Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 104760 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 02, 2015 01:34:16 am
      Delighted with this.

Welcome to the club Nate!

WELCOME  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #47: Jul 02, 2015 07:19:54 am
      A    very good    signing  ....he wil be one of our key player.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #48: Jul 02, 2015 08:27:42 am
      must feel pretty good knowing you're coming in as number 1 right back. has it all ahead of him to have a long Liverpool career. welcome to the club old mate, here's to success for you and us!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #49: Jul 02, 2015 01:32:58 pm
      Utd fan on perfect player Nathaniel Clyne
      :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jul 02, 2015 04:00:45 pm
      Utd fan on perfect player Nathaniel Clyne

Lucas <3
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #51: Jul 02, 2015 09:43:34 pm
      Sound signing as long as he doesn't choke like his ex team mate Lovren. Quality that can't handle the big club theme.
      Having said that, I'm just so glad that Johnson is gone, Clyne has to be an improvement there.
      Welcome to Anfield Nathaniel, and I hope you have many successful, trophy laden years ahead.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #52: Jul 02, 2015 10:29:00 pm
      Must be the only transfer where nobody has moaned about any aspect of it
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #53: Jul 02, 2015 10:33:57 pm

Need Filled, Player, Price, Speed of Transfer

Nathan checked all the boxes.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #54: Jul 02, 2015 11:03:52 pm
      If he's anywhere as good as Finnan then i'll be made up , get Flanno fit to cover or get him over on the left if need be .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #55: Jul 03, 2015 02:04:42 am
      If he's anywhere as good as Finnan then i'll be made up , get Flanno fit to cover or get him over on the left if need be .

I loved Finnan. It was funny as hell when they couldn't even locate him for the Istanbul reunion event haha the guy has gone completely away from football, which is perhaps one of the reasons so few non-LFC supporters seem to remember him.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #56: Jul 03, 2015 08:30:44 am

i'm gonna be an asshole here...

Everyone knows he'll be at least 18 million.

Don't get your expectations high guys, he is highly wanted by Manchester United and he will choose them over us same as depay. United need a RB too so I wouldn't be excited to be honest.

If you're interested, just pay the premium and get the player

we bid 10mil they want another 5 so pay it!

I just know Ian Ayres is going to f**k up this transfer! Clyne would be a player that would actually improve the team, so well probably f**k about haggling over the price, then the Mancs or Chelsea will swoop in and pay the asking price.

This is getting ridiculous! Just pay the asking price and get it done! A really decent player and exactly what we require! The f**king TC paid 20m for Lovren who we didn't even need, yet they're fumbling around for a player that is needed. What a bunch of tossers!

The deal should have been wrapped up weeks ago. When will we learn to stop f**king around. Get these f**king owners out.

If Southampton want 15m then just f**king pay it. Not going to happen, ill donate a score to the forum if it does...

Chavs, Arsenal or Utd will come in and get him - however, if he comes here at this time I would think the guy is mad.

if you recognise one of these lines as your own..... you're a silly duffer!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #57: Jul 03, 2015 09:54:45 am
       :roll:

First and foremost - Nathaniel is fine footballer; one of the best right-backs in England. Personally, I'm glad we have signed him for this reason alone...

None of that [his ability] would have changed had he have been free, £5m, £10m, or £20m.

There appears to be a seed change in approach - players identified and deals done nice n early; buy now, sell later.

Most, right minded, Reds will be content with this appraoch - it's what we have been asking for after all.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Jul 03, 2015 10:33:50 am
      Made up with this, top player at a great price.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #59: Jul 03, 2015 06:02:31 pm
      I loved Finnan. It was funny as hell when they couldn't even locate him for the Istanbul reunion event haha the guy has gone completely away from football, which is perhaps one of the reasons so few non-LFC supporters seem to remember him.

As solid and dependable as you can get was Steve Finnan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Jul 03, 2015 06:27:15 pm
      i'm gonna be an asshole here...

Everyone knows he'll be at least 18 million.

Don't get your expectations high guys, he is highly wanted by Manchester United and he will choose them over us same as depay. United need a RB too so I wouldn't be excited to be honest.

If you're interested, just pay the premium and get the player

we bid 10mil they want another 5 so pay it!

I just know Ian Ayres is going to f**k up this transfer! Clyne would be a player that would actually improve the team, so well probably f**k about haggling over the price, then the Mancs or Chelsea will swoop in and pay the asking price.

This is getting ridiculous! Just pay the asking price and get it done! A really decent player and exactly what we require! The f**king TC paid 20m for Lovren who we didn't even need, yet they're fumbling around for a player that is needed. What a bunch of tossers!

The deal should have been wrapped up weeks ago. When will we learn to stop f**king around. Get these f**king owners out.

If Southampton want 15m then just f**king pay it. Not going to happen, ill donate a score to the forum if it does...

Chavs, Arsenal or Utd will come in and get him - however, if he comes here at this time I would think the guy is mad.

if you recognise one of these lines as your own..... you're a silly duffer!

Yep not 1 complaint about the player there
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #61: Jul 07, 2015 11:30:34 pm
      Nathan Clyne is gonna be this years Charlie Adams isn't he?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Jul 08, 2015 04:15:48 am
      Yep not 1 complaint about the player there

but i was challenging the idea that not one person complained about any part of the transfer. it's incredible to me that even a transfer like this, which took no time, relatively, still had whiners and people clamoring for daily updates without having the foresight to just sit back and realise it was all going smoothly.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #63: Jul 16, 2015 09:42:26 pm
      Good signing.Fast,young lad.An improvement for our full-back positions.Between him,a fit Flanagan and a sharper Moreno we should be  more confident there.

As a side note,I am kind of bothered about us picking Southampton apart.Taking their striker,midfield,CB and now a fullback...Makes us look like a bully bigger side dismantling a humbler team that had done wonders with these players.Just a side note.I´m a sucker for underdogs (which makes me love Liverpool more by the way haha).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #64: Aug 09, 2015 11:24:18 pm
      Hasn't got much of a mention today but I thought he had a very good competitive debut. It was great to have a proper RB on the field for us and he pretty much shut down everything that came down his side. Also that nod behind when he got slightly caught out was absolutely fantastic.

Well played Nat!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: Aug 10, 2015 12:16:55 am
      Hasn't got much of a mention today but I thought he had a very good competitive debut. It was great to have a proper RB on the field for us and he pretty much shut down everything that came down his side. Also that nod behind when he got slightly caught out was absolutely fantastic.

Well played Nat!

Agree! Thought Clyne was our best defender today. His positioning is very smart and he's as solid as they come when it comes to 1v1 situations. He was an obvious signing to make, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an astute addition.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Aug 10, 2015 12:34:50 am
      It's early days but I can't tell you how relieved I am after 6 years to finally have a proper defending right full back at the club again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Aug 10, 2015 10:59:45 am
      Lad did well even though most of their play was down our left.  He still had to be on his toes and he didn't disappoint.  It's refreshing to have a solid right side of the defence.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Aug 10, 2015 11:04:14 am
      Lad did well even though most of their play was down our left.  He still had to be on his toes and he didn't disappoint.  It's refreshing to have a solid right side of the defence.

You're not kidding!

Quick Reply