Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 22nd of March and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)

Read 33143 times
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,824 posts | 1502 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #540: Jan 06, 2019 07:58:21 pm
      I was trying to negotiate the conclusion of a difference of opinion with as much peace as possible, what were you trying to do with your comment?

Humour mixed with truth, that's all. Just a little observational comedy. Where you have opinions, I have my humour and where you have opinions I often find something humorous. And I even turn this humour on myself at times.

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #541: Jan 06, 2019 10:07:30 pm
      I agree, other than Fabinho who can cover RB? He's probably included Milner in that who is actually LB cover not right back. Putting Milner as RB is not only risky, it could end up with Moreno getting a lot of games for us if Robertson gets injured.

A lot of ifs and buts there Rip.

That would mean Trent, Gomez, Robertson and Fabinho all injured at the same time for Milner and Moreno to be the full backs.

Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #542: Jan 07, 2019 04:15:24 am
      A lot of ifs and buts there Rip.

That would mean Trent, Gomez, Robertson and Fabinho all injured at the same time for Milner and Moreno to be the full backs.
      disagree a bit, if Henderson got injured then Fabinho won't be available as defence cover. Then TAA gets injured and Milner covers, can Milner play 90 minutes every game? No, so we pull Gomez out of CB or play Moreno? Why did you put Robertson? There's no way Robertson would end up on the right. There's too many variables to consider actually.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 04:28:26 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #543: Jan 07, 2019 04:46:33 am
      Seems Clyne is saying he wanted out because he wasn't getting game time. Looks like Klopp let him leave because he wanted to, not because we couldn't use him. He's played his last game in a Liverpool shirt because his contract ends in May. If he didn't want to be here we couldn't really rely on him. I think Klopp did the right thing, we should be in the market for a good cover for TAA though. Milly will probably be off to Leeds in the summer with a PL league medal so it makes sense to get additional cover for TAA.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,002 posts | 1665 
      Reply #544: Jan 07, 2019 08:45:09 am
      It's the new narrative our resident trolls are trying to create.

They've been trying to run with it for months, but our pesky team keeps winning and spoiling their next attack line.

Now, after 1 league defeat, it gets dusted off and brought out again.

I assume you are referring to me, my criticism of loaning/selling Clyne and Solanke has nothing at all to do losing to Citeh, it has everything to do with not making any damned sense. I simply do not like weakening our squad and whatever way you look at it, unless we have youngsters primed and ready to hit the ground running in the PL OR transfers coming in who can slot neatly in then this weakens us. I'm amazed some of you guys do not understand this. Yes these guys were fringe, but sometime syou need your fringe players as we have already seen this season.

For the record I'm still VERY POSITIVE about Klopp and the team, I think we WILL WIN the league but I am disappointed about the midfield selection against Citeh and also weakening the squad, is that ok with you, is it allowed?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,002 posts | 1665 
      Reply #545: Jan 07, 2019 08:46:31 am
      Seems Clyne is saying he wanted out because he wasn't getting game time. Looks like Klopp let him leave because he wanted to, not because we couldn't use him. He's played his last game in a Liverpool shirt because his contract ends in May. If he didn't want to be here we couldn't really rely on him. I think Klopp did the right thing, we should be in the market for a good cover for TAA though. Milly will probably be off to Leeds in the summer with a PL league medal so it makes sense to get additional cover for TAA.

So Clyne forced his way out then, but will this loan lead to us getting some money in a future transfer, if not I'd still have told him to STFU and stay until Summer.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #546: Jan 07, 2019 08:57:24 am
      disagree a bit, if Henderson got injured then Fabinho won't be available as defence cover. Then TAA gets injured and Milner covers, can Milner play 90 minutes every game? No, so we pull Gomez out of CB or play Moreno? Why did you put Robertson? There's no way Robertson would end up on the right. There's too many variables to consider actually.

I included Robertson as you were talking about Moreno playing as well.

Exactly there are far too many variables but still would need quite a few injuries to players at full back and midfield for us the be left with only Milner and Moreno as cover.

Could happen? Yes.

