Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370120 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2622: Feb 20, 2021 09:04:49 pm
      I said during the game, it's not really an exaggeration to say you can count on one hand the number of good games he's had in the last 12 months.

A lot of players have dropped off but none quite as spectacularly as Bobby IMO and the first part of our rebuild surely has to be to sign a better play to play through the middle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2623: Feb 24, 2021 10:44:32 am
      At least his own teammates haven’t given up on him.

"He deserves more credit than me and Mo, for sure," Mane told ESPN Brazil.

"But it is part of football, (people) always seeing the goals scored. But without Bobby, I don't see me and Mo score as many goals as we have, to be honest.

"He makes everything easier for us. Brazil are just lucky to have Firmino. I have always said to Bobby: 'You will have to change your nationality and come to Senegal'.

"For me, that would be a dream. I just love him. I think he is my favourite team-mate."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2624: Feb 24, 2021 03:54:41 pm
      Why would he want to be a backup with us when he could be a starter on tons of other teams?

Where would he be a starter, some club that doesn't need a forward to score goals perhaps??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2625: Feb 24, 2021 04:37:58 pm

Completely agree mate and moreso on the spondoolies involved on winning the trophy, obviously the priority is the market value etc of LFC with any 'soccer' interests running a poor second - in the business world positive indicators are all shareholders want to see.

On topic with Firmino - because of the remiss in signing quality back up your man is run F***ing ragged playing out of position simple as, this talk right now of getting shut is crazy!

Where are you getting his true value with even some misguided LFC supporters making out he's crap?
      More to the point how the F**k can we afford a replacement?

We definitely should have gone big on the back of our recent successes, I don’t know the numbers, but I’m sure it’s a sizeable amount you get for winning the league and champions league, even after you cover the no fans in the stadium.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021 04:43:46 pm by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2626: Feb 24, 2021 04:41:52 pm
      We definitely should have gone big on the back of our recent successes, I don’t know the numbers, but I’m sure it’s a sizeable amount you get for winning the league and champions league, even after you cover the no fans in the stadium.

We are going to lose around £100mil from no fans

Winning the league doesn’t bring in too much extra - we actually had less Tv money last year due to the CL exit

Even with our success the overall profit was around £40mil in the last accounts
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2627: Feb 24, 2021 05:01:56 pm
      I said during the game, it's not really an exaggeration to say you can count on one hand the number of good games he's had in the last 12 months.

A lot of players have dropped off but none quite as spectacularly as Bobby IMO and the first part of our rebuild surely has to be to sign a better play to play through the middle.

Is this the "rebuild" that should have taken place after our success last season mate?
      We were unbelievably lucky with injuries and that played a great part in winning the league.

A result of which is the complete F**k up the manager has to confront,  any "rebuild" has to be seen in the context of one injured world class player whose position should have been consolidated last season - we have the payback, beside Virgil Henderson  is looking fragile and the same applies.

Firmino is a long way from any scapegoat jobs.

The club's market value is £2bn, NESV would make £500m if they sold now, they would make far more and increase the market value by investing in quality back up instead of sitting on their F***ing arses contemplating the markets.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021 05:12:31 pm by stuey »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2628: Mar 04, 2021 10:43:41 pm
      Think I said it a few months ago but looks like he is finished at LFC.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2629: Mar 04, 2021 10:52:07 pm
      Think I said it a few months ago but looks like he is finished at LFC.

I’d take £50 million for him if it was offered..
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2630: Mar 04, 2021 10:58:25 pm
      I’d take £50 million for him if it was offered..

Will platt piss if we got anywhere near that for him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2631: Mar 04, 2021 11:33:30 pm
      Does F***ing nothing all game, then when he does, he turns the ball over for their goal and the second time he’s involved, he does brilliantly to get a cross in and as usual, no one near it to tap that f**ker home, when they had all the time in the world to anticipate what he was gonna do!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2632: Mar 05, 2021 09:02:59 am
      Is this the "rebuild" that should have taken place after our success last season mate?
      We were unbelievably lucky with injuries and that played a great part in winning the league.

