Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will finish in May?

1st.
      9 (13.6%)
      2nd - 4th
      35 (53%)
      5th - 7th
      22 (33.3%)
      8th and below.
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Aug 09, 2015 08:45:37 pm

Realistic expectation for 2015-16 season (Poll added)

Read 26920 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Realistic expectation for new season
      Reply #161: Aug 05, 2015 08:39:02 pm
      So, according to an article in the echo tonight nearly every journalist in the national rags has us finishing 5th. Also Danny Murphy the same and some dirty get called collymore.

Also, and randomly, 28 of 29 experts at the BBC have us finishing outside the top 4. The BBC have too many experts.

They're all gonna feel pretty damn stupid when we win the league.

;D

City are still poor defensively, UTD will lose a goalie and two strikers, Chelsea have not improved much on last season, Arsenal start poorly. We cant we win the league.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #162: Aug 05, 2015 08:46:56 pm
      Simple poll added based on European qualification, or not.

Closes on Sunday so be quick.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #163: Aug 05, 2015 08:48:34 pm

Difference this season will be Coquelin and Cech, something they haven't had since... forever! I actually think their spine is probably just as good as Chelsea's one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Re: Realistic expectation for new season (Poll added)
      Reply #164: Aug 05, 2015 08:56:57 pm
      Ive gone for 1st. Mainly because I support Liverpool and always hope for the best. So on we go, match by match, watching all the oppositions scores, praying we out do them week by week. Can't wait now, expectations high, and praying lady luck is with us, as well as a shed load of skill and talent.    :aaliverpoolwz0:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #165: Aug 05, 2015 09:06:45 pm

Can't Walt?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #166: Aug 05, 2015 09:38:27 pm
      Chavs might end up light up top if Costa out for extended period. Not sure the backup (Remy/Falcao) is title quality. And maybe the aging guys will creak at the back? Mourinho is top coach at getting results, but not sure my money would be on them.
      Shitty I'd expect to be strong. Quality players. Aquero, Silva, Toure ... Sterling :) And they have the experience. Will be tough to finish above them.
      Arsenal, should be stronger. Settled side. Cech in goals. Still light up front, don't think Giroud is 'top drawer' striker. But so many creative mid options.
      Manure, not sure about. Might be a striker short. Plus surprised no big CB signing. De Gea going will be huge, plus Van Gaal seems to be alienating some guys like Mata.
      We've lost SG and Sterling. Big shoes to fill. Really need Benteke to fire. And Ings/Origi to chip in. Hope not putting to much pressure on Cou, Firmino is a gamble, Lallana is not consistent and Marko is woeful. Ibe though could shine, and hopefully fullbacks will both improve on last year.
      Would also expect push from Spuds, Kane I think will keep scoring, they are more settled and have better work ethic recently. The opener against Utd will be very interesting, based on form would expect Spuds to really push them, but their record gainst Manure aint good.

So expect more from City, Arse, possibly even finishing ahead of Chavs, Manure, but IF ... big IF ... we can inject goals were we basically had f**k all last season, no reason why we can't really push for top4 ...

ps: might completely change views by coming Monday :)
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #167: Aug 05, 2015 09:53:20 pm
      I think we'll end up somewhere between 3rd - 5th. Unfortunately, there isn't that option on the vote, so I'll be optimistic 😎
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #168: Aug 05, 2015 10:02:25 pm
      I've gone for 5th - 7th because I think we'll just miss out on the top 4 but not by much. I'd like to think we'd give the Europa League a good shot though and I think we'll get to the final of the FA Cup this time around.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #169: Aug 05, 2015 10:20:22 pm
      Gotta make sure you keep your top players fit, doing their job and injury free..do that, with this new set of lads and new voices yelling from the touchline, we've a great chance of silverware this year.
      If you look at our calendar season, some months initially, on paper, look tougher than others..
      Take October for example ; Everton,Chelsea and Tottenham away with a home game against Southampton..Tough enough?
      or January ; West ham and Norwich away and the Arse and Man U at home?
      We didn't bury enough teams at home last year and we didn't pick up enough points from the , so called, top 4, home or away..

Like I said, with the new lads on board and a new belief, Gary Mac on the touchline injecting a bit of Scottish Scouse into our displays I'm as ever confident we can go places this year..

