Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370286 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2116: May 04, 2019 03:29:45 pm
      You seem to be having trouble processing information.
      I said Klopp has all the information (which he does)
      None of these thick as sh*t pundits have that information.
      They have monitors, same as I do, y'know TV screens where you watch? That's what they have, so f**k off with this lame sh*t about how they have "all the information".
      They don't.
      And experience is only any good if you have the intelligence to use it to properly analyse what's in front of you.
      Again, most pundits don't.

Try thinking for yourself instead of relying on what some thick as sh*t, jobs for the boys bullshit artist tells you

They have more information and experience than you. They get to go watch live games, probably a wider tv angle than us, more detailed stats and stuff to bounce off ex professionals. They certainly know more than you.

Yes, we should take away attacking threat from the side in favour of doing what the thick as sh*t pundits say.
      Got it.

And what makes you think we will be less of a threat?

You were talking about it, and more to the point, you won't stop banging on about "I said it all along" when we don't (and never have) played a "traditional 6" or "DM" under Klopp.
      Again, you lack the intelligence to understand the subtle differences between roles.
      This is what happens when you rely on thick as sh*t pundits to d your thinking for you.

You said Hendo plays a DM role under Klopp when people questioned his lack of attacking support!!!!! And show me where I talk of our DM's playing as the traditional DM/6? Seriously, please show me.

Again, you have herd the term "technical ability" thrown out by some thick as sh*t pundit and now keep using it like you know what it means.
      You clearly don't

Just bloody google it and read up on what technical ability means ffs. Imagine thinking Drinkwater being similar in terms of technical ability to Wijnaldum...

No hypocrisy here.
      Just because you lack the intelligence to understand that a pundit does not have the same information that Klopp has, does not indicate hypocrisy.
      It indicates the fact that you equate thick as sh*t pundits with top managers who have masses of information that pundits don't.
      It's hard to believe that some could be thicker than Phil Neville, but damn if you aren't giving it a go.

It's not about the same information as Klopp, it's about having more information than you, therefore, with your logic, they are the superior over you and you don't have the right to criticise them.

Nope, you stated "a traditional 9" (and now trying to change it to a "natural 9", whatever that means) and in the context of getting it from a thick as sh*t pundit from Engerlund, that means a big bloke up top.
      They bang on about it constantly, and it's as ridiculous when you say it as it is when they say it.
      VVD started off as a striker, was he  "natural 9" or a "traditional 9" or just "not a 9".
      Stop throwing out bullshit jargon that you think sounds clever (it isn't)

Quote me then, show me where I talk of wanting a target man? I said, proper 9 which I deem it as a natural 9, but not once did I talk of wanting a target player. Like I said, quote me, please.

So, here you are saying that no other forward in world football can be taught/coached to play the role Firmino plays.
      This crap of yours just gets more stupid with every post.
      I don't think there's a player who can come straight in and do the same job to the same standard immediately (as I said before) but there are players who can be taught.
      Get a f**king grip, "a natural 9" is just more bullshit pundit speak, but then that's your shtick isn't it.

Omg , where did I say there are no forwards that can be taught or coached to play in the Firmino role? I can give you a name right now , a player similar but lesser of a player that would fit in with how Firmino players. Yussuf Poulsen from Leipzig!

What a strange little man you are.
      You want a "traditional 9" or now you've changed it, "a natural 9" and want to change a brilliant system because some random thick as sh*t pundit says we should and you thought it was clever to repeat it.
      It it's not broke, don't fix it.
      84 league goals, with 2 to play.
      91 points, with 2 to play.
      16 goals, 7 assists for Firmino but you want to put Giroud in there.

Jesus Christ, Swab!!!!!!  I am talking about an alternative 9, someone like a Lewandoski or a Torres type. Whether someone with potential or established. A player who can offer something different to our attack like what Alcacer offers to Dortmund, like what Giroud offers to Chelsea etc.

Omg Swab, have a second read, seriously! I was giving examples!
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2019 03:36:02 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2117: May 04, 2019 03:49:09 pm
      They have more information and experience than you. They get to go watch live games, probably a wider tv angle than us, more detailed stats and stuff to bounce off ex professionals. They certainly know more than you.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Behave yourself, that's F***ing pathetic.
      You really are an angry little fella aren't you?
      So easily triggered and so desperate to to "prove" that because you get your opinions from pundits, they simply must talk sense.
      Honestly, this is hilarious, but I'm not wasting any more time on this nonsense.

