Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370321 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2668: Mar 05, 2021 06:30:05 pm
      The F**k you on about you said he has been played out of position ?

Note the word “has”.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2669: Mar 05, 2021 06:34:26 pm
      OK when HAS he been played out of position this season ?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2670: Mar 05, 2021 09:55:05 pm
      OK when HAS he been played out of position this season ?

Every time we play him as a striker....  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2671: Mar 07, 2021 10:46:56 pm
      Don't know much about him so can only go by his stats which are not that great for an offensive team like Leeds. At 24 is definitely the right age to come in, learn from Firmino then fully take over in a year or so and only be 25/26 by then.

We can't wait that long mate. We need to invest in a quality strike as soon as this season is finished and if Bobby wants to stay, he's gonna have to accept that in most games, he's gonna have to come on as a sub!

If we go into next season with Bobby and Divock again as our only 2 strikers, sh*t will have to hit the fan!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2672: Mar 07, 2021 11:33:08 pm
      We can't wait that long mate. We need to invest in a quality strike as soon as this season is finished and if Bobby wants to stay, he's gonna have to accept that in most games, he's gonna have to come on as a sub!

If we go into next season with Bobby and Divock again as our only 2 strikers, sh*t will have to hit the fan!

Bobby isn’t going anywhere and Jürgen isn’t going to replace him in the starting lineup. He obviously rested him today for our CL game. That right there shows you he still values Bobby as a player. I’d say Bobby will kick on next season if things get more back to normal.

With you on Divock, he needs to find another team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2673: Mar 08, 2021 12:14:38 am
      Bobby isn’t going anywhere and Jürgen isn’t going to replace him in the starting lineup. He obviously rested him today for our CL game. That right there shows you he still values Bobby as a player. I’d say Bobby will kick on next season if things get more back to normal.

With you on Divock, he needs to find another team.

So if say we get Mbappe or  Haaland,  (yes, massive IF's), Bobby would still be in the starting lineup? As a number 10 maybe, but that's about it Bud, surely!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2674: Mar 08, 2021 12:28:38 am
      So if say we get Mbappe or  Haaland,  (yes, massive IF's), Bobby would still be in the starting lineup? As a number 10 maybe, but that's about it Bud, surely!

You are a couple lids deep if you think we are signing Mbappe or Haaland bud. 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2675: Mar 08, 2021 12:32:30 am

If we got Haaland who plays in the middle then Bobby surely goes to the bench or a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

If we got Mbappe who is a winger then one of Mane or Salah goes. Neither one is going to be happy becoming a bench player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2676: Mar 08, 2021 03:47:51 am
      You are a couple lids deep if you think we are signing Mbappe or Haaland bud. 😂

We will see my friend, we will see!

Remember this post mate coz I won't  :lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2677: Mar 08, 2021 03:48:39 am
      If we got Haaland who plays in the middle then Bobby surely goes to the bench or a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

If we got Mbappe who is a winger then one of Mane or Salah goes. Neither one is going to be happy becoming a bench player.

Wow, I always thought Mbappe was a striker!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2678: Mar 08, 2021 08:52:54 am

Start smoking more of that sh*t and it might happen in your dreams  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2679: Mar 08, 2021 08:38:14 pm
      Start smoking more of that sh*t and it might happen in your dreams  :f_whistle:

I can't smoke any more then I do already bud, oh I could but moneys tight. Hahhahahh

I can't wait to see your face next season when he's wearing Red.  :angel:

Oh yeah..get stuffed Manc c**t!  :lmao: :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2680: Apr 24, 2021 09:55:11 pm
      When was the last time our No9 scored a goal.

I would be surprised if he is here next year if we are serious about challenging.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2681: Apr 24, 2021 09:56:00 pm

I would be surprised if he is here next year if we are serious about challenging.

One of my fav ever players, but he’s been so anonymous this season. Such a shame
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2682: Apr 24, 2021 11:46:58 pm

I’m at the point where I hope we sell him so people will have to stop F***ing moaning about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2683: Apr 24, 2021 11:58:25 pm
      I’m at the point where I hope we sell him so people will have to stop f**king moaning about it.
      You are more affected by people moaning by his lack of output than the fact we are going to end up in the land  of mediocre because our centre forward doesn’t know how to hit the back of the net.

Give your head a wobble.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2684: Apr 25, 2021 03:38:39 am
      You are more affected by people moaning by his lack of output than the fact we are going to end up in the land  of mediocre because our centre forward doesn’t know how to hit the back of the net.

Give your head a wobble.

Oh is that why? Because of our center forward?

Could have sworn it was as because of our lack of a coherent defense. But I guess if it’s so obvious that Firmino isn’t any good anymore, then it’s Klopp’s fault for consistently playing him and insisting that Bobby’s goal production isn’t the most important part of his contributions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2685: Apr 25, 2021 01:35:54 pm
      Oh is that why? Because of our center forward?

Could have sworn it was as because of our lack of a coherent defense. But I guess if it’s so obvious that Firmino isn’t any good anymore, then it’s Klopp’s fault for consistently playing him and insisting that Bobby’s goal production isn’t the most important part of his contributions.

Goals win games and defence even though it's a ramshackle of a defence right now, isn't the problem. Scoring F***ing goals is!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2686: Apr 25, 2021 01:58:32 pm
      Knew he was struggling but didn't know it was as bad as 6 goals in 43 games until the commentator said it yesterday.

We all know he contributes more than goals (although that side of his game has also taken a spectacular downturn in recent months) but I'm not sure how long we can keep going with a forward getting just 6 goals if we want to get back to the top.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2687: Apr 25, 2021 02:43:14 pm
      Goals win games and defence even though it's a ramshackle of a defence right now, isn't the problem. Scoring f**king goals is!!

And Firmino never was our main goal scorer. It’s stupid to blame him as if we are only losing because he doesn’t score enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2688: Apr 25, 2021 02:59:41 pm
      And Firmino never was our main goal scorer. It’s stupid to blame him as if we are only losing because he doesn’t score enough.

It's not blame, it's recognising that's currently the one to go first if the front three are to be broken up.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2689: Apr 26, 2021 03:43:44 pm
      Sorry for the lack of input into this debate but i would just like to say that i want Firmino to stay.

He is still important.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2690: Apr 26, 2021 05:13:30 pm
      Bobby has been dugg sh*te for most of this season, seen glimpses of his genius, but this can be said for most of the squad this season.

Quick Reply