The Prem is a tw*t of a league, fall off at the start and you go into those winter months with a real battle on your hands trying  to keep up with the holy top 4 grail..
      Get off to a good start and who knows.. we could lead the race and surprise everyone... once again.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #170: Aug 05, 2015 10:20:42 pm
      5th for me, just think we lack the quality throughout the team for top 4, hope i am wrong
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,544 posts | 1482 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #171: Aug 05, 2015 10:20:44 pm
      I put 5th as I believe that's what we will most likely get, although.... I do have a sneaky feeling City might have a little crumble this year and finish outside the top 4... and we could take that spot.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #172: Aug 05, 2015 10:23:40 pm
      Between 2-4 I went for, I always say we can win it until maths say we can't, no reason to say any different, however I'm still as far as I know compus mentos and realise no 19 might prove a bridge too far this season,

Chavs are still favs, City & Arse could battle for the bridesmaids leaving us battling with the Munts & perhaps Spuds for 4th, having said that, our tough first 7 away fixtures could stand us in good stead and bring about a less taxing run in, it could even allow us to sneak into 3rd or dare I say 2nd depending how we fare against our rivals,

I've said it before, I got a real good feeling about this season, I'm sensing some very positive vibes, they were there in 13/14, not last season, but I can sense them for sure right now.

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #173: Aug 05, 2015 10:28:53 pm
      3rd minimum but I expect us to finish higher.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #174: Aug 05, 2015 10:43:02 pm
      Arsenal and Chelsea are guaranteed top 4. The other spaces are up for grabs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #175: Aug 06, 2015 09:49:11 am
      Difference this season will be Coquelin and Cech, something they haven't had since... forever! I actually think their spine is probably just as good as Chelsea's one.

Cech is a great keeper but he is not the Cech of 2005-2012. They still do not have a Tony Adams figure head in the team.
      time will tell but Chelsea's pre season has been woeful and beaten at home last night so I think this will be wide open this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1783 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #176: Aug 06, 2015 11:32:17 am
      38 1-0 stressful wins I'm sure we will all be happy with.

Ill take it any day. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1783 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #177: Aug 06, 2015 11:36:05 am
      Arsenal and Chelsea are guaranteed top 4. The other spaces are up for grabs.

Are they but ?

Chavski have a couple of crocks up front, the rat does not even know if his strikers are fit.

Arsenal always flatter to deceive, yes they have added a good goalie, but will that make a massive difference, and they always seem to have injury problems, Wiltshire is already injured.

City have an ageing squad, which they have tried to improve with sterling and delph, but I can see them being inconsistant.

Mancs well who knows with them, they have added some good players, but also are light up front if rooney gets injured.

I actually think nobody will be running away with it this year, can see a very close top 6.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #178: Aug 06, 2015 12:16:03 pm
      We will finish no higher than 4th I think due to Europa League distraction.

We won't win the EL either as we don't have enough players with experience in European cup competitions.

We might win the League Cup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #179: Aug 06, 2015 12:35:38 pm
      We will finish no higher than 4th I think due to Europa League distraction.

We won't win the EL either as we don't have enough players with experience in European cup competitions.

We might win the League Cup.

We haven't kicked a ball yet mate so anything is possible just seen the Aussies lose 9 wickets for 50 runs anything is possible.
      no way on Gods earth will we be as poor as last time we have bought Goals in Benteke and others Milner will provide good cover for the CB's I just feel all things considered this is a better balanced squad than last few seasons so at this point for me everything is up for grabs
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #180: Aug 06, 2015 12:40:22 pm
      Gut feeling is that it's going to be a disappointing start and a slow gradual climb up to 5th.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #181: Aug 06, 2015 12:45:36 pm
      Arsenal always flatter to deceive, yes they have added a good goalie, but will that make a massive difference, and they always seem to have injury problems, Wiltshire is already injured.

Arsenal have qualified for the UCL for something silly like nearly 20 years in a row. People always say "this year they'll be out" but it never happens. Obviously it will have to happen one day but they're very commonly underrated, particularly when they start the season with a defeat or a couple of bad results or if they're out of the top 4 after a few months. You may criticize their lack of ambition and all that, but Wenger does a great job of turning them into a regular, stable team always near the top. The problem for their fans is that they haven't made the jump to the very top in quite a while.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4933 
      Reply #182: Aug 06, 2015 12:55:22 pm
      I've went 2-4th.

My usual early season optimism is in full force right now.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #183: Aug 06, 2015 01:12:55 pm
      Beat all the teams that finished below us last season and get draws against teams above win the leauge!!

Win the league, why not? we have to go in there thinking realistically we can win the league as that's the mentallity needed to win the title. Chelsea were not the most exciting team and they win the league by believing they could win it. We should think we can beat every team as that confidence shows on the pitch, its not about the players you have its all about their mentallity. on paper we've had a better team than Arsenal yet they always get a top 4 place by believing they can.

Win the league.

Quick Reply