Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)

Read 35235 times
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,729 posts | 53 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread
      Reply #375: Oct 10, 2018 11:50:33 pm
      Anyone else think its the end of the road for his Liverpool career?

Just had a couple of huge snubs.

There has to be something between Klopp and Cylne cause he rarely makes the bench as Klopp seems to prefer Moreno for some odd reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a move out to get more playing time, I was always a fan of his and would be disappointed if we sold. I expect bit more rotation next few games so interested to see if he gets a game or two.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,285 posts | 3543 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #376: Oct 11, 2018 04:05:58 am
      Anyone else think its the end of the road for his Liverpool career?

Just had a couple of huge snubs.

Yep, far from good enough IMO. Can take Moreno with him too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,268 posts | 3309 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #377: Oct 11, 2018 06:05:56 am
      I think hes done. To not even be getting a start in the League Cup and then see the CB pairing of Virgil and Joe being reshuffled for Joe to replace Trent rather than play him suggests he's surplus.

If i'm being honest, the more I seen of him the less I rated him in a Klopp side. Lost count, per game, of how many of our attacks ended with him on the ball.

Like Si said i'd be looking to play elsewhere in a side better suited now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,420 posts | 2444 
      Reply #378: Oct 11, 2018 08:00:05 am
      I think hes done. To not even be getting a start in the League Cup and then see the CB pairing of Virgil and Joe being reshuffled for Joe to replace Trent rather than play him suggests he's surplus.

If i'm being honest, the more I seen of him the less I rated him in a Klopp side. Lost count, per game, of how many of our attacks ended with him on the ball.

Don’t disagree any of that Dave - the cover at LB being my only additional concern.

We know now that Bertie can’t be trusted......
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,485 posts | 261 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #379: Oct 11, 2018 09:00:37 am

He did start? I assume you mean there are no more games left in that?

But yeah fairly damming on him that Gomez went right back Sunday which effectively puts him as 3rd choice for the position now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,489 posts | 2998 
      Reply #380: Oct 11, 2018 01:06:57 pm
      No doubt Trent is much better than Clyne going forward but got to admit his crossing this season has mostly been abysmal.

Clyne currently is well ahead of Trent defensively but Klopp obviously feels that side of his game is easier to coach.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,420 posts | 2444 
      Reply #381: Oct 11, 2018 02:15:07 pm
      No doubt Trent is much better than Clyne going forward but got to admit his crossing this season has mostly been abysmal.

Clyne currently is well ahead of Trent defensively but Klopp obviously feels that side of his game is easier to coach.

I think TAA has really struggled so far - understandable that we will have dips at that age.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,760 posts | 3409 
      Reply #382: Oct 11, 2018 03:50:30 pm
      Don’t disagree any of that Dave - the cover at LB being my only additional concern.

We know now that Bertie can’t be trusted......

It's ok, rumors are that Bertie is going to Barcelona ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,217 posts | 256 
      Reply #383: Oct 11, 2018 03:55:51 pm
      Clyne is very solid defensively even if he does not offer much going forward and if he's willing to take a backup role he'd be a great option to have. While also having Gomez can make you think we're better off selling Clyne and using that money towards someone else, we only have 4 CBs with 2 of them (Lovren/Matip) being kind of injury prone, so there is not a ton of depth there so there is certainly a spot for him.

He's good enough where he could be a starter somewhere else, so i expect him this to be his last season with us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,420 posts | 2444 
      Reply #384: Oct 11, 2018 04:06:30 pm

Mad isn’t it.

I really like the lad and absolutely thought there was a player that first season but even in his best patch he’s a million miles from a) what we have and b) being a realistic alternative now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,053 posts | 1750 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #385: Oct 11, 2018 05:24:10 pm

Don't think it will really hapoen but i don't suspect jordi alba is losing any sleep
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,428 posts | 2272 
      Reply #386: Oct 11, 2018 06:09:15 pm
      Mad isn’t it.

