and the no-look finishes there appears a radically different side to the centre-forward. Shy. Quiet. Introverted. The words crop up whenever those who have been part of the 26-year-old’s career are asked to describe him. Or at least from those who will describe him. Firmino asked his immediate family and closest friends to politely decline interviews in the buildup to a final that demands singular focus. Nothing can get in the way of his dream. It has always been that way.

Nene Zini, an agent for Firmino, explains: “When he moved to Hoffenheim [aged 19] I asked him twice about how it was going, if he liked the city, the country, the new life. He was living alone, no family were with him there. I was concerned but he said he hadn’t any problems. But I didn’t feel confident so I said: ‘My job is to help you. Whatever you need, tell me. I will do everything for you.’ And Firmino replied: ‘No worries. I am fine. If I wasn’t happy I would have left the club and the country.’ I didn’t understand him then but I understand now. He is shy, a man of few words, but he has a strong personality.”

The Brazil international, selected for the World Cup following an outstanding season, is “a footballer from his head to his toes” in the words of JĂŒrgen Klopp. There is no greater champion of Firmino than the Liverpool manager. “I order a song for Bobby!” Klopp told LFCTV this week. To him, songs for Mohamed Salah and Sadio ManĂ© but only a chant for the conductor of Liverpool’s devastating attacks makes little sense.

It suits Firmino, however, to have Salah taking the spotlight. He revels in his selfless role even though, as the PFA Premier League team of the season testified, with Firmino absent, his influence can be overlooked outside Anfield. “This constant discussion about whether he’s undervalued or whatever in public,” said Klopp. “This never happened for one second either in the club or in the team.” Thierry Henry, a sound and independent judge, described Firmino as “the most complete striker in the league”. It is an education to track his movement and work-rate through a game, albeit also a struggle to focus on one player given the range of threats in Klopp’s attack.

No Liverpool player covered more ground in the Premier League than Firmino. His total of 347.7km is remarkable for a forward and underlines his importance to Klopp’s system and the manager’s reluctance to withdraw him even with a comfortable lead. He covered, on average, 11.3km per game.

No Liverpool player made more sprints in the Premier League. With 2,353, Firmino comfortably eclipsed Salah in second place by 366 and averaged 76.3 sprints every 90 minutes. No Liverpool forward made more interceptions than Firmino, his 18 double the amount made by Mané in second. Salah made five.

Firmino’s 15 goals and seven assists in the league played a major part in Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League. In Europe, however, Firmino’s influence and end product have been arguably greater. With 10 goals – 11 when the one against Hoffenheim in the qualifier is included – he and Salah have scored more in a single European campaign than any other player in Liverpool’s European history. Firmino has also provided seven assists, giving him direct involvement in 42.5% of the record 40 goals Liverpool have scored from the group stage onwards. “This is my best year as a professional footballer,” he reflected last week.

It started very differently. Hemerson Maria, coach of Vila Nova in Brazil, explains: “When we started to work together at Figueirense I called Roberto ‘Alberto’ for two weeks. All the time I shouted ‘Alberto, Alberto, Alberto’ and he never corrected me. I said Alberto and he listened and obeyed the instructions. After two weeks my colleague asked me: ‘Why are you calling Roberto as Alberto? His name is Roberto, Roberto Firmino’. I didn’t know! I asked Roberto why he never said the correct name to me. But he is very shy and said: ‘It’s fine teacher, no worries.’”

He may be more forceful when reminding Madrid of his name in Kiev.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1798: May 25, 2018 01:08:43 pm
      “Oi gerroff moy laaand, bloody trespassers!” ;)

Well funnily enough Dan I watched that interview too and was trying to think what might work and this is what cane in my head.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZBaJAngH8

Chorus of.....”Bobby Firmino....oh oh oh ohhhhhhh” but it needs some clever b***ard to pen a verse or two......

It just might work 🤘

Seriously - nobody buying this ?!

🙄
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1799: Jun 07, 2018 10:55:15 am
      Nice one Firmino! Gone up in my appreciation!

On Ramos..

"I prefer not to make any comments," he said in a news conference at Brazil's pre-World Cup training camp in London.

"I think he has a view because he was the champion but I thought he was an idiot for what he said, but that's okay."
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1800: Jun 08, 2018 08:07:24 am

On Ramos..

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1801: Jun 08, 2018 08:17:54 am

On Ramos..

👀👀👀👀👀👀

Dan. You’ve changed 😜
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1802: Jul 02, 2018 04:45:39 pm
      Bobby just scored v Mexico !

Came on for Coutinho.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1803: Jul 02, 2018 04:54:43 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/12/juan-carlos-osorio-mexico-world-cup

Bobby came back to bite you today ....

Mexico Manager rented room from a Bitter's family in Crown Road opposite Melwood.

Osorio was a midfielder for Internacional in Brazil and Once Caldas in
      Manizales before injury ended his playing career at the age of 26. He
      went to the US, where he played briefly for the University of New
      Haven and then completed a BA in Exercise Science at Southern
      Connecticut State University.

He moved to New York and set up a gym,
      but Osorio wanted to get back into football, so he sold his business
      and used the proceeds to move to Liverpool to study for a diploma in
      Science and Football at John Moores University. The lectures weren’t
      enough, though, so Osorio would try to observe the training sessions
      of the two local Premier League sides.
      Walter Smith’s Everton were welcoming;

Gerard Houllier and Roy Evans’ Liverpool were not, so Osorio rented a room in a house on Crown Road owned by an Everton-supporting family called McManus that overlooked Liverpool’s Melwood training ground.
      If the weather was good, he would stand on a step-ladder in the garden; if it was raining he would peer out of the bedroom window.

