Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370430 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3266: Feb 26, 2023 06:05:27 pm
      The club is not going to bring in 6 players in the summer - the likes of Milner and Bobby will be around for the experience within the squad - they won’t be starters week in week out but players that can help develop others and to bring on during some games and also play in cup games etc. Bobby was playing well until the injury

We are not going to have a squad of 23 starters - it’s just doesn’t happen that way
      Nor does it need to. Even if Bobby and and Mily aren't here there will be tons of veterans to help guys. Hendo, VVD, Robbo, Salah, Thiago, etc.

Bobby did have a nice spell earlier this season, and it was all down to his IQ. He will always have that over almost any attacking player. It's what has made him a legend here. But, he gets injured far too often now and he isn't nearly as good as he once was. In a team with frugal finances, I'd argue we could spend his wage better. Same with Mily. I'm one of the ones saying start Mily over TAA, but it's crazy were in this position. He's 37, and wirh that said, id feel better about us signing him than Bobby.

Love em both but we can do better than both imo
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #3267: Feb 26, 2023 11:25:08 pm
      Bobby at 31 isn’t finished and still has plenty to offer the team - a 2 year contract would be good .

Not everyone over 30 is a finished player

Not so sure.

I'd move him on. I'm a huge fan but those wages better spent elsewhere and if this team is truly evolving then I think we need to let go of a few that could be holding us back.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #3268: Feb 27, 2023 12:06:24 am
      The club is not going to bring in 6 players in the summer - the likes of Milner and Bobby will be around for the experience within the squad - they won’t be starters week in week out but players that can help develop others and to bring on during some games and also play in cup games etc. Bobby was playing well until the injury

We are not going to have a squad of 23 starters - it’s just doesn’t happen that way

Enough about this experience players helping the team tbh :mad:
      It's a 18 year old Stefan Bajcetic that trying his best to rescue this wrecking ship overloaded with experienced useless passengers ffs!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3269: Feb 27, 2023 12:17:02 am
      I'd move him on. I'm a huge fan but those wages better spent elsewhere and if this team is truly evolving then I think we need to let go of a few that could be holding us back.

That would be my concern about resigning Bobby. I assume we have a budget and thinking about best use of wages would be better investing in other areas of the team.

Think a lot of clubs be lining up to sign him and I think with his ability in the right place he still has 2 or 3 more years of top level football in. Just don't think it is here
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3270: Feb 27, 2023 08:15:48 am
      Unbelievable, just back from injury , just getting minutes in, and some folk still slag him off.

FFs. I give up.

Bobby aint the problem, the front line is pretty strong tbh. when all fit we have so many options.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3271: Feb 27, 2023 01:23:11 pm
      Yea it does seem like a waste of time to berate Bobby. He’s literally at the bottom of our list of problems right now. 
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Re: Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3272: Mar 04, 2023 02:22:53 pm
      Unbelievable, just back from injury , just getting minutes in, and some folk still slag him off.

FFs. I give up.

Bobby aint the problem, the front line is pretty strong tbh. when all fit we have so many options.
      I'm convinced some of the people on that forum are the same people we see on twitter. I.E., teens that play more FIFA than they watch actual football games.

For me, its the inability to look at things as a whole. That need to always isolate one player and blame him for a set of problems or all our problems. Usually, you'll also notice that this type of criticism from that type of person will be particularly virulent towards the forwards. It's no coincidence, it comes with the territory. If you watch football games the way you play FIFA then all you see is ''we didn't score enough goals, therefore let me direct my criticism at the players who are supposed to score those goals''. Of course, that way of looking at things blinds you from most if not all other problems a football team might have, including those who effectively cripple the forward's ability to score those goals you're so focused on.

For example, at the start of the season, I remember us still scoring goals (1 or 2 per game), but we constantly conceded first and allowed at least 2 per game. Somehow, the fact that we'd repeatedly lose games 3-2 or with similar score lines (with Nunez and Salah scoring one each) was seen by some as a forwards problem rather than a team problem in the middle of the park and defensive areas of the pitch. The underlying message is basically as ridiculous as ''We lost 3-2, but it's because Salah/Nunez/Bobby should've had a hat-trick instead of just scoring one! I saw it!! He missed a few times!!!

Just to put things into context. When your team allows 2 goals per game and after every game you're moaning about us not scoring by solely directing your anger and criticism at the forwards and completely ignoring the real problem, what you're asking for is what, about 3 goals a game? That would make for a 114 goals PL season. 85 (us), 83 (City) and 99 (City) is the number of goals scored in a season by the last three PL winners

Obviously, I'm not saying players can't be criticized individually as this would be ridiculous, but most of the time a team is heavily underperforming as we are this season it's rarely going to be as easy as pointing the finger at one or two players and act like you found the root of all the problems, least of all the forwards 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3273: Mar 05, 2023 09:30:00 am
      I'm convinced some of the people on that forum are the same people we see on twitter. I.E., teens that play more FIFA than they watch actual football games.