A result of which is the complete F**k up the manager has to confront,  any "rebuild" has to be seen in the context of one injured world class player whose position should have been consolidated last season - we have the payback, beside Virgil Henderson  is looking fragile and the same applies.

Firmino is a long way from any scapegoat jobs.

The club's market value is £2bn, NESV would make £500m if they sold now, they would make far more and increase the market value by investing in quality back up instead of sitting on their F***ing arses contemplating the markets.

We did rebuild.

We bought one of Europe's best CM and one of the Premier League's best young forwards. Addressed the lack of cover at full back.

The manager and club took a gamble at CB and got caught out when our two starters got long term injuries.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2633: Mar 05, 2021 09:08:31 am
      At least his own teammates haven’t given up on him.

"He deserves more credit than me and Mo, for sure," Mane told ESPN Brazil.

"But it is part of football, (people) always seeing the goals scored. But without Bobby, I don't see me and Mo score as many goals as we have, to be honest.

"He makes everything easier for us. Brazil are just lucky to have Firmino. I have always said to Bobby: 'You will have to change your nationality and come to Senegal'.

"For me, that would be a dream. I just love him. I think he is my favourite team-mate."

Of course his team mates are going to say this. What else did you expect mate?

He's been poor for pretty much this entire season but you seem to have a bit of a fixation with any criticism of him as he's 'Bobby Firmino who nits everything together and does all the unnoticed stuff to provide for the front line' .

Not your words obviously but that is what many say when he isn't playing well and you have indicted similar.

I've done it myself in the past when he actually was doing a lot of unnoticed work but let's face it he isn't and hasn't  been for quite a while except for the odd moment or two.

He's easily one of my favourite players during his time here but he has offered next to nothing most of this season and playing him into form hadn't changed that either.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2634: Mar 05, 2021 10:59:25 am
      We did rebuild.

We bought one of Europe's best CM and one of the Premier League's best young forwards. Addressed the lack of cover at full back.

The manager and club took a gamble at CB and got caught out when our two starters got long term injuries.

Firmino among others has been forced to play out of position and is now being criticised for his performance, this has very little to do with the team's descent of the Prem.

Nobody was "caught out", we didn't have back up for the injuries due to not consolidating on the back of our success last season.
      We were extremely fortunate with injuries during the previous term but are suffering the consequences now of false economies, false economies which as ever have long-term implications.

Some are blaming the best manager in the world for not being able to do his job under the tenure of owners who contemplate market values above long-term issues of a soccer club in Europe, do they care that the difference in priorities could see the departure of the best manager in the world?
      Does it concern them LFC might not qualify for Championship Football?

The descent of the club from winners last season is alarming, the greater concern is the lack of interest from our owners,
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 11:11:00 am by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2635: Mar 05, 2021 11:02:42 am
      Nobody was "caught out", we didn't have back up for the injuries due to not consolidating on the back of our success last season.
      We were extremely fortunate with injuries during the previous term but are suffering the consequences now of false economies, false economies which as ever have long-term implications.

Some are blaming the best manager in the world for not being able to do his job under the tenure of owners who contemplate market values above long-term issues of a soccer club in Europe, do they care that the difference in priorities could see the departure of the best manager in the world?
      Does it concern them LFC might not qualify for Championship Football?

The descent of the club from winners last season is alarming, the greater concern is the lack of interest from our owners,

We did consolidate.

I can name the players if you want Stu.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2636: Mar 05, 2021 11:15:53 am
      We did consolidate.

I can name the players if you want Stu.

Go ahead Si, like for like or as near as.
      Our descent of the league suggests no such comparison can be made.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2637: Mar 05, 2021 11:26:55 am
      Go ahead Si, like for like or as near as.
      Our descent of the league suggests no such comparison can be made.

We bought Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas.