Likely to? Not very.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #547: Jan 07, 2019 09:19:35 am
      So Clyne forced his way out then, but will this loan lead to us getting some money in a future transfer, if not I'd still have told him to STFU and stay until Summer.
      His contract expires in May, so it's not possible to get a fee.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,002 posts | 1665 
      Reply #548: Jan 07, 2019 09:23:34 am
      His contract expires in May, so it's not possible to get a fee.

so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team, then in the summer he can go wherever he wants.
      Unless he was a big disruptive element in the dressing room then I still cannot make any sense out of this, it leaves us exposed defensively and is reckless at best, stupid at worst. This is of course unless we have someone ready to take his slot who offers as much if not more, but I don't see who that would be, Clyne is after all a very experienced defender. Anyway lets hope we dont come to regret the decision.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #549: Jan 07, 2019 09:31:13 am
      so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team, then in the summer he can go wherever he wants.
      Unless he was a big disruptive element in the dressing room then I still cannot make any sense out of this, it leaves us exposed defensively and is reckless at best, stupid at worst. This is of course unless we have someone ready to take his slot who offers as much if not more, but I don't see who that would be, Clyne is after all a very experienced defender. Anyway lets hope we dont come to regret the decision.
      think it's the risk of disruption in the dressing room. Need positive vibes in there. Got no hard feelings towards him because he wasn't getting minutes much. His last game as a win against United and we will most likely be alright without him. We should be in the market for a new RB, we got money from Solanke so no reason why we can't. Milner will be off in summer to Leeds I reckon, so no harm in getting in replacements now.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,002 posts | 1665 
      Reply #550: Jan 07, 2019 09:32:42 am
      think it's the risk of disruption in the dressing room. Need positive vibes in there.

that is the unknown factor and pretty much the only reason you would let him leave now, OK I'll chalk it down to Clyne forcing a move and being a pr**k and move on :-)
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #551: Jan 07, 2019 09:34:03 am
      so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team

We have a manager who very much sees the human aspects of a footballers life as well and if Clyne expressed a desire to play regular football then Jürgen likely wanted what was best for the player and thought the impact on the squad can be coped with.

He treats players like human beings and we only see it from a fans viewpoint while those within the club have to look at the bigger picture.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #552: Jan 07, 2019 09:36:01 am
      that is the unknown factor and pretty much the only reason you would let him leave now, OK I'll chalk it down to Clyne forcing a move and being a pr**k and move on :-)
      at least Klopps got the clear on this one and it makes sense. Clyne gobbing off to the press did Klopp a favour.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #553: Jan 07, 2019 09:39:14 am
      We have a manager who very much sees the human aspects of a footballers life as well and if Clyne expressed a desire to play regular football then Jürgen likely wanted what was best for the player and thought the impact on the squad can be coped with.

He treats players like human beings and we only see it from a fans viewpoint while those within the club have to look at the bigger picture.
      yeah. I like how he treats people like humans and not just footballers actually. He's a better person than most managers, I think that's one reason why most players like him and want to be in the team.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,002 posts | 1665 
      Reply #554: Jan 07, 2019 09:39:18 am

I hope you are wrong that that's how Jürgen operates. His overriding priority must be the team and its overall strength, f**k some fringe player who wants to leave a few months before his contract expires, just tell him to shut up and do what he's paid to do, be ready to step in when needed and in the meantime work hard in training and try to win his place back.
      I suspect Klopp's weakness is that he is a bit to much Mr Nice, but in football you need to be tough, the very best managers always are, Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Ferguson, Maureen etc etc. None of them would have accepted weakening a squad's strength just so that a squad player can get some more game time.

The very best managers are excellent man managers, but that doesn't mean being soft and giving in to all their requests, it means being tough but fair, like a parent and always thinking of the team first, then the player.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #555: Jan 07, 2019 09:44:17 am
      I hope you are wrong that that's how Jürgen operates. His overriding priority must be the team and its overall strength, f**k some fringe player who wants to leave a few months before his contract expires, just tell him to shut up and do what he's paid to do, be ready to step in when needed and in the meantime work hard in training and try to win his place back.
      I suspect Klopp's weakness is that he is a bit to much Mr Nice, but in football you need to be tough, the very best managers always are, Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Ferguson, Maureen etc etc. None of them would have accepted weakening a squad's strength just so that a squad player can get some more game time.

The very best managers are excellent man managers, but that doesn't mean being soft and giving in to all their requests, it means being tough but fair, like a parent and always thinking of the team first, then the player.

I'm pretty sure I'm right but also he is far from Mr Nice as you put it.

He's tough when needed but very much sees the bigger picture and I guess Clyne has asked to leave, probably for a few months now, and Jürgen has looked at the squad and thought we can cope and has given him his wish.

You can be tough, have compassion and also manage the needs of the football club all at the same time you know.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #556: Jan 07, 2019 10:07:17 am

I get what you're saying, but Ferguson threw boots at his own players leading him to losing Beckham and Jose isn't that good at player retention either, players actually came out and said they will only stay because OGS is now manager. Clyne should have stayed until contract expired, but he was probably being a bad apple. I think there has to be a balance.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 10:12:56 am by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,821 posts | 3251 
      Reply #557: Jan 07, 2019 10:11:38 am
      He's gone he hasn't played since Moses was a lad ffs. we have cover thanks to that nice Mr Klopp who actually has a plan for the club.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #558: Jan 07, 2019 10:16:04 am

He's tough when needed but very much sees the bigger picture and I guess Clyne has asked to leave, probably for a few months now, and Jürgen has looked at the squad and thought we can cope and has given him his wish.

