Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370251 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2599: Feb 14, 2021 12:44:59 pm
      It will be coming up to 6 years we've had Bobby now. 6 years of absolute top class service - with most players you're lucky to get 3. I think he's done and achieved l he can. But I sense that it may be time to look beyond Firmino now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2600: Feb 17, 2021 04:19:23 pm
      They say, You don’t know what you have until you miss it, I think this true with Bobby, now before all you doubters pipe up claiming Bobby’s done, take a look at that goal of Mo V Leicester, now we all know our Bobby hasn’t been himself of late and we all know why, but c’mon fellas really, like Jürgen I put Bobby in my starting X1 every time, why, because he gives you so  much more than just the assists the stats fats like to pour over,
      His work rate is brilliant, last night we seen him just outside of the 18 yard box, Our 18 yard box, challenging, getting involved and within seconds he’s up the other end looking for openings, goal opportunities and linking up play, interacting with Mo or Mane and anyone else, including but exclusively Thiago & Curtis,

He reads the game very well too and I like it when he drops back a few yards which opens up space for Thiago to exploit, and that is when the magic happens, yes it’s not happened too often this season and they’re are other factors to consider, but all in all Bobby Firmino is a player when in top form is probably one of the best around,

This fella needs a proper close season, between May and August, to do absolutely F**k All, except having his feet up, if he can get the appropriate rest, we will have our Bobby back next season with all the bells & whistles and a pivotal part of winning a second  Title     

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2601: Feb 18, 2021 04:46:11 am
      They say, You don’t know what you have until you miss it, I think this true with Bobby, now before all you doubters pipe up claiming Bobby’s done, take a look at that goal of Mo V Leicester, now we all know our Bobby hasn’t been himself of late and we all know why, but c’mon fellas really, like Jürgen I put Bobby in my starting X1 every time, why, because he gives you so  much more than just the assists the stats fats like to pour over,
      His work rate is brilliant, last night we seen him just outside of the 18 yard box, Our 18 yard box, challenging, getting involved and within seconds he’s up the other end looking for openings, goal opportunities and linking up play, interacting with Mo or Mane and anyone else, including but exclusively Thiago & Curtis,

He reads the game very well too and I like it when he drops back a few yards which opens up space for Thiago to exploit, and that is when the magic happens, yes it’s not happened too often this season and they’re are other factors to consider, but all in all Bobby Firmino is a player when in top form is probably one of the best around,

This fella needs a proper close season, between May and August, to do absolutely F**k All, except having his feet up, if he can get the appropriate rest, we will have our Bobby back next season with all the bells & whistles and a pivotal part of winning a second  Title     

Y  N  W  A

Agree about the break but he's got the Copa America coming up in June and July. Top players don't get breaks anymore. They use them until they're spent, then cast them aside.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2602: Feb 18, 2021 07:10:46 am
      Agree about the break but he's got the Copa America coming up in June and July. Top players don't get breaks anymore. They use them until they're spent, then cast them aside.

Ffs, forgot about that, then what I’d do is extend whatever time he does have off, I’d much rather have the Bobby we all know than the one we have now, a full fit & hungry Bobby Firmino is world class, at the moment he’s half the world away !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2603: Feb 18, 2021 08:35:41 am

Y  N  W  A

No one is disputing that Bobby in good form is a vital part of the team, but those games are few and far between these days. The key thing is that we need better backup, we need one more quality forward in addition to Jota.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2604: Feb 18, 2021 09:26:53 am
      There are guys in the squad to rotate bobby more, give him more rests. except the injury list is prohibiting this.

I can see the team evolving though, bobby wont be here for ever, so somebody needs to step up, or someone needs to come in.

Going to be interesting in march when Jota & Naby lad are back in the squad, and hopefully at least hendo is back in MF, this may allow thiago to play more forward.

Also if shaq and ox can stay fit and become more consistent we have those guys to help rotate all of the front 3 not just bobby.

Taki was also supposed to be the man to help rotate bobby, that's not worked out yet, but if he keeps doing well at southampton, he will come back buzzin for next season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2605: Feb 18, 2021 09:27:50 am
      It will be coming up to 6 years we've had Bobby now. 6 years of absolute top class service - with most players you're lucky to get 3. I think he's done and achieved l he can. But I sense that it may be time to look beyond Firmino now.

not yet man, but he does need rested more as noted above.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2606: Feb 18, 2021 11:11:35 am
      No one is disputing that Bobby in good form is a vital part of the team, but those games are few and far between these days. The key thing is that we need better backup, we need one more quality forward in addition to Jota.

