Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370152 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2254: Sep 14, 2020 01:29:03 pm
      I understand Bobby plays an integral role in how Klopp likes us to attack by sitting deeper to create openings for Mane and Salah but he seems a yard off the pace the last few months and increasingly less of a goal threat. He seems to have lost all confidence in front of goal or else he's become overly nonchalant.

It would be no harm to give Minamino and Brewster some playing time I think some competition will do Bobby good and also give oppositions something else to think about.

Thanks for echoing exactly what I said, feel free to upvote my post if you agree with it so much ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2255: Sep 14, 2020 01:31:07 pm
      Don't think we should be ready to test that against the Chavs and The Gunners. Let's just hope Bobby finds his form and quick. I miss his celebrations!

Yeah, probably start Bobby against the Chavs but if he's still sh*t, I wouldn't hesitate to replace him, Klopp is a bit to slow at doing that sometimes, but I feel we need to try a few new things in attack this season and perhaps Rhian or Taki alongside Mo and Sadio with Keita and/or Bobby behind them might be just the trick.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2256: Sep 14, 2020 07:07:02 pm
      Yeah, probably start Bobby against the Chavs but if he's still sh*t, I wouldn't hesitate to replace him, Klopp is a bit to slow at doing that sometimes, but I feel we need to try a few new things in attack this season and perhaps Rhian or Taki alongside Mo and Sadio with Keita and/or Bobby behind them might be just the trick.

4-2-3-1. I think I am going to keep on beating that drum for a while (apologies in advance everybody). Bobby and Minamino looked really good in that formation together.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2257: Sep 14, 2020 11:13:26 pm
      To be fair he can do what he wants because hes not getting replaced by Mini Origi or Brewster any time soon. He probably knows it too.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2258: Sep 15, 2020 05:04:09 am
      4-2-3-1. I think I am going to keep on beating that drum for a while (apologies in advance everybody). Bobby and Minamino looked really good in that formation together.

I'm thinking that setup is meant for teams that park the bus against us, which as you know are more than a few. I don't think we would see it vs. Chelsea.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2259: Sep 15, 2020 09:47:57 am
      To be fair he can do what he wants because hes not getting replaced by Mini Origi or Brewster any time soon. He probably knows it too.

and there is the biggest problem in our team, that the front three know they are the first names on the team sheet every week, irrespective of how they play.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2260: Sep 16, 2020 11:07:30 am
      Thing is with Bobby, he can be piss poor for 90 mins, then turn on a bit of magic and win the game for you, be it with a bit of genius, and a sublime assist or a goal out of nowhere !
      Jürgen clearly knows this and is always reluctant to tug him too early !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2261: Sep 16, 2020 01:48:09 pm
      Thing is with Bobby, he can be piss poor for 90 mins, then turn on a bit of magic and win the game for you, be it with a bit of genius, and a sublime assist or a goal out of nowhere !
      Jürgen clearly knows this and is always reluctant to tug him too early !

can he, do you have some examples?  I'd say that was true of Mo and Sadio but not really Bobby, if he starts a game sh*t he normally ends the game sh*t and vice versa.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2262: Sep 16, 2020 02:32:38 pm
      can he, do you have some examples?  I'd say that was true of Mo and Sadio but not really Bobby, if he starts a game sh*t he normally ends the game sh*t and vice versa.

He's produced brilliance for us on countless occasions, off the top of my head there's Southampton & Wolves away last season, his last minute goal against PSG in the Champions League, his 40 yard volley away at Stoke a few years ago which was vital to getting us back into the Champions League...

Honestly if you don't think he's capable of producing magic which can win us games then I haven't got a f**king clue which Roberto Firmino you've been watching for the last 5 years
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2263: Sep 16, 2020 02:51:01 pm
      He's produced brilliance for us on countless occasions, off the top of my head there's Southampton & Wolves away last season, his last minute goal against PSG in the Champions League, his 40 yard volley away at Stoke a few years ago which was vital to getting us back into the Champions League...