Tell you what fella, you keep parroting the pundits, and I'll keep laughing at you for doing it.

"They get to go to watch live games"  :lmao: like that's something special  :lmao:
      I've watched literally thousands of "live games" from conference sides right up to European and International games and everything in between.
      So using your logic, I also have what you think is "expert knowledge"
       :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2118: May 04, 2019 03:50:12 pm
      Wijnaldum up front?

I've heard people describe him as a "false 9" against Barca, but I don't think that was the case.
      If I was forced to apply a label, I'd say "defensive 10", and I think he played the role pretty well.
      I'd say his defensive work was the reason we kept Barca pressed back/in for long periods.

I'm looking forwards to seeing how Brewster comes through.
      He looks the part, but that final step is the hardest.

Maybe laziness on my part but if he would rather resort to playing Wijnaldum as a false 9 or some sort of inverted triangle with the wide boys then Indont think that's great.

I can see he would only do that against a strong side like Barca (Sturridge against Hudersfield) but I believe if he had a viable forward option he trusted he would still rather have played them.

It's not something he would consider doing if Firmino was fit and I'd rather we improved plan A than went to that as plan B.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2119: May 04, 2019 04:16:37 pm
      Maybe laziness on my part but if he would rather resort to playing Wijnaldum as a false 9 or some sort of inverted triangle with the wide boys then Indont think that's great.

I can see he would only do that against a strong side like Barca (Sturridge against Hudersfield) but I believe if he had a viable forward option he trusted he would still rather have played them.

It's not something he would consider doing if Firmino was fit and I'd rather we improved plan A than went to that as plan B.

I think we can all agree we need more depth up front.
      A player who could do the same as Firmino, once he's been Klopp'd would be ideal, and I hope we see someone come in who can give us that  extra depth.
      I think it's an area where we are short, and I'm probably not alone in that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2120: May 04, 2019 06:48:29 pm
      I think we can all agree we need more depth up front.
      A player who could do the same as Firmino, once he's been Klopp'd would be ideal, and I hope we see someone come in who can give us that  extra depth.
      I think it's an area where we are short, and I'm probably not alone in that.

Certainly, the question is is that man Brewster? or do we need someone else in as well?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2121: May 04, 2019 07:20:29 pm
      Certainly, the question is is that man Brewster? or do we need someone else in as well?

I think we need someone else in, maybe even 2 if Origi goes, but as ever, only time will tell.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2122: May 05, 2019 10:41:02 pm
      For fucks sake, worst possible time to get injured.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2123: Jun 09, 2019 08:44:54 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2124: Jun 10, 2019 10:50:50 pm

:D :D :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2125: Jun 15, 2019 03:34:56 pm
      One of the classiest forwards in world football. What a signing by Rodgers and Co.

Firmino is already a Liverpool legend

Do you think it’s one of the reasons Klopp agreed to come to Liverpool?

https://twitter.com/jdnalton/status/1139815653630595072?s=21
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2126: Jun 19, 2019 10:08:19 pm
      I F***ing love his silky skills and work rate

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1141235664521793536?s=21
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2127: Jun 24, 2019 10:40:22 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2128: Jul 03, 2019 08:16:30 am
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2129: Jul 03, 2019 05:06:09 pm
      linking up with with countinho in the copa america too. ;D
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #2130: Aug 04, 2019 07:00:58 pm
      Wasn’t he great today our Bobby? I think he’s going to dominate this season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2131: Aug 04, 2019 07:22:45 pm
      Looked absolutely superb - love him
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2132: Aug 04, 2019 09:24:52 pm
      My 4 year old just for his kit today for his birthday. We love our Bobby. So underrated
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2133: Aug 05, 2019 12:14:04 am
      If he would have scored that early chance can't believe that would not have been the best goal of the season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2134: Aug 05, 2019 10:28:19 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2135: Aug 15, 2019 06:22:47 am
      Genius.

Best in the world.

Our most important player.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2136: Aug 15, 2019 07:21:56 am
      His hunger is massive. He works hard for the team and has improved.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2137: Aug 15, 2019 09:46:19 am
      One of the most important pieces of hardware in Klopps machine..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2138: Aug 16, 2019 12:40:25 am
      What a difference he made when he came on!

Quick Reply