Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370140 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3082: Aug 23, 2022 01:04:52 pm

Thing is JĆ¼rgen probably wasnā€™t that concerned because we had Jota and Nunez. Jota is becoming a sick note and of course Nunez is going to now have a ton of pressure on him after the suspension. Bobby was likely going to be a luxury player but now heā€™s being asked to be savior and heā€™s not going to be that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3083: Aug 23, 2022 01:08:20 pm
      Thing is JĆ¼rgen probably wasnā€™t that concerned because we had Jota and Nunez. Jota is becoming a sick note and of course Nunez is going to now have a ton of pressure on him after the suspension. Bobby was likely going to be a luxury player but now heā€™s being asked to be savior and heā€™s not going to be that.

I was surprised they turned down that offer from Juve
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3084: Aug 23, 2022 01:14:39 pm
      You know Bobby actually might have been our best midfielder last night. I wonder if Klopp has thought about moving him to an AM role.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3085: Aug 23, 2022 01:18:01 pm
      You know Bobby actually might have been our best midfielder last night. I wonder if Klopp has thought about moving him to an AM role.

Part of the problem was him being too deep.gave us no focal point
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3086: Aug 23, 2022 01:20:00 pm

Werner ran a lot but didn't score I wonder if Chelsea thought about playing him right back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3087: Aug 23, 2022 01:20:30 pm
      Part of the problem was him being too deep.gave us no focal point

And he was so deep because of our useless midfield. Iā€™m just saying, heā€™s good at dropping deep and playing in tight spaces. And he still has a great footballing brain, maybe heā€™d reinvent himself in midfield. Just a thought.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3088: Aug 23, 2022 01:23:22 pm
      Werner ran a lot but didn't score I wonder if Chelsea thought about playing him right back.

I give absolutely zero fucks about Werner or Chelsea and neither has anything to do with us.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3089: Aug 23, 2022 01:24:01 pm
      And he was so deep because of our useless midfield. Iā€™m just saying, heā€™s good at dropping deep and playing in tight spaces. And he still has a great footballing brain, maybe heā€™d reinvent himself in midfield. Just a thought.

Possibly yes might be something but would need to adapt formation . Nothing can be ruled out with our present woes. Still 2 games without Nunez so may have to persist with him up top
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3090: Aug 23, 2022 01:26:30 pm
      I give absolutely zero fucks about Werner or Chelsea and neither has anything to do with us.

Just an example of other top teams not doing this. It's all in the mindset my dear friend.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #3091: Aug 27, 2022 08:34:05 pm
      Many would have benched him but three assists, two goals, what a performance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3092: Aug 27, 2022 08:37:37 pm
      Many would have benched him but three assists, two goals, what a performance.

Iā€™m sure the narrative will be ā€œitā€™s just Bournemouthā€. He should have had two hat tricks today, assists and goals. Heā€™s slacking.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3093: Aug 27, 2022 08:49:33 pm
      Thatā€™s the sort of opposition thatā€™s perfect for Bobby , sitting a bit deep giving him space to pick the ball up a bit deeper
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3094: Aug 27, 2022 09:12:56 pm
      Nice to see the no look Bobby goal again. Hopefully it is the start of him find his form again and not just a one off moment
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3095: Aug 27, 2022 10:46:07 pm
      I'm hard on Bobby, I ain't gonna lie. But that doesn't mean I don't love him. Today was special for a lot of reasons, but for me and my boy (Bobby is who he models himself after) to watch him roll back the hands of time and put on a perfect display of what this team is about,  was top of the list.

Si` Senor
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3096: Aug 28, 2022 02:44:56 am
      Itā€™s interesting that when we play football that well, it usually involves Bob playing well. Hopefully it will continue.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3097: Aug 28, 2022 08:25:09 am
      I know Bobbyā€™s game and contributions have reduced somewhat the past couple of years. Partly due to his form but also he has missed quite a few games due to injury however, this narrative that he has been ā€œsh*teā€ is a false one for me. We were close to winning all four trophies last season. You canā€™t do that with sh*t players or sh*t performances in the side. Some of the comments written are quite scathing and overly harsh and in the match thread yesterday everyone getting their Knickers in the twist because theyā€™ve been called out for saying heā€™s sh*t before the whistle has even blown.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2022 08:43:56 am by Scottbot »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #3098: Aug 28, 2022 09:29:14 am
      You can never write Bobby off, man of the match yesterday, in a superb team performance. Simply hope he proves the doubters wrong with more valuable contributions like yesterday !
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3099: Aug 28, 2022 09:33:29 am
      Paul McCartney was once asked if he thought the White Album would've been improved if The Beatles had whittled it down to a single album. He thought for a moment and said......"nah its the bloody Beatles White Album leave it alone man"

It's bloody Bobby Firmino.......leave it alone man. A genius, a legend and so, so much still ahead of him in red ā¤ļø
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3100: Aug 28, 2022 09:46:07 am
      Cracking performance but time to kick on now and return to the consistency of where he was at 2-3 years ago. Recently, performances like yesterday's have been too few and far between.

We all know he's class when he's on it so hopefully this is the sign he's back to where we all know he can be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3101: Aug 28, 2022 02:51:48 pm
      Just an example of other top teams not doing this. It's all in the mindset my dear friend.

Other teams like Chelsea spending for spending sakes you mean. Why don't you go and support them and cheer every time they spunk Ā£90 odd F***ing million on a yard dog like Lukaku. 🤔
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3102: Aug 28, 2022 02:54:01 pm
      Iā€™m sure the narrative will be ā€œitā€™s just Bournemouthā€. He should have had two hat tricks today, assists and goals. Heā€™s slacking.

Problem is, it was just Bournemouth and in all fairness were so F***ing open, every player in Red looked good yesterday. Not a game to judge anyone. Newcastle will be more the real test.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3103: Aug 28, 2022 02:57:15 pm
      Problem is, it was just Bournemouth and in all fairness were so f**king open, every player in Red looked good yesterday. Not a game to judge anyone. Newcastle will be more the real test.

There speaks a man who isnā€™t wearing rose tints. Refreshing to read as most of these yanks do.  :lmao:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3104: Aug 28, 2022 09:16:33 pm
      Forgot what thread I was in for a second.

So Bobby eh?

Brilliant performance and I give him sh*t when his touch is woeful so I will give him all the praise when he puts a 10/10 performance like he did yesterday. Please can we see this Bobby more often, he just instantly makes everyone around him when he is in form like this, he gets others feeling more confident in playing the dangerous pass, keep it up.

I would like to see him continue to start ahead of Nunez even when the ban is over, as an in form Bobby is as good as anyone in the league.

Quick Reply