Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370123 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1932: Dec 03, 2018 09:53:28 pm
      Yep was terrible yesterday but I am sure we will be seeing his next installment of his goal celebrations very soon.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1933: Dec 03, 2018 10:17:45 pm
      You aren't watching the games if you think that.

Err yes I am . When has he played anywhere near last season then ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1934: Dec 03, 2018 10:18:34 pm
      Err yes I am . When has he played anywhere near last season then ?

Opening day of the season is about as close as it gets 😉
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1935: Dec 03, 2018 10:21:04 pm
      Oh my word, he has some sloppy posession in one game and people want to put him on the bench. Arguably our best and most consistent player and really our best creator now that Coutinho is gone. Bobby creates so much space for Mane and Salah, not to mention he’s the spearhead of our forward press. Like I said, one of the first names on the sheet for me. Truly unselfish, team first attitude and a model footballer.

Where did I say that’s why he should be benched? I said he needs to up his performances.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #1936: Dec 05, 2018 08:54:14 am
      Oh my word, he has some sloppy posession in one game and people want to put him on the bench. Arguably our best and most consistent player and really our best creator now that Coutinho is gone. Bobby creates so much space for Mane and Salah, not to mention he’s the spearhead of our forward press. Like I said, one of the first names on the sheet for me. Truly unselfish, team first attitude and a model footballer.
      Allison Becker, Virgil Van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane have all been consistently better than Firmino this season.

Firmino finished last season with 26 goals and 16 assists, it would not be hard to imagine that an output of 20 goals and maybe 10 assists this season was the minimum that people were looking to at the start of the season; have this as a season where he consolidated most of the gains he had made last season. He was never that prolific as a striker in the league, but in the Champions League, he did everything. By this point last season, he had 5 goals and two assists in the Champions league alone, that is the total he has for this entire season despite having featured in 20 games (4 sub appearances, one of which was an entire half).

He is a pale version of the player we saw last season and there is nothing wrong with stating that. His passing, associative play, scoring are all down. The midfield situation does not help, but to cal him the best player in the team, or even the most consistent is a poor assessment. He still presses, but every team in the top 5 applies the pressing game, and they all press from the front so why is this a quality that we put so much emphasis on?
      It is not just the numbers that are down, even the optics on most game days shows that he is simply not playing with the same poise he had last season.

As with the issues that still exist with the midfield, a lot of this is easily overlooked so long as the results are coming in and the distance behind City remains manageable. If that changes and there is far more pressure from the teams behind then a lot more critique will come through.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1937: Dec 05, 2018 09:09:13 am
      He is a pale version of the player we saw last season and there is nothing wrong with stating that.

Agree with this.

I'm one of his own biggest fans on here, even went as far as saying he's our most important player, but he's been far from his best this season and so far doesn't really show any signs of getting out of the poor form.

I'm all for playing him into form but there will come a point where his place in the team is questionable if he doesn't get back to his best.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1938: Dec 05, 2018 10:55:53 am
      He needs rest take out couple games, he play lot football more then Any Liverpool player
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1939: Dec 05, 2018 11:38:57 am
      Playing in a deeper role behind Salah is not suiting him
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1940: Dec 05, 2018 11:52:39 am

It’s not working either way , get Salah back out wide get Bobby back where he’s at it and unleash the beast , Salah scored all his goals coming from wide , as did Bobby score his up top let’s get back to it ,
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1941: Dec 05, 2018 12:42:17 pm

Not suiting him or Salah.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1942: Dec 05, 2018 12:50:47 pm

I’m telling you....it’s so Fekir slots in seamlessly in Jan.

Bobby will slot back in up top and we’ll drop Alisson to give the rest a chance ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1943: Dec 05, 2018 12:52:40 pm

Not disputing that at all mate and any other season I would agree wholeheartedly.

But there's no getting away from the fact that this season Bobby is simply playing poorly all round.

I would expect or at least hopeful that Jürgen will drop Bobby for a couple ot games and give him the rest he needs to re-energise and find some form again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1944: Dec 05, 2018 12:54:01 pm
      Bob needs a kit Kat..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1945: Dec 05, 2018 12:56:18 pm
      I’m telling you....it’s so Fekir slots in seamlessly in Jan.

Bobby will slot back in up top and we’ll drop Alisson to give the rest a chance ;)

We're not signing Fekir mate but I do hope the rumours we're in for his team mate Aouar are true the kid is a superb talent.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1946: Dec 05, 2018 01:24:18 pm
      We're not signing Fekir mate but I do hope the rumours we're in for his team mate Aouar are true the kid is a superb talent.

Blasphemy Baz. There’s been wars for less ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1947: Dec 05, 2018 07:43:56 pm
      Allison Becker, Virgil Van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane have all been consistently better than Firmino this season.

Firmino finished last season with 26 goals and 16 assists, it would not be hard to imagine that an output of 20 goals and maybe 10 assists this season was the minimum that people were looking to at the start of the season; have this as a season where he consolidated most of the gains he had made last season. He was never that prolific as a striker in the league, but in the Champions League, he did everything. By this point last season, he had 5 goals and two assists in the Champions league alone, that is the total he has for this entire season despite having featured in 20 games (4 sub appearances, one of which was an entire half).

He is a pale version of the player we saw last season and there is nothing wrong with stating that. His passing, associative play, scoring are all down. The midfield situation does not help, but to cal him the best player in the team, or even the most consistent is a poor assessment. He still presses, but every team in the top 5 applies the pressing game, and they all press from the front so why is this a quality that we put so much emphasis on?
      It is not just the numbers that are down, even the optics on most game days shows that he is simply not playing with the same poise he had last season.

As with the issues that still exist with the midfield, a lot of this is easily overlooked so long as the results are coming in and the distance behind City remains manageable. If that changes and there is far more pressure from the teams behind then a lot more critique will come through.

I made the point last season that Firmino's numbers in the first half of the season were quite inflated due to a two-legged playoff and by far the easiest group in the Champions League. But when one of ours is doing well, no one really wants to listen to it ;D I don't think that's the only factor in his productivity drop, of course, but I believe it's played a part now we have a much harder life in the UCL.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1948: Dec 05, 2018 09:49:10 pm
      Bobby's new hair and stache makes him look like a 1980's Colombia boom boom dealer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1949: Dec 05, 2018 10:06:30 pm
      Bobby's new hair and stache makes him look like a 1980's Colombia boom boom dealer.

Works for me ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1950: Dec 07, 2018 01:05:58 am
      1 touch 1 goal. I can live with that.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1951: Dec 07, 2018 02:11:56 am
      1 touch 1 goal. I can live with that.  ;D

Thought he was piss poor with that goal, expect so much better from him. I mean, why the hell did he not look away when putting the ball away?! It’s been far too long since a no look finish. Come on Bobby lad.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1952: Dec 07, 2018 02:26:48 am
      Thought he was piss poor with that goal, expect so much better from him. I mean, why the hell did he not look away when putting the ball away?! It’s been far too long since a no look finish. Come on Bobby lad.

Was thinking the same. maybe he still has a sore eye.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1953: Dec 07, 2018 01:17:51 pm

And that chin hair thing.

He looks a bit sinister   :laugh:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1954: Dec 07, 2018 01:39:55 pm
      Still as important a player as he was when we first signed him. His lack of form can be attributed to many things but for me the lack of creativity from the midfield is the main issue i am seeing. Bobby is dropping deeper looking for balls that are just not coming. That midfield needs a severe shake up, hopefully Keita and Fabinho step up to the plate and with the Ox coming back things will improve.

Quick Reply