Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370173 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1909: Dec 02, 2018 11:58:32 pm
      Firmino is a top forward, his form isn't there right now. I don't think we need to bench him against Burnley though. I'd give him that game. Bournemouth will be a tougher test so probably drop him if he can't do the business against Burnley.

He is a top player but at the moment he needs some time out, either physically or mentally, we can play Solanke, Origi or Shaq in his place plus Sturridge as impact sub.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1910: Dec 03, 2018 12:36:20 am
      Stunk the place out, thought he was the worst player on the pitch...again.

Needs to sort his performances out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1911: Dec 03, 2018 02:21:48 am
      Not too worried about little blips. He’s still one of the first names on the sheet for me. He doesn’t have to score goals to have a huge impact, not sure why people are still over looking that fact.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1912: Dec 03, 2018 02:59:45 am
      Not too worried about little blips. He’s still one of the first names on the sheet for me. He doesn’t have to score goals to have a huge impact, not sure why people are still over looking that fact.

For me it was how sloppy he was in possession this game. Some really poor losses of the ball.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1913: Dec 03, 2018 08:48:32 am
      I’m not going to dig him out as he’s my fav player - his form is poor but he’ll turn it around. Love him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1914: Dec 03, 2018 09:29:05 am
      He is a top player but at the moment he needs some time out, either physically or mentally, we can play Solanke, Origi or Shaq in his place plus Sturridge as impact sub.
      We can give him Burnley though. We can beat them surely! He can rest against Bournemouth when it's a bit tougher. Burnley should be his last chance to prove himself before the Napoli game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1915: Dec 03, 2018 09:34:36 am
      We can give him Burnley though. We can beat them surely! He can rest against Bournemouth when it's a bit tougher. Burnley should be his last chance to prove himself before the Napoli game.

I'd give someone else a chance against both Burnley and Bournemouth, either Solanke or Origi, play them as the striker with Shaq, Mane and Salah behind them and see if they can rise to occasion, at the moment they can't really be any worse than Bobby and if they impress then also play them against Napoli. Bobby needs some more competition, as do all the forwards actually.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1916: Dec 03, 2018 09:47:24 am
      I'd give someone else a chance against both Burnley and Bournemouth, either Solanke or Origi, play them as the striker with Shaq, Mane and Salah behind them and see if they can rise to occasion, at the moment they can't really be any worse than Bobby and if they impress then also play them against Napoli. Bobby needs some more competition, as do all the forwards actually.
      I don't want to go back to 4-2-3-1.

Maybe this?

Shaqiri  Salah    Origi?

Keita
             Fab              Gini

Robbo Gomez VVD TAA

Alisson

I'd be inclined to give Fabinho the nod against Burnley purely because he's not at his best and we need our best in the next game, thought above would be first 11 right now. Didn't forget about Mane either, he's starting to turn into Benteke with all his ridiculous missing from close range. We have room to change forwards because it's not doing well right now, but formations and defense should not be messed with.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018 09:54:23 am by Ribapuru »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1917: Dec 03, 2018 10:39:38 am
      I don't want to go back to 4-2-3-1.

Maybe this?

Shaqiri  Salah    Origi?

Keita
             Fab              Gini

Robbo Gomez VVD TAA

Alisson

I'd be inclined to give Fabinho the nod against Burnley purely because he's not at his best and we need our best in the next game, thought above would be first 11 right now. Didn't forget about Mane either, he's starting to turn into Benteke with all his ridiculous missing from close range. We have room to change forwards because it's not doing well right now, but formations and defense should not be messed with.

I don't mind the 4-2-3-1 formation, the problem we've been having with it has been Bobby being wasteful in possession, if we had Shaq in the middle with Salah and Sadio to his sides and Origi or Solanke as the target man then I think it could work, worth a go anyway.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1918: Dec 03, 2018 11:42:04 am
      Said yesterday at HT that Bobby needs a extended break, when you think about how much football the lad has played over the last 18months or so, its just not the number of games he's played in,  its the intensity of those games,
      Then came the WC, and the lengthy months that took up, instead putting his feet up for a couple of months he continued to train, travel, play, train travel play etc etc,
      Is it any wonder then he's well off his usual exuberance?

Yes ok there are others who are in a similar situation but each player is different and will have different recovery levels,

As i touched on yesterday,  we are at the start of a sustained period of games where our success this season will be determined ,
      Where we will need all of our players at their optimum,  this the ideal opportunity to  rest our main protagonists whilst giving those on the periphery the games that will get them up to speed and match fitness,

Bobby needs a rest, he's pivotal for us and we wont be the same without him, if he were to break down completely, so id be inclined to take him out altogether just for a few weeks and recharge the batteries.

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1919: Dec 03, 2018 02:04:41 pm
      Playing so deep isn't doing him any favours.

Get him spending more time up front and he'll score, and create.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1920: Dec 03, 2018 02:35:36 pm
      For me it was how sloppy he was in possession this game. Some really poor losses of the ball.

Oh my word, he has some sloppy posession in one game and people want to put him on the bench. Arguably our best and most consistent player and really our best creator now that Coutinho is gone. Bobby creates so much space for Mane and Salah, not to mention he’s the spearhead of our forward press. Like I said, one of the first names on the sheet for me. Truly unselfish, team first attitude and a model footballer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1921: Dec 03, 2018 02:43:47 pm
      Better suited to the False 9 role than going full 10.
      Leading the press from the front is definitely his game.
      Being the link between midfield and attack doesn't seem to be the best use of him,
      although there aren't really many options until Keita is ready or Ox returns.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1922: Dec 03, 2018 02:45:31 pm
      I quite agree that he look tired and maybe need some rest. But if that isn't what the main reason his his poor form I rather want to see Klopp continue playing him. My reasons is from last game I saw signs of Mane and Salah of old are coming. Just a matter of time they reach their proper level again. And that of course can help Bobby too.

But I'm quietly believe Bobby's best position is only where he play last season. Not convince of play him as current role. 

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1923: Dec 03, 2018 02:46:54 pm
      Needs a break and pushed back into a false 9 role again...Looks a bit lost on the pitch..

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1924: Dec 03, 2018 02:58:39 pm
      Needs a break and pushed back into a false 9 role again...Looks a bit lost on the pitch..

Never hides though mate does he?

Bobby is the best of us.

He is also out of form and more pertinently in my opinion - confidence.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1925: Dec 03, 2018 03:07:36 pm
      Never hides though mate does he?

Bobby is the best of us.

He is also out of form and more pertinently in my opinion - confidence.

Fancy Bobby to be bang on form for Napoli...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1926: Dec 03, 2018 03:15:08 pm

That would be nice.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1927: Dec 03, 2018 03:31:28 pm

If he's rested the next 2 games yes.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #1928: Dec 03, 2018 03:43:52 pm
      The lad needs a rest,when he got put through in the second half you could see his legs were heavy. Rest him midweek
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1929: Dec 03, 2018 07:55:49 pm
      He looks very tired and has lost form too. We need to rest him next Wednesday to regain his form and fitness.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1930: Dec 03, 2018 09:17:05 pm
      Oh my word, he has some sloppy posession in one game and people want to put him on the bench. Arguably our best and most consistent player and really our best creator now that Coutinho is gone. Bobby creates so much space for Mane and Salah, not to mention he’s the spearhead of our forward press. Like I said, one of the first names on the sheet for me. Truly unselfish, team first attitude and a model footballer.

One game ? Been bang average for over 3/4 of the games played
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1931: Dec 03, 2018 09:19:46 pm
      One game ? Been bang average for over 3/4 of the games played

You aren't watching the games if you think that.

Quick Reply