You can be tough, have compassion and also manage the needs of the football club all at the same time you know.
      I hope not, he was injured. If I were a manager and a player said can I leave whilst injured, I'd be miffed off. Hopefully Clyne asked earlier.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,512 posts | 3139 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #559: Jan 07, 2019 10:21:45 am
      https://mobile.twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1082191150331641856

Ha in other words, your style of play is sh*t Warnock and he didn’t want to play for you. Wasn’t a case of lacking class or whatever rubbish the clown was coming out with, he just didn’t want to play somewhere with a sh*t style of play.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,174 posts | 2294 
      Reply #560: Jan 07, 2019 10:28:15 am

Soft as sh*te with Sakho wasn’t he.

Flanno too.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,559 posts | 284 
      Reply #561: Jan 07, 2019 08:11:57 pm
      its evident that one thing we shouldnt be loaning out is defenders. Unless there is a plan to bring someone else in
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,824 posts | 1502 
      Reply #562: Jan 07, 2019 09:23:24 pm
      Camacho kinda proving why Clyne was surplus to requirements.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #563: Jan 07, 2019 09:38:25 pm

Yep.

Almost as I've people in the club have a bit of an idea what they're doing.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,100 posts | 206 
      Reply #564: Jan 08, 2019 11:30:03 am

Don't think you were watching the same game as me. Camacho is no doubt a promising kid, but he showed last night he is not ready for the first team yet. His positioning and reading of the game were all over the place.

Speaking of which, did you notice our LB? How the f**k is a liability like Moreno STILL at our club, while a solid FB like Clyne is surplus to requirements?

I felt sorry for Milner last night. The guy was having to try and cover 4 different positions at once - CM, CB and both full backs. How anybody can interpret that game as showing that we were surplus an experienced defender is beyond me. Quite clearly we are short at least one full back (and with Lovren injured we need a CB too).
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,824 posts | 1502 
      Reply #565: Jan 08, 2019 12:05:35 pm
      Don't think you were watching the same game as me. Camacho is no doubt a promising kid, but he showed last night he is not ready for the first team yet. His positioning and reading of the game were all over the place.

Speaking of which, did you notice our LB? How the f**k is a liability like Moreno STILL at our club, while a solid FB like Clyne is surplus to requirements?

I felt sorry for Milner last night. The guy was having to try and cover 4 different positions at once - CM, CB and both full backs. How anybody can interpret that game as showing that we were surplus an experienced defender is beyond me. Quite clearly we are short at least one full back (and with Lovren injured we need a CB too).

If we were short at full back, it was on the left hand side.

We didn't miss Clyne at right back at all.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,100 posts | 206 
      Reply #566: Jan 08, 2019 12:20:56 pm

We didn't miss Clyne at right back at all.

Sorry, but you are kidding yourself. We could have done with a Clyne on both sides last night.

Like I said in a post a couple of days ago - there must be some non purely footballing reason why Jürgen let Clyne go. Ok, so be it, but we now need to buy a full back. I am sure Jürgen knew this already. But if he didn't, he sure as f**k knows it after last night. I don't know how you can interpret what we saw last night in the opposite way.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #567: Jan 08, 2019 12:46:14 pm
      Yet Clyne can actually play left back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,174 posts | 2294 
      Reply #568: Jan 08, 2019 12:51:02 pm
      Sorry, but you are kidding yourself. We could have done with a Clyne on both sides last night.

Like I said in a post a couple of days ago - there must be some non purely footballing reason why Jürgen let Clyne go. Ok, so be it, but we now need to buy a full back. I am sure Jürgen knew this already. But if he didn't, he sure as f**k knows it after last night. I don't know how you can interpret what we saw last night in the opposite way.

Disagree entirely re Clyne.

We have enough on the right for me and we need a lb who can really attack.

Our whole team now sets up to overload one side or another and that’s not his natural game on the right never mind the left.

Moreno did play like he was trying to show he was pissed off - looked like just did his own thing to me but his poor show doesn’t make Clyne a better left back than he actually is.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,567 posts | 1285 
      Reply #569: Jan 08, 2019 12:55:29 pm
      Disagree entirely re Clyne.

We have enough on the right for me and we need a lb who can really attack.

Our whole team now sets up to overload one side or another and that’s not his natural game on the right never mind the left.

Moreno did play like he was trying to show he was pissed off - looked like just did his own thing to me but his poor show doesn’t make Clyne a better left back than he actually is.
      Surely it would have been more sensible to loan Clyne out after the FA cup game though?

Quick Reply