Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370184 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3243: Feb 03, 2023 04:31:29 pm
      Said last week, if he stays then fine with that, if he leaves then fine with that too. Don’t think there’s negative decision either way.
      This season he’s been on good form and consistent. He clearly has issues with injuries now but at the same time, even when fit, it seems he’s Prepared to keep working hard despite no longer being an automatic choice in the team.
      Still has enough about him to impact games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3244: Feb 03, 2023 04:32:38 pm
      Said last week, if he stays then fine with that, if he leaves then fine with that too. Don’t think there’s negative decision either way.
      This season he’s been on good form and consistent. He clearly has issues with injuries now but at the same time, even when fit, it seems he’s Prepared to keep working hard despite no longer being an automatic choice in the team.

You almost have to wonder if something's wrong in our medical department because Bobby used to never have issues, now all of the sudden he's hurt all the time. I'll concede he's getting older, but so is Milner and he doesn't seem to be having any issues...why do we have so many players that are getting these mid range injuries?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3245: Feb 03, 2023 04:37:53 pm
      You almost have to wonder if something's wrong in our medical department because Bobby used to never have issues, now all of the sudden he's hurt all the time. I'll concede he's getting older, but so is Milner and he doesn't seem to be having any issues...why do we have so many players that are getting these mid range injuries?

I’ve been wondering about our training methods for a few years now. There’s clearly massive issues with the training because far too many players pick up their muscle injuries in training. Early season there was a break between games of a couple weeks and we seemed to come out of that break with more injuries than what we went into it with.

Just another issue that for whatever reason, the club doesn’t seem to change.

Even Milner has been getting his injuries, in the last couple of years he’s missed 13 games through hamstring injuries alone.

As for the medical department, that’s just a joke. Going into the season without a chief doc, bloody stupid.

I could be wrong but the year we won the league, we had a very good record with injuries but that summer there were a few key members of staff that left that?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #3246: Feb 09, 2023 02:03:57 am
      This is another head scratcher. How can u offer Bobby an extension? We all have seen Bobby‘s decline the last 2 years. As with Salah Liverpool rewards players for what they have done, not for what they ought to do in the future.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3247: Feb 09, 2023 11:18:45 am
      This is another head scratcher. How can u offer Bobby an extension? We all have seen Bobby‘s decline the last 2 years. As with Salah Liverpool rewards players for what they have done, not for what they ought to do in the future.

He’s currently our top scorer in the league this season, along with Salah, having played a fraction of the games Salah has.

People can write Bobby off and last season he was some way off his best but this season he’s been our most consistent attacker.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3248: Feb 09, 2023 11:35:19 am
      He’s currently our top scorer in the league this season, along with Salah, having played a fraction of the games Salah has.

People can write Bobby off and last season he was some way off his best but this season he’s been our most consistent attacker.
      ...He's not far ahead of Faes!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3249: Feb 09, 2023 03:24:15 pm
      This is another head scratcher. How can u offer Bobby an extension?

Quite easily at the minute.

That attack needs a Bobby!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3250: Feb 19, 2023 02:35:18 pm
      Quite easily at the minute.

That attack needs a Bobby!
      His pace is so gone, however, I don't think he is. I think he can be reinvented further back. He still presses hard, but he isn't fast enough to close down or capitalize iron loose ball mistakes.  He makes a lot of sense in the right midfield. Especially if he plays behind Gakpo in a 4-2-3-1.

Thoughts?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3251: Feb 19, 2023 03:07:31 pm
      His pace is so gone, however, I don't think he is. I think he can be reinvented further back. He still presses hard, but he isn't fast enough to close down or capitalize iron loose ball mistakes.  He makes a lot of sense in the right midfield. Especially if he plays behind Gakpo in a 4-2-3-1.

Thoughts?

His touch, control of the ball and vision is still there and tbh I wouldn't have a go too much as he's only just got back from an injury.

Still a class act.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3252: Feb 19, 2023 05:31:37 pm
      His touch, control of the ball and vision is still there and tbh I wouldn't have a go too much as he's only just got back from an injury.