Fair comment regarding back up for Bobby, we have wee Harvey E to come back from his loan spell at Blackburn and it’s likely we’ll need a replacement for Gini, also Naby we hope will be fit & healthy and it’s also possible Jürgen will pull a rabbit, someone we wouldn’t think of, so there is scope for improvement in regards to backing up                                             

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2607: Feb 18, 2021 07:03:03 pm
      Is the next phase of improvement when Bobby becomes the backup?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2608: Feb 18, 2021 07:05:03 pm

Why would he want to be a backup with us when he could be a starter on tons of other teams?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2609: Feb 18, 2021 07:05:32 pm

Everything being equal I think we are probably there with Jota in the side.

Not that Bobby won't play a ton of games on the basis of injury and rotation he will get games every week.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2610: Feb 18, 2021 07:08:22 pm
      Why would he want to be a backup with us when he could be a starter on tons of other teams?

Did anyone say he wants to be or should be happy being the backup.

The next level up is when we have players like Bobby coming off the bench not Origi. Bobby only drops yo the bench when better players are ahead of him. If we have better players then Bobby on the pitch then we are a better team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2611: Feb 18, 2021 07:10:58 pm
      Did anyone say he wants to be or should be happy being the backup.

The next level up is when we have players like Bobby coming off the bench not Origi. Bobby only drops yo the bench when better players are ahead of him. If we have better players then Bobby on the pitch then we are a better team.

Ok, when we have better players than Bobby let me know. Because right now Jota isn't a Bobby replacement...he's a Mane or Mo replacement. Doesn't press or do half of the running that Bobby does. A Firmino "replacement" will be conspicuous because it will be someone that plays like Firmino does and brings what he does to the team. Or Klopp decides he doesn't need that in which case Bob will likely play somewhere else.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2612: Feb 18, 2021 07:13:02 pm
      Ok, when we have better players than Bobby let me know. Because right now Jota isn't a Bobby replacement...he's a Mane or Mo replacement. Doesn't press or do half of the running that Bobby does. A Firmino "replacement" will be conspicuous because it will be someone that plays like Firmino does and brings what he does to the team. Or Klopp decides he doesn't need that in which case Bob will likely play somewhere else.

Its what transfers are for. You dont have someone better then what you have you go out and buy one
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2613: Feb 19, 2021 12:31:39 am
      Its what transfers are for. You dont have someone better then what you have you go out and buy one

Exactly.

But I don't see where we are in for a Bobby replacement at this point so that's what I said let me know when we have a player better than Bobby. I think we have other more pressing needs than trying to replace one of our best (most important) players.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2614: Feb 19, 2021 11:06:26 pm
      Cmon Bobby, show us what you can do tomorrow, yer due one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2615: Feb 20, 2021 07:36:00 pm
      Has been a passenger for way too long now, must surely be some academy players who at least know how to strike a ball.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2616: Feb 20, 2021 07:45:30 pm
      Done F**k all again tonight! Shot over the Bar into outer space summed up his season!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2617: Feb 20, 2021 07:56:00 pm
      Apart from one or two games has been dire this season.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #2618: Feb 20, 2021 08:35:00 pm
      Must be dropped and then sold in the summer
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2619: Feb 20, 2021 08:35:43 pm
      Love the guy but what he has done in the past and what he is doing now are two totally different things and he needs dropping.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2620: Feb 20, 2021 08:41:45 pm
      Not sure he was ever amazing. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat and plenty of teams have managed without a defensive striker. Haaland is the dream. Our league position is going to make that just a dream.  We will find it more difficult to attract players in the Europa league, but Bobby does need replacing.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2621: Feb 20, 2021 08:55:41 pm
      Not sure he was ever amazing. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat and plenty of teams have managed without a defensive striker. Haaland is the dream. Our league position is going to make that just a dream.  We will find it more difficult to attract players in the Europa league, but Bobby does need replacing.
      We definitely should have gone big on the back of our recent successes, I don’t know the numbers, but I’m sure it’s a sizeable amount you get for winning the league and champions league, even after you cover the no fans in the stadium.

Quick Reply