Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 104774 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #506: Jan 06, 2019 04:41:10 pm
      sorry to double quote you, but he was not 4th choice. Milly is Robbo's backup not TAA. 3rd choice behind Fabinho?

Then how come Milner has played at RB ahead of Clyne every time apart from the Manc game? Clyne wasn’t injured every time. Clyne played well against the Mancs but it was Milner straight back in to that role the following game. He only played vs the Mancs because Milly was injured.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #507: Jan 06, 2019 04:42:33 pm
      Well people questioned selling Coutinho and not replacing him, yes we got in VVD but in terms of firepower, it looked as though we had significantly weakened us. As it goes though, we instantly looked better without him as a team and scored just as many goals, so I think Klopp knows what he’s doing and has earned himself credit for people to not be getting so hot under the collar about selling a 4th choice RB that’s played a few times in 2 years, a 5th choice striker who hasn’t played a single game this season and only managed 1 goal in 27 and potentially selling the 4th choice striker that has played 2 part games in 2 years for us.

So I’m inclined to say no, I’m not going to question him.

All this just seems like such a needless overreaction.

The issue is with clyne is the timing. With both gomez and matip options at the back are very thin. Milner played at rb v Bournemouth. as clyne was out. As it stands if something happens to trent you have milly or fabinho filling in with young hoever as back up. As for origi, back up for bobby is studge who is danger of getting a campaign medal for staying fit for so longer. Then you are looking at brewster who hasn't got back into full training yet. Why risk leaving yourself short ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #508: Jan 06, 2019 04:48:07 pm
      The issue is with clyne is the timing. With both gomez and matip options at the back are very thin. Milner played at rb v Bournemouth. as clyne was out. As it stands if something happens to trent you have milly or fabinho filling in with young hoever as back up. As for origi, back up for bobby is studge who is danger of getting a campaign medal for staying fit for so longer. Then you are looking at brewster who hasn't got back into full training yet. Why risk leaving yourself short ?

But it’s players that haven’t been involved properly for 2 years.
      I get what you are saying but I don’t know why people are expecting such a big injury crisis to happen where we lose a load of defenders again, Half the midfield and half the attack. Which in all honesty, is needed for them to all actually be used because Klopp has shown he will just alter a regular players position to cover if possible and to be honest it’s worked.
      Also in all honesty, if we have a big injury crisis where we need all the likes of Clyne, Origi, Solanke etc, it would mean we’ve lost a significant number of key players to which if that happens, we aren’t winning anything.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #509: Jan 06, 2019 04:51:57 pm
      But it’s players that haven’t been involved properly for 2 years.
      I get what you are saying but I don’t know why people are expecting such a big injury crisis to happen where we lose a load of defenders again, Half the midfield and half the attack. Which in all honesty, is