Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370183 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3105: Aug 28, 2022 09:19:26 pm
      Forgot what I thread I was in for a second.

So Bobby eh?

Brilliant performance and I give him sh*t when his touch is woeful so I will give him all the praise when he puts a 10/10 performance like he did yesterday. Please can we see this Bobby more often, he just instantly makes everyone around him when he is in form like this, he gets others feeling more confident in playing the dangerous pass, keep it up.

I would like to see him continue to start ahead of Nunez even when the ban is over, as an in form Bobby is as good as anyone in the league.

I know.

Guilty as charged.

Looked at lot better yesterday and did well for his first. Needs a few more like them.

Still will end up a bit part player once Jota is fully fit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3106: Aug 28, 2022 09:37:20 pm
      Forgot what thread I was in for a second.

So Bobby eh?

Brilliant performance and I give him sh*t when his touch is woeful so I will give him all the praise when he puts a 10/10 performance like he did yesterday. Please can we see this Bobby more often, he just instantly makes everyone around him when he is in form like this, he gets others feeling more confident in playing the dangerous pass, keep it up.

I would like to see him continue to start ahead of Nunez even when the ban is over, as an in form Bobby is as good as anyone in the league.

I think Nunez will come back for the game against Napoli - there are going to be a good number of games where Nunez will give us something different but Bobby will certainly be key in the Derby
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3107: Aug 28, 2022 09:55:25 pm
      I know.

Guilty as charged.

Looked at lot better yesterday and did well for his first. Needs a few more like them.

Still will end up a bit part player once Jota is fully fit.

Agreed. Made up for Bob yesterday but as with the team the next 2 games will give a better indication. Where Bob is at.

Not expecting Jota back for a while yet so we really need Bob to get on a role of form.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3108: Aug 28, 2022 10:01:48 pm
      Seemed to play well yesterday, didn't see the game, but he needs to produce this more often this season.

One game like this every 10 isn't going to keep him in the side.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3109: Aug 28, 2022 10:31:56 pm
      We pressed better yesterday and when we do that and have the opponents on their heels, It allows Bob to dictate more. When teams are closing us down and pressuring him, he’s not at his best unfortunately. Teams know now that if you keep him subdued, it makes us easier to play against as a whole.

We are a so much better team when he’s leading our press and we are on the front foot verses trying to play around teams that are pressing us.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #3110: Aug 30, 2022 02:31:02 am
      The assist for Harvey's goal -- was it intentional?  If it was, it was a thing of beauty!!!  Or was it just poor control and a lucky bounce? 🤔
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3111: Aug 30, 2022 03:39:23 am
      The assist for Harvey's goal -- was it intentional?  If it was, it was a thing of beauty!!!  Or was it just poor control and a lucky bounce? 🤔

If it wasn’t intentional he hid it well, he pointed right at the ball as Harvey struck it. I wondered the same thing and then I realized it was just the kind of touch that Bobby would try to pull off. I suppose only he knows.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3112: Aug 30, 2022 11:38:03 am
      Hes some boy.

So glad he put some doubters back in their place.

Hope he gets a run of games now, all the other strikers will love playing with an in form bobby.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3113: Aug 31, 2022 10:03:35 am
      Hes some boy.

So glad he put some doubters back in their place.

Hope he gets a run of games now, all the other strikers will love playing with an in form bobby.

In form means consistent which has not been the case really . Hope he can now produce how he played weekend on a more regular basis.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3114: Aug 31, 2022 10:18:47 am
      In form means consistent which has not been the case really . Hope he can now produce how he played weekend on a more regular basis.

his injuries have held him back for sometime now but only Bobby can do what Bobby can do especially in the big games. Lets hope he keeps fit
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3115: Aug 31, 2022 10:20:18 am

As walt says, injuries has not helped
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3116: Aug 31, 2022 10:30:25 am
      As walt says, injuries has not helped

They haven't but not solely down to that . Saturday was a reminder just what he is capable of but need to see more often and against calibre much higher than what he faced Saturday.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3117: Aug 31, 2022 10:38:19 am
      After last season when Klopp moved Mane through the middle and then Nunez came in I was surprised that Bobby didn’t leave in the summer - maybe along with niggling injuries his confidence was affected a bit
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3118: Aug 31, 2022 10:38:47 am
      They haven't but not solely down to that . Saturday was a reminder just what he is capable of but need to see more often and against calibre much higher than what he faced Saturday.

This. The next 2 games will show where Bobby is at ... and the whole team for that matter. Bournemouth were absolutely dreadful ... and whilst it was nice to bang a few in I'm not getting carried away. Let's see how we go against Newcastle and our happy cheerful neighbours
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3119: Aug 31, 2022 12:06:39 pm
      After last season when Klopp moved Mane through the middle and then Nunez came in I was surprised that Bobby didn’t leave in the summer - maybe along with niggling injuries his confidence was affected a bit

Could be.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3120: Aug 31, 2022 12:09:04 pm
      this went under the radar btw.

100 Goals

Roberto Firmino today reached the milestone of 100 goals in all competitions for Liverpool FC.

The No.9’s second effort against AFC Bournemouth at Anfield brought up the landmark of a century since Firmino joined the club from German outfit Hoffenheim in the summer of 2015

He became the 19th player to hit three figures for goals in Reds history, doing so with a brace on his 331st appearance.

Seventy-three of Firmino’s strikes have come in the Premier League so far, while he has found the back of the net 20 times in the Champions League proper alongside another goal in qualifying for the European competition.

The Brazilian has also scored twice in the FA Cup and FIFA Club World Cup respectively and has solitary efforts for the Reds in the League Cup and Europa League.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3121: Aug 31, 2022 01:31:49 pm
      this went under the radar btw.

100 Goals

LFC has a video up of all 100. Quite the highlight reel. Not sure how anyone can't root for this guy.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3122: Aug 31, 2022 02:19:28 pm
      LFC has a video up of all 100. Quite the highlight reel. Not sure how anyone can't root for this guy.

oh. nice, ill have to watch that. cheers.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3123: Aug 31, 2022 03:48:23 pm

Watching through them the title winning season he score a lot of key goals (winning goals) as well the key goals in CWC.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3124: Sep 01, 2022 12:48:02 am

Some fun goals on that. What's your favorite Bobby goal?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3125: Sep 01, 2022 12:57:35 am
      Some fun goals on that. What's your favorite Bobby goal?

Right now, tonight’s is my favorite. Bob is back on song now.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #3126: Sep 01, 2022 01:02:48 am
      Right now, tonight’s is my favorite. Bob is back on song now.

Yep, tonight's goal being so instinctive, classy and finishing off a good team move was also reminiscent of Bob of old. Whenever people write him he soon comes up with the goods again, often at key moments.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3127: Sep 01, 2022 02:14:50 am
      Clutch goal from Bobby. Much needed and deserved. Still don't see him starting ahead of Nunez, though.

Quick Reply