Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370122 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2277: Oct 04, 2020 10:05:54 pm
      Iā€™ve seen a few posts on here and around on Facebook joking that if we got Mbappe or Timo Werner or even before that Aubamayang, our front 3 would still be Sadio, Bobby and Mo.

I beg to differ, drop Bobby deeper or on his current form to the bench and we would be unstoppable with a Proper striker up front.

Agree completely, Bobby is not so good that he's undropppable.

But I think Klopp is afraid to make this call as Bobby was good for such a long time that Klopp is now too loyal to him.

I would like to see Bobby dropped as maybe he's run out of steam and just needs a rest for a few games to rejuvenate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2278: Oct 04, 2020 10:37:35 pm
      Donā€™t think Bobby is the type of player that needs ā€œdroppedā€ to motivate him. Think he just needs to find his form and he will be fine. Klopp obviously thinks heā€™s undroppable for a reason, I wonder why that could be?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2279: Oct 05, 2020 08:28:54 am
      When his work off the ball is not compensating for his lack of goals then you got to question why he deserves to start ahead of others.
      Bobby has been poor for so long but the other 2 either side of him are still firing so maybe itā€™s those two who make him look good rather than the opposite.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2280: Oct 05, 2020 09:54:20 am
      When his work off the ball is not compensating for his lack of goals then you got to question why he deserves to start ahead of others.
      Bobby has been poor for so long but the other 2 either side of him are still firing so maybe itā€™s those two who make him look good rather than the opposite.

Always been this way. He is riding on the back of being part of our incredible "front 3". His lack of anything has always been justified by the invisible brilliance he shows in ways that we cannot comprehend. He contributes little - but does amazing stuff that no one can pinpoint.

Yesterday, it wasn't only that he wasted chances and did nothing in attack, but he gave away pointless fouls and gave away the ball. He should have been subbed much earlier, or should have walked off the pitch. We would have been better with 10 men.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2281: Oct 05, 2020 10:31:12 am

Been poor this season.  No doubt.  Seems to have lost a bit of that spark.

Don't buy into this over the top criticism of him though and suggestions he has 'invisible brilliance'.  Basically if he plays well we win games and when he doesn't it's noticeable.  That suggests to me he is a crucial player for us not a passenger.  Of the front three the one you can't get away with having a bad game is Bobby. 

If someone is in better form then they should be playing. No problem with that.  I'm sure Klopp hasn't got a problem with that.  I've got faith he's picking the best player based on what he sees in training or in games.

If the likes of Minamino and Curtis Jones are potential options for there then they've hardly banged down the door to the first team in the past two games.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2282: Oct 06, 2020 12:18:01 am
      It's been a stretch of games now (I can't remember when it started exactly) that he has been bad. I mean there is the odd game here and there but overall just bad.

I know yesterday's game everybody looked sh*t apart from maybe Robbo and Mo, but somehow, for me, Bobby managed to look as bad as Adrian. He was no where near pressing without the ball and when he had the ball he was so easy to dispossess it was frustrating to watch.

The only occasion he got he managed to waste in a frustrating way just like he did when we played Arsenal in the Comm Shield and he wasted like 3 goals trying to score with the outside of his foot or finish in an improbable way despite a simple finish being all that is required.

I don't know what is up with Bobby but I hope he picks up the pace soon enough.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2283: Oct 10, 2020 08:53:39 am
      Couple of goals today for Brazil
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2284: Oct 10, 2020 09:08:28 am

Does he lead the line for them?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2285: Oct 10, 2020 09:37:19 am

If he didn't score against Bolivia I'd be concerned if he'd ever score again.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2286: Oct 10, 2020 09:58:37 am

Not sure if that is a rhetorical  question 🤔
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2287: Oct 10, 2020 10:41:43 am
      Not sure if that is a rhetorical  question 🤔

Heh. I didn't see the game so I don't know where they line him up or even what formation they used
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2288: Oct 10, 2020 11:10:29 am
      Heh. I didn't see the game so I don't know where they line him up or even what formation they used

Ha ha sorry pal wasn't sure if was being facetious my bad. Not sure looked liked it made a lung busting run for his second after starting move in own half
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2289: Oct 10, 2020 01:24:59 pm
      Ha ha sorry pal wasn't sure if was being facetious my bad. Not sure looked liked it made a lung busting run for his second after starting move in own half

Yeah, just seen the highlights. He helps start the move 30 yards in front of his goal and then goes all out to the other end. His finish clangs off the keeper but, you know. First goal is a nice far post run and close finish.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2290: Oct 17, 2020 08:06:27 pm
      Needs to be pulled out for  game or two
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2291: Oct 17, 2020 08:43:33 pm
      Needs to be pulled out for  game or two
      Yeah he needs a few games coming off the bench, think itā€™s time Minamino started to get some starts.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2292: Oct 18, 2020 07:54:28 am
      Bobby genuinely looks like he might not score for us again. Each game he's finding himself less frequently in goal scoring positions. And his link up play has dropped off big time he passes the ball to the opposition multiple times each game. He still has a nice trick or two up his sleeve each game but that's not enough to cut it anymore. We are conceding goals left and right so we need to start scoring more and Bobby does not offer any goal threat.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2293: Oct 18, 2020 10:04:37 am
      Bobby genuinely looks like he might not score for us again. Each game he's finding himself less frequently in goal scoring positions. And his link up play has dropped off big time he passes the ball to the opposition multiple times each game. He still has a nice trick or two up his sleeve each game but that's not enough to cut it anymore. We are conceding goals left and right so we need to start scoring more and Bobby does not offer any goal threat.

I am convinced this Season will be the last one you see the front 3 together on a regular basis
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2294: Oct 18, 2020 10:06:53 am
      What's happened to him? He's a shadow of his former self.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2295: Oct 18, 2020 10:27:19 am
      I am convinced this Season will be the last one you see the front 3 together on a regular basis

It has to be. All front lines need to be refreshed every 4 or 5 years or they stagnate and oppositions learn how to cope with them.

Only Mane appears to gave the same desire and motivation as he did last season. Mo is scoring and playing pretty well but not to the the level he can and Bobby is just plain poor for months now.

Maybe we will see Jota start games regularly in the next few weeks once he has adapted to Klopps style. He looks a much better player to me than Bobby right now.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2296: Oct 18, 2020 10:36:29 am
      It has to be. All front lines need to be refreshed every 4 or 5 years or they stagnate and oppositions learn how to cope with them.

Only Mane appears to gave the same desire and motivation as he did last season. Mo is scoring and playing pretty well but not to the the level he can and Bobby is just plain poor for months now.

Maybe we will see Jota start games regularly in the next few weeks once he has adapted to Klopps style. He looks a much better player to me than Bobby right now.

Jota one option as already in place I also think Sancho could come into the mix but would have to be a big sale to fund
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2297: Oct 18, 2020 12:00:18 pm

If it wasn't for Covid, I think it would have been refreshed this summer just gone.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2298: Oct 18, 2020 12:03:20 pm
      If it wasn't for Covid, I think it would have been refreshed this summer just gone.

Possibly I suppose it already has with Jota though
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2299: Oct 18, 2020 04:08:08 pm
      Didnā€™t he start of when he was younger has a CAM? Or play there at some point? Heā€™s still an insane player, with passing and flicks... he just doesnā€™t have the pace or positioning in front of goal to score... maybe itā€™s time for a position change? With Jota taking up that forward position?

We could play him as an attacking midfield role in some games maybe, like a 4-2-3-1, with him at CAM or even just part of a midfield 3, heā€™s got the stamina and pressing to do a job there I think.

Quick Reply