Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 104779 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)
      Jul 01, 2015 12:04:16 pm
      Official.

Liverpool sign Nathaniel Clyne
      1st Jul 2015 - Latest News

Author: Chris Shaw @shawct
      Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm that a deal has been completed to sign England international defender Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

The 24-year-old full-back has penned a long-term contract with the Reds to become the sixth new player at Anfield so far this summer.

Clyne made 94 Barclays Premier League appearances during the past three seasons, after switching to the south coast side in 2012.

He was a goalscorer for Southampton at Anfield on the opening weekend of the last campaign, blasting into the Kop end net in a 2-1 defeat.

His consistent form earned international recognition and Clyne made his England debut against Slovenia in November 2014. He has five caps in total.

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

Clyne follows James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino in agreeing transfers to Liverpool ahead of next season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187852-liverpool-sign-nathaniel-clyne

Hopefully he can cement down that RB spot for long years to come. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2020 10:25:12 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2015 12:08:27 pm
      Sure I've just seen him on Tithebarn Street.

Welcome to the club, decent signing I reckon.
      Bier
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2015 12:08:43 pm
      Good signing, welcome Nathaniel!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2015 12:08:46 pm
      Official.

1st Jul 2015 - Latest News

Author: Chris Shaw @shawct
      Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm that a deal has been completed to sign England international defender Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

The 24-year-old full-back has penned a long-term contract with the Reds to become the sixth new player at Anfield so far this summer.

Clyne made 94 Barclays Premier League appearances during the past three seasons, after switching to the south coast side in 2012.

He was a goalscorer for Southampton at Anfield on the opening weekend of the last campaign, blasting into the Kop end net in a 2-1 defeat.

His consistent form earned international recognition and Clyne made his England debut against Slovenia in November 2014. He has five caps in total.

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

Clyne follows James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino in agreeing transfers to Liverpool ahead of next season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187852-liverpool-sign-nathaniel-clyne

Hopefully he can cement down that RB spot for long years to come. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      beat me to it!! haha great news welcome our new no2
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2015 12:10:07 pm
      beat me to it!! haha great news welcome our new no2

Yeah, I just made a quick post to say it was confirmed, then went and modified it to make it look better! :lmao:

Been ages since I started a player thread, though, was lucky they confirmed this deal during my lunch hour! :D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2015 12:10:35 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Jul 01, 2015 12:13:02 pm
      Delighted with this signing, welcome to Liverpool Football Club Nathaniel  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Awesome leaning in those pics too xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #7: Jul 01, 2015 12:14:25 pm
      Boss signing, absolutely made up with this.

Welcome to the club Clyne lad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Jul 01, 2015 12:21:59 pm
      Decent signing I reckon, welcome to the club.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2015 12:37:09 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Nathaniel.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2015 12:56:08 pm
      Nathaniel Clyne hails £12.5 million Liverpool move as “a dream”

Jack Lusby on Jul 1, 2015

After joining Liverpool in a reported £12.5 million move on Wednesday, Nathaniel Clyne spoke of his happiness on moving to Anfield, with an eye for trophies.

Liverpool confirmed the signing of Nathaniel Clyne on Wednesday, with the 24-year-old joining on a “long-term contract” following a reported £12.5 million transfer from Southampton.

The England international brings established Premier League pedigree to Brendan Rodgers‘ defence, as well as huge potential to develop.

On the switch to Merseyside, Clyne declared: “It’s a dream move for me.”

“I’m happy to have signed for Liverpool,” he said.

“I’m delighted and it’s a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club like Liverpool with all of its history. I can’t wait to get started.”

He continued: “As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through. Everything went well, so I am happy.”

Like fellow new signing Joe Gomez, Clyne referenced Rodgers’ input in sealing the deal.

“It’s a club that I like the way they play and their style. The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think.

“It’s definitely a good opportunity to come here and try and fulfil my potential.

“[Rodgers] works with young players and helps them progress. I still think there is a lot to come from me and hopefully he can bring the best out of me.

“He’s said he can do one-on-ones with me if it helps and do individual training sessions. I’m looking forward to it.

“I am going to work hard to try and get myself into the team and be the best player I can be.”

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, September 27, 2014: Liverpool's Adam Lallana in action against Everton during the Premier League match at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Clyne also pointed to former Southampton team-mate Adam Lallana as a key figure in making the move to Liverpool, after spending some time with him in America over the summer:

We spoke a lot. He said he wanted me to sign and I said if the deal moves along and gets done, I’d be with him as a teammate once again.

We enjoyed our time over there in America – it was brilliant.

He said it’s a good club – a big club with a huge fan base. He said the team is good and a good bunch of lads. He told me I’d be made to feel welcome if I joined.

Like any self-respecting player, Clyne is targeting trophies after the move from St. Mary’s, and believes Liverpool have a chance in the upcoming 2015/16 season.

“You can see we’ve got the players to do it,” he said.

“I’m sure with all the competitions we’re going into this year, we’ll be going into them looking to try and win them.

“That’s where I want to be – I want to be competing for all the titles and trophies that are available.

“Hopefully we can have a good season and come out of it with some silverware.”
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/07/nathaniel-clyne-hails-12-5-million-liverpool-move-as-a-dream/

Welcome to the club, a great signing by what I can tell.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11: Jul 01, 2015 01:10:29 pm
      teams filling out with british talent
      lallana
      clyne
      hendo
      milner
      ibe
      sterling
      wisdom
      gomez
      sturridge
      allen

think we've got our quota boxed off  ;D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #12: Jul 01, 2015 01:10:55 pm
      Best transfer so far of the windows so far in my opinion, the right-back was a problem for us, solved with this transfer.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #13: Jul 01, 2015 01:12:57 pm
      Best transfer so far of the windows so far in my opinion, the right-back was a problem for us, solved with this transfer.
      now to sell enrique and get some competition for Moreno
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2015 01:13:03 pm
      Made up with this signing!

Best RB in the league IMO.

Welcome Nathaniel.

YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15: Jul 01, 2015 01:13:43 pm
      Welcome kid - makes us proud.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2015 01:14:28 pm
      teams filling out with british talent
      lallana
      clyne
      hendo
      milner
      ibe
      sterling
      wisdom
      gomez
      sturridge
      allen

think we've got our quota boxed off  ;D

Safe to say you can scratch Sterling off that list.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Jul 01, 2015 01:15:08 pm
      Im happy if your all happy  :-*

Great signing
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18: Jul 01, 2015 01:15:35 pm
      Safe to say you can scratch Sterling off that list.

Not so sure. I think if he'd have been going City would have already had this wrapped up.

One thing we can't do is sell him at the end of the window with no replacement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Jul 01, 2015 01:25:39 pm
      BOOM!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #20: Jul 01, 2015 01:29:37 pm
      Good signing.

A very good player. Has potential to become world class.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Jul 01, 2015 01:38:06 pm
      Welcome.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Jul 01, 2015 02:02:02 pm
      Great signing with the advantage that the Owl does not rate him so less chance of getting Hodged.

Quick Reply