Still a class act.
      All facts, but he's lost so much pace. I think his work rate and link up play could really be beneficial to the MF. I love Thiago, but he doesn't give us the work rate were so used to having. We were at our best when our MF was very workman like and did all the dirty work. Bobby was the front 3 version of this. I really would like to see how he'd do moving further back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3253: Feb 19, 2023 05:36:34 pm
      All facts, but he's lost so much pace. I think his work rate and link up play could really be beneficial to the MF. I love Thiago, but he doesn't give us the work rate were so used to having. We were at our best when our MF was very workman like and did all the dirty work. Bobby was the front 3 version of this. I really would like to see how he'd do moving further back

Bobby was never really blessed with that much pace across the ground, his pace was in his thinking and always seeming to be one step ahead of the oppo - will be glad to see him get a couple years extension
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3254: Feb 19, 2023 06:08:07 pm
      He'd be a good option to have on the bench if we give him a contract extension but I don't think he would start a lot of games in premier league next season, unless we had another injury crisis.
      I think he should mostly be coming of the bench for 30 mins at the end of games.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3255: Feb 19, 2023 09:45:33 pm

Bobby was never really blessed with that much pace across the ground, his pace was in his thinking and always seeming to be one step ahead of the oppo - will be glad to see him get a couple years extension
      He was never fleet of foot, which is why his pace drop off is so noticeable now. He honestly looks slow now. Mo has certainly lost a step, but he's still able to hit you on the counter at a seconds notice. I fear those days for Bobby are done. Recently we have looked to be sit back and absorb the pressure and then hit teams on the break. Yesterday when Bobby came in our counter wasn't nearly as effective. He did help connect the attack by coming deeper for the ball, but his passes were very loose. Rustiness for sure.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3256: Feb 19, 2023 10:12:32 pm
      He was never fleet of foot, which is why his pace drop off is so noticeable now. He honestly looks slow now. Mo has certainly lost a step, but he's still able to hit you on the counter at a seconds notice. I fear those days for Bobby are done. Recently we have looked to be sit back and absorb the pressure and then hit teams on the break. Yesterday when Bobby came in our counter wasn't nearly as effective. He did help connect the attack by coming deeper for the ball, but his passes were very loose. Rustiness for sure.

Lost possession numerous times nearly leading to a goal.on one occasion and some silly flicks which didn't come off. Yet he still.showed some.glimpes especially when dropping deep. His days playing further forward are numbered I think
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3257: Feb 20, 2023 10:02:41 am
      when did Bobby have pace and he improved with every single touch on Saturday. He can still unlock the tightest of defences. Delighted he is fit and available again.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #3258: Feb 26, 2023 06:37:32 am
      Don't understand why Bobby has never been dropped back to a 10 or 8 role. We're missing the creativity/link up between midfield and attack, and he's a natural playmaker.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3259: Feb 26, 2023 07:13:10 am
      He came on, mesmerized for 1 minute with some fancy foot work, then didn't notice him again for the rest of the Match.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3260: Feb 26, 2023 08:46:19 am
      Don't understand why Bobby has never been dropped back to a 10 or 8 role. We're missing the creativity/link up between midfield and attack, and he's a natural playmaker.

Because he's too casual with his passing at times. Even when he at his absolute best he would be guilty of giving it away cheaply sometimes and the deeper he plays the more likely that will get punished.

Love Bobby but for me his time here is up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3261: Feb 26, 2023 04:53:59 pm
      Another mistake in the making offering him a renewed contract.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3262: Feb 26, 2023 05:04:15 pm
      Another mistake in the making offering him a renewed contract.

I wouldn't mind this one in that we need to address midfield and defence more urgently in my opinion. I love Bob and I think he still has something to offer.

Maybe the following summer let him go ... but I'd keep the forward line as it is next season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3263: Feb 26, 2023 05:10:48 pm
      Bobby at 31 isn’t finished and still has plenty to offer the team - a 2 year contract would be good .

Not everyone over 30 is a finished player
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3264: Feb 26, 2023 05:46:22 pm
      Bobby at 31 isn’t finished and still has plenty to offer the team - a 2 year contract would be good .

Not everyone over 30 is a finished player
      You and I are watching a completely different game than bud. I'm a Bobby fan, but he's done mate. His legs have gone and he runs like he has bricks tied to his feet. He was never quick, but now he's slow. And further more, he resorts to cheeky flicks and forces link up play when it isn't there. His press isn't effective anymore due to his limited mobility.

We can't say we're gonna rebuild than offer contracts to guys who are clearly declining. If we sign him and Mily than it's impossible to be serious about a rebuild. That's the opposite
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3265: Feb 26, 2023 05:53:19 pm
      You and I are watching a completely different game than bud. I'm a Bobby fan, but he's done mate. His legs have gone and he runs like he has bricks tied to his feet. He was never quick, but now he's slow. And further more, he resorts to cheeky flicks and forces link up play when it isn't there. His press isn't effective anymore due to his limited mobility.

We can't say we're gonna rebuild than offer contracts to guys who are clearly declining. If we sign him and Mily than it's impossible to be serious about a rebuild. That's the opposite

The club is not going to bring in 6 players in the summer - the likes of Milner and Bobby will be around for the experience within the squad - they won’t be starters week in week out but players that can help develop others and to bring on during some games and also play in cup games etc. Bobby was playing well until the injury

We are not going to have a squad of 23 starters - it’s just doesn’t happen that way

Quick Reply