So on the back of winning the league we bought a first choice forward to compete with the front three. A first choice midfielder, different to what we have and a creator, and a back up full back that we had been crying out for.

If you're literally taking about CB then we put our money in what the club, that's manager and those above, seen as the areas needing addressing. Having our two first choice injured long term within weeks of each other is difficult to legislate for unless you buy players by the dozen for every eventuality.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 11:36:04 am by srslfc »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2638: Mar 05, 2021 11:34:52 am
      Firmino in his time here has always been in and out of form. Many times he goes a month without scoring but the contribution is there.

At the moment hes not even doing that.

There's an argument that our well oiled machine has broken with the injuries we have picked up. You could literally go through our whole team and say that everyone of their standards has dropped. Full backs midfielders forwards and the keeper.

I want to see our first team XI play again before deciding on players futures. I would however weigh that against the fact Bobby wasn't that great last season despite what the team achieved.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2639: Mar 05, 2021 11:49:14 am
      We bought Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas.

So on the back of winning the league we bought a first choice forward to compete with the front three. A first choice midfielder, different to what we have and a creator, and a back up full back that we had been crying out for.

If you're literally taking about CB then we put our money in what the club, that's manager and those above, seen as the areas needing addressing. Having our two first choice injured long term within weeks of each other is difficult to legislate for unless you buy players by the dozen for every eventuality.

You know as I do mate we are talking here about Virgil and Henderson as prime examples, the owners conduct has got us where we are.
      Bargain basement signings the manager is forced to make and endeavour to improve.

The evidence of the above now confronts and is not a pretty sight.

Only for Jürgen's reputation and kudos he would be on the verge of being finished by the owners, 
      owners who don't give a sh*t about anything but market value.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2640: Mar 05, 2021 11:54:12 am
      You know as I do mate we are talking here about Virgil and Henderson as prime examples, the owners conduct has got us where we are.
      Bargain basement signings the manager is forced to make and endeavour to improve.

The evidence of the above now confronts and is not a pretty sight.

Only for Jürgen's reputation and kudos he would be on the verge of being finished by the owners, 
      owners who don't give a sh*t about anything but market value.

You said we didn't consolidate on winning the title but we did.

I'm not continuing this here as its way off topic.

Back to Bobby and its a huge issue whether people want to admit it or not.

Definitely not the only issue but a big one none the less.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2641: Mar 05, 2021 12:03:49 pm
      Aw please dont turn the Bobby thread into an owners debate I beg ye
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2642: Mar 05, 2021 12:25:16 pm
      Firmino in his time here has always been in and out of form. Many times he goes a month without scoring but the contribution is there.

At the moment hes not even doing that.

There's an argument that our well oiled machine has broken with the injuries we have picked up. You could literally go through our whole team and say that everyone of their standards has dropped. Full backs midfielders forwards and the keeper.

I want to see our first team XI play again before deciding on players futures. I would however weigh that against the fact Bobby wasn't that great last season despite what the team achieved.

He is being played out of position and the whole team is in disarray because of the injury situation, you select scapegoats to order when it is not their fault or the managers'.
      Who else is there to apportion responsibility for the F**k up?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2643: Mar 05, 2021 12:35:28 pm
      He is being played out of position and the whole team is in disarray because of the injury situation, you select scapegoats to order when it is not their fault or the managers'.
      Who else is there to apportion responsibility for the f**k up?

Playing out of position when exactly ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2644: Mar 05, 2021 12:41:14 pm
      Aw please dont turn the Bobby thread into an owners debate I beg ye

Thing is Brian the owners are directly responsible for so many of the problems facing LFC currently.
      Their short-term solutions by definition have a short sell by date and in time will be discovered and the faults identified.
      All the bullshit conveniently involves less financial outlay for FSG and currently a higher market value for the product.

We could be mid-table and the market value of the club would not change significantly; this loyalty or otherwise to these entrepreneurs is no reflection on anyone's loyalty to LFC.

Quick Reply