Osorio would also regularly go to watch Blackburn and Bolton.
      “Because I came from a Latin country where everything was short passes and tiki-taka, then coming to England learning the complete opposite way of playing was very, very productive for me,” he said in an interview
      with Sky. “And in itself, it has strengthened me a great deal.”

Come back soon pal.
                                             ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2018 04:59:37 pm by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1804: Jul 03, 2018 08:30:13 am
      I have to say I felt a bit bad for Bobby after he scored the winner yesterday, instead of his teammates congratulating him they all surrounded that tw*t Neymar. That really is Brazil's achilles heel, that everything revolves around one player. They have such marvellous players in that team so I'm baffled why all the focus is always on Neymar, its really weird.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1805: Jul 03, 2018 11:46:47 am
      I have to say I felt a bit bad for Bobby after he scored the winner yesterday, instead of his teammates congratulating him they all surrounded that tw*t Neymar. That really is Brazil's achilles heel, that everything revolves around one player. They have such marvellous players in that team so I'm baffled why all the focus is always on Neymar, its really weird.

That comment was also made in the media .
      Neymar never goes to congratulate a player ... allegedly.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1806: Jul 03, 2018 01:20:47 pm
      Neymar never goes to congratulate a player ... allegedly.

Alleged by someone who isn't watching the World Cup, I imagine?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1807: Jul 03, 2018 02:05:04 pm
      Alleged by someone who isn't watching the World Cup, I imagine?

But in all seriousness why is the entire Brasil team focussed around Neymar, he is hardly the only great player you guys have, it is sort of weird and I think a big flaw. Another mistake is constantly playing Gabriel Jesus instead of Bobby.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1808: Jul 03, 2018 03:59:50 pm
      But in all seriousness why is the entire Brasil team focussed around Neymar, he is hardly the only great player you guys have, it is sort of weird and I think a big flaw. Another mistake is constantly playing Gabriel Jesus instead of Bobby.

Is the entire Brazil team focused around Neymar, or is the media obsessed with talking about him?
      He's the country's biggest star and the others naturally look up to him. He's a leader, and you know, leaders don't always look like Roy of the Rovers, but he's charismatic and other players adore him. He'll very likely be in a few years Brazil's biggest international goalscorer.

So naturally he'll get a lot of attention but to say the entire team is focused around him seems a bit weird. It's not because pundits can't stop talking about him that this is the case. You know where this is true, though? Argentina. Messi was even calling the subs at one point.

Now people are "allegedly" saying that "Neymar never goes to congratulate a player". Now, how stupid is that? How is this even taken seriously? Neymar runs straight to Coutinho as he scores against Switzerland and Costa Rica. He's the first to reach Paulinho after he scored vs Serbia. He celebrates the goal with Thiago Silva. And so on... but hey, people can believe whatever they want.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1809: Jul 03, 2018 04:23:30 pm

I’m not sure it will be their Achilles heel but it was definitely F***ing weird the way they all went to Neymar. It was hardly assist of the tournament.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1810: Jul 03, 2018 06:26:13 pm
      Is the entire Brazil team focused around Neymar, or is the media obsessed with talking about him?
      He's the country's biggest star and the others naturally look up to him. He's a leader, and you know, leaders don't always look like Roy of the Rovers, but he's charismatic and other players adore him. He'll very likely be in a few years Brazil's biggest international goalscorer.

So naturally he'll get a lot of attention but to say the entire team is focused around him seems a bit weird. It's not because pundits can't stop talking about him that this is the case. You know where this is true, though? Argentina. Messi was even calling the subs at one point.

Now people are "allegedly" saying that "Neymar never goes to congratulate a player". Now, how stupid is that? How is this even taken seriously? Neymar runs straight to Coutinho as he scores against Switzerland and Costa Rica. He's the first to reach Paulinho after he scored vs Serbia. He celebrates the goal with Thiago Silva. And so on... but hey, people can believe whatever they want.

Tell me Diego does it piss you off that Liverpool play with 19th century English morality, would you prefer Salah to roll around like a toddler having a tantrum at every touch like Brazils national hero Neymar does?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1811: Jul 04, 2018 09:15:09 pm
      I just wanna see someone drive a real Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Graham Souness type tackle, straight through Neymar so he has something to really roll around screaming about.
      Quality on the ball, total pussy.
      Can’t F***ing wait, can’t F***ing wait
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1812: Jul 07, 2018 09:18:47 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1813: Jul 07, 2018 10:16:21 pm
      Good to have Bobby coming back from the World Cup and like the other international players so far ... without injury.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1814: Jul 14, 2018 10:16:05 pm
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #1815: Jul 16, 2018 02:12:41 am
      Panic stations everyone! According to some Liverpool supporters, Firmino is on his way to PSG.

Why? Because one of the guys who cut and styled his hair was wearing a PSG shirt, and Firmino was happy to pose in a photo with him.

Seriously, the social media world has turned the minds of some people to putty. We now have amateur sleuths seeing symbolism in every day-to-day part of life like they're Tom Hanks in The Da Vinci Code.

Definitely not the finer aspects of the transfer window.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1816: Jul 16, 2018 04:59:45 am
      Panic stations everyone! According to some Liverpool supporters, Firmino is on his way to PSG.

Why? Because one of the guys who cut and styled his hair was wearing a PSG shirt, and Firmino was happy to pose in a photo with him.

Seriously, the social media world has turned the minds of some people to putty. We now have amateur sleuths seeing symbolism in every day-to-day part of life like they're Tom Hanks in The Da Vinci Code.

Definitely not the finer aspects of the transfer window.

Quick Reply