Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375816 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2392: Nov 08, 2020 06:34:19 pm

I'll give him 5. Jota about that too tbf.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2393: Nov 09, 2020 10:15:11 am
      I'll give him 5. Jota about that too tbf.

I'd give him a 4 and Jota a 6.

The majority of Bobby's performances are a 4 or 5 this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2394: Nov 09, 2020 04:32:08 pm

The majority of Bobby's performances are a 4 or 5 this season.

What do you put his poor form down to Baz ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2395: Nov 09, 2020 04:49:19 pm
      What do you put his poor form down to Baz ?

I think he's lost a yard of pace, not that he was ever the quickest, but some players legs start to go around the 30 mark. This has impacted on both his pressing and getting in to the box like he would in the past.

Not having fans in the stadium may have affected him psychologically as I believe he thrived on the fans chanting his name and driving him on. His big dip in form seemed to coincide with the restart in May.

So it may be a combination of a player slowing down a bit and also out of form as the empty stadiums don't suit him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2396: Nov 09, 2020 05:13:11 pm
      I think he's lost a yard of pace, not that he was ever the quickest, but some players legs start to go around the 30 mark. This has impacted on both his pressing and getting in to the box like he would in the past.

Not having fans in the stadium may have affected him psychologically as I believe he thrived on the fans chanting his name and driving him on. His big dip in form seemed to coincide with the restart in May.

So it may be a combination of a player slowing down a bit and also out of form as the empty stadiums don't suit him.

Losing a yard of pace for the postion he plays certainly not idea if that's the case Baz. However, I totally get you that some players need that fan base cheering from the terrace to get the best out of them.,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2397: Nov 09, 2020 05:52:53 pm
      A far better performance in the first half than anything we've seen from Bobby this season. Performance dropped off a bit in the 2nd half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2398: Nov 09, 2020 06:28:06 pm

A far better performance in the first half than anything we've seen from Bobby this season. Performance dropped off a bit in the 2nd half.

Yeah loved how he expertly chipped Ederson in the first minute! 😉
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2399: Nov 09, 2020 06:29:34 pm

Perhaps a little better I didn't really see too much of an improvement but he still looks nowhere near like scoring anytime soon.

Hopefully he gets out of this rut it would be great to see the old Bobby dazzler again.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,324 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2400: Nov 09, 2020 07:10:17 pm

I did notice yesterday, Bobby did a good amount of pressing, but its ineffectual if the front 3 don't all press together. Its been a change to our game recently, we don't seem to press as hard and as high as we did before. Bob was just running from one player to the other, wearing himself out, when the others weren't pressing as hard. He's still running his nuts of every game but not getting the results as he's often pressing on his own.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #2401: Nov 09, 2020 07:17:54 pm
      Couldn't fault his off the ball work yesterday. Played a massive role in shutting down Rodri and as a result City didn't really get going at all in the first half. One of the reasons City got better as the game wore on was because Shaqiri couldn't do that job as effectively as Bobby.

On the ball worried me again though. The flicks and neat passes don't seem to be coming off for him at the moment and considering he's not the most clinical anyway he's in danger of becoming a bit of a passenger in our attack at the moment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2402: Nov 09, 2020 09:55:44 pm
      Let’s get one thing straight, anyone attacking Bobby and saying he’s sh*t, finished etc are cu*ts... but you CAN adore a player and admit there is a better option at that moment in time, no player is bigger than the club and when it comes to games, it’s about 3 points, and the best way to get the three points, nothing else... no sentimental stuff, 3 points...

Bobby is probably my favourite player.....

Agreed. Every word.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2403: Nov 09, 2020 10:15:31 pm
      Love him, my fav player
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #2404: Nov 15, 2020 10:53:09 am
      Winning goal for Brazil
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2405: Nov 15, 2020 02:23:43 pm

weird how he scores more for Brazil than us, some kind of mental block perhaps or he just doesn't like his role with us?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2406: Nov 15, 2020 02:33:31 pm
      weird how he scores more for Brazil than us, some kind of mental block perhaps or he just doesn't like his role with us?

What’s even weirder is his scoring record in regards games per goal is identical for both Brazil and his club  :mad:

I thought rival fans just blurting out and recycle bullshit narratives
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #2407: Nov 15, 2020 03:13:18 pm
      Have not watched him play for Brazil so not sure if he plays in the same position as he does for us
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2408: Nov 15, 2020 03:29:37 pm
      Have not watched him play for Brazil so not sure if he plays in the same position as he does for us

He plays as striker mostly, and attacking midfielder at times, but he isn't required to do half the amount of pressing for Brazil as he is for us. This gives him more opportunities to stay future forward in games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2409: Nov 15, 2020 11:38:32 pm
      Maybe when he plays against Leicester, he wears his Brazil top underneath his Liverpool top!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2410: Nov 20, 2020 09:10:15 am
      Is he available? Was talk earlier in the week that him and Alisson may have to self isolate as a Brazilian team mate tested positive.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2411: Nov 20, 2020 09:55:16 am

What’s even weirder is his scoring record in regards games per goal is identical for both Brazil and his club  :mad:

I thought rival fans just blurting out and recycle bullshit narratives

Is that true, almost every time I check on a Brazil score line he is listed as one of the scorers, are you saying he scores at the same rate for club and country? If so can you please point me to that stat?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #2412: Nov 20, 2020 10:45:54 am
      Is that true, almost every time I check on a Brazil score line he is listed as one of the scorers, are you saying he scores at the same rate for club and country? If so can you please point me to that stat?
      I’m guessing it would just be his career stats. Essentially 1 in 3 for both club and country.

Edit: That was based on his league appearances. More precisely, he scores at a rate of 1 goal in 2.93 matches for Brazil, and a rate of 1 goal in 3.24 matches for Liverpool.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2413: Nov 20, 2020 06:22:09 pm
      Time to stand up Bobby
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2414: Nov 20, 2020 06:29:54 pm

He is such a good player I have no doubt in my mind that he will get back to his best

Quick Reply