Honestly if you don't think he's capable of producing magic which can win us games then I haven't got a f**king clue which Roberto Firmino you've been watching for the last 5 years

I think heimdall's point is Bobby only tends to produce the goods in front of goal when his confidences is up and this is usually evident from kick off. Like when he single handedly tore arsenal apart a couple of seasons ago you could see as soon as the game started he was on fire.

But when Bobby starts a game slow he never seems to really get in to a rhythm or looks a goal threat.

This is in contrast to Mo and Mane who can starts games slowly but have the pace and power to suddenly explode in to action at any point in the game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2264: Sep 16, 2020 02:55:35 pm

No you are conflating two things again, perhaps deliberately.

I am NOT denying that Bobby is a brilliant player, there is a tonne of evidence of that, what I am saying is that normally when Bobby has a sh*t game he doesn't have a moment of brilliance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2265: Sep 16, 2020 02:56:08 pm
      I think heimdall's point is Bobby only tends to produce the goods in front of goal when his confidences is up and this is usually evident from kick off. Like when he single handedly tore arsenal apart a couple of seasons ago you could see as soon as the game started he was on fire.

But when Bobby starts a game slow he never seems to really get in to a rhythm or looks a goal threat.

This is in contrast to Mo and Mane who can starts games slowly but have the pace and power to suddenly explode in to action at any point in the game.

Bingo.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2266: Sep 16, 2020 03:00:07 pm

And in all of those examples I gave he didn't put in a top performance but produced the goods when it mattered (Which was why I didn't include the Arsenal game from the other year - PSG is maybe an exception because I think he came off the bench for that one with about half an hour left)
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020 03:07:43 pm by TameImpala »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2267: Sep 16, 2020 03:03:28 pm
      No you are conflating two things again, perhaps deliberately.

I am NOT denying that Bobby is a brilliant player, there is a tonne of evidence of that, what I am saying is that normally when Bobby has a sh*t game he doesn't have a moment of brilliance.

In the examples I've given, he didn't have a great game up until his goals. So I don't know what you're on about there
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2268: Sep 16, 2020 04:24:57 pm
      In the examples I've given, he didn't have a great game up until his goals. So I don't know what you're on about there

OK, a few isolated examples but as a general rule Bobby is either good or bad, lately its been a lot more bad than good.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2269: Sep 16, 2020 04:36:35 pm
      OK, a few isolated examples but as a general rule Bobby is either good or bad, lately its been a lot more bad than good.

Examples which you asked for  :lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2270: Sep 16, 2020 05:15:52 pm

Have you a link to these examples
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2271: Sep 16, 2020 05:34:11 pm

Acknowledged thanks, but my point still stands that Bobby tends to be hot or cold, although there are a few exceptions to that rule where he played sh*t but had one moment of brilliance in the match.

BTW I don't really recall those examples you listed but I will take your word on it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2272: Sep 16, 2020 05:34:51 pm
      Have you a link to these examples

;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2273: Sep 16, 2020 06:00:36 pm
      I see the resident wum has shifted from "Salah needs to be dropped" to "Firmino needs to be dropped".

No doubt he'll be on Brewsters back again soon, or Salah if he goes a couple of games without scoring.

What a clown.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2274: Sep 16, 2020 06:17:24 pm
      Nothing will ever stop me loving Firmino
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2275: Sep 16, 2020 06:30:58 pm
      I see the resident wum has shifted from "Salah needs to be dropped" to "Firmino needs to be dropped".

No doubt he'll be on Brewsters back again soon, or Salah if he goes a couple of games without scoring.

What a clown.

It was Van Dijk the other day.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2276: Oct 04, 2020 09:55:46 pm
      I’ve seen a few posts on here and around on Facebook joking that if we got Mbappe or Timo Werner or even before that Aubamayang, our front 3 would still be Sadio, Bobby and Mo.

I beg to differ, drop Bobby deeper or on his current form to the bench and we would be unstoppable with a Proper striker up front.

Quick Reply