For me, its the inability to look at things as a whole. That need to always isolate one player and blame him for a set of problems or all our problems. Usually, you'll also notice that this type of criticism from that type of person will be particularly virulent towards the forwards. It's no coincidence, it comes with the territory. If you watch football games the way you play FIFA then all you see is ''we didn't score enough goals, therefore let me direct my criticism at the players who are supposed to score those goals''. Of course, that way of looking at things blinds you from most if not all other problems a football team might have, including those who effectively cripple the forward's ability to score those goals you're so focused on.

For example, at the start of the season, I remember us still scoring goals (1 or 2 per game), but we constantly conceded first and allowed at least 2 per game. Somehow, the fact that we'd repeatedly lose games 3-2 or with similar score lines (with Nunez and Salah scoring one each) was seen by some as a forwards problem rather than a team problem in the middle of the park and defensive areas of the pitch. The underlying message is basically as ridiculous as ''We lost 3-2, but it's because Salah/Nunez/Bobby should've had a hat-trick instead of just scoring one! I saw it!! He missed a few times!!!

Just to put things into context. When your team allows 2 goals per game and after every game you're moaning about us not scoring by solely directing your anger and criticism at the forwards and completely ignoring the real problem, what you're asking for is what, about 3 goals a game? That would make for a 114 goals PL season. 85 (us), 83 (City) and 99 (City) is the number of goals scored in a season by the last three PL winners

Obviously, I'm not saying players can't be criticized individually as this would be ridiculous, but most of the time a team is heavily underperforming as we are this season it's rarely going to be as easy as pointing the finger at one or two players and act like you found the root of all the problems, least of all the forwards 

Very true.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #3274: Apr 10, 2023 03:19:15 am
      Every time I see him on the pitch I just feel sad knowing he's gone at the end of the season. I'm really gonna miss Bobby.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #3275: Apr 10, 2023 06:32:03 am
      Bobby came on and scored a very important late goal yesterday, will be missed at the end of the season when he departs, from the club.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3276: Apr 10, 2023 10:32:54 am
      Still hoping for a change of heart ... and he stays. Football is a squad game. Our squad is already subpar ... even more so when Bob goes. I'll really miss him
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3277: Apr 10, 2023 11:28:24 am
      Really gonna miss this guy.
      Been the most fun and clutch player at the club in years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3278: Apr 10, 2023 02:46:05 pm
      His song after his goal yesterday was spine tingling
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #3279: Apr 10, 2023 03:04:02 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,965 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3280: Apr 10, 2023 03:23:36 pm

Am really puzzled as to why Bobby will be allowed to go at the end of the season, how many times has he saved our arses like yesterday?

His experience and skill are invaluable as much as Milner but in a different and just as valuable context.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #3281: Apr 10, 2023 03:29:05 pm
      Am really puzzled as to why Bobby will be allowed to go at the end of the season, how many times has he saved our arses like yesterday?

His experience and skill are invaluable as much as Milner but in a different and just as valuable context.

Because he wants to leave 🤷‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3282: Apr 10, 2023 03:39:14 pm

you just mention his name and it makes me smile. A unique talent and we will always remember him especially his no look goals.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3283: Apr 10, 2023 03:40:25 pm

he wants more football apparently and he is being offered a much lower offer for his new contract( not sure how much it is). I hope he has a change of heart.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3284: Apr 10, 2023 04:36:09 pm
      you just mention his name and it makes me smile. A unique talent and we will always remember him especially his no look goals.
      I love him. If I can pick a goal scorer, it will always be him. His goals bring so much joy to me. I love him 😔
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #3285: Apr 10, 2023 11:01:28 pm

He'll be badly missed.

I think the timing is right for both us and him but nonetheless he'll leave a huge hole
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3286: Apr 10, 2023 11:09:40 pm
      Impossible not to like Bobby. He will be missed as a player and person, but it's time to move on.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3287: Apr 11, 2023 10:12:39 am
      Because he wants to leave 🤷‍♂️

Yea, he has been quoted as saying time to let the young guns come through. His time is up.

Cant argue with that, Id love him to stay, but its his choice and it makes sense, its the start of a new Team/squad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3288: Apr 11, 2023 10:14:06 am

Just a silly side note, funny how footballers love to thanks god, fuk all to do with it mate, your hard work & dedication is all that matters.

Quick Reply