I really like the lad and absolutely thought there was a player that first season but even in his best patch he’s a million miles from a) what we have and b) being a realistic alternative now.

Nowt between the ears isn't something a coach can fix.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,268 posts | 3309 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #387: Oct 12, 2018 04:43:22 pm
      He did start? I assume you mean there are no more games left in that?

Ha ha so he did. F**k everything I said and give him a new contract 😊

Seriously, I reckon he will be off if somebody comes in for him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,420 posts | 2444 
      Reply #388: Oct 12, 2018 05:26:33 pm
      Ha ha so he did. F**k everything I said and give him a new contract 😊

Seriously, I reckon he will be off if somebody comes in for him.

“Mystic Dave”........has the gift of NOT seeing into the past.......🧙🏽‍♂️
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 219 
      Reply #389: Oct 12, 2018 09:39:43 pm
      Not only did he start, he played well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #390: Nov 04, 2018 12:27:23 pm
      Whats the craic here is he injured?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,413 posts | 1183 
      Reply #391: Nov 04, 2018 01:10:29 pm
      Whats the craic here is he injured?

No idea but if he isn't he should be starting the next game ahead of Trent.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 190 
      • do do do
      Reply #392: Nov 07, 2018 05:41:01 am
      r u serious, the man had a club imposed year out of footy, it's now almost 2019 and people still think he has a future under klopp? put him in the sturridge, can, ings etc. category, his body is nothing like what klopp needs in his system, simple as. club will have spent months trying to work out how to get some money for him
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,364 posts | 2542 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #393: Nov 19, 2018 07:09:34 pm
      He’s not injured though is he?

Just doesn’t fit us. Can’t go forward and his distribution is painful. He’ll be off soon. West Ham seems a good fit.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 346 
      Reply #394: Nov 21, 2018 02:19:13 am
      He’s not injured though is he?

Just doesn’t fit us. Can’t go forward and his distribution is painful. He’ll be off soon. West Ham seems a good fit.

James Pearce did an article this week basically just saying this team has moved past him and his days are numbered.
      Little bit strange in that in Klopps first 2 season the only outfield player I think that would have played more than him would maybe be Firmino but he was basically an ever-present and TAA hasn’t been pulling up trees of late....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/writing-wall-nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-15428450
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,364 posts | 2542 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #395: Nov 21, 2018 05:08:14 am
      James Pearce did an article this week basically just saying this team has moved past him and his days are numbered.
      Little bit strange in that in Klopps first 2 season the only outfield player I think that would have played more than him would maybe be Firmino but he was basically an ever-present and TAA hasn’t been pulling up trees of late....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/writing-wall-nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-15428450

Not that strange. Especially with Mo essentially playing central from the right wing. We need an outlet and productivity from the right back - both things Clyne doesn’t offer.

If he goes we need another body coming in. An experienced head to push TAA would be excellent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,285 posts | 3543 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #396: Nov 22, 2018 02:52:26 am

If you are comparing the first part of Klopps reign to now then you’re mad. He missed virtually the whole of last season and like Lallana, the time he has been out has been a killer for him because we have moved on massively in that time. Not to mention Clyne has never even been that good for us, you say TAA hasn’t been pulling up trees of late, well I don’t recall Clyne ever pulling up trees. If you want mediocrity then him and Lallana are perfect.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #397: Dec 14, 2018 01:44:09 pm
      I'd put Milner against United, after that get Clyne back in. We need a real RB to cover TAA.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,217 posts | 256 
      Reply #398: Dec 16, 2018 06:08:51 pm
      Clyne isn’t an option, except for maybe the FA Cup.

So yes, I think Clyne is as irrelevant now as he was before the Gomez injury.

:lmao:

Clyne proving doubters wrong with a stellar performance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,489 posts | 2998 
      Reply #399: Dec 16, 2018 06:10:52 pm
      :lmao:

Clyne proving doubters wrong with a stellar performance.

I thought he might be rusty after such a long lay off but was top draw today.
      Good to have quality options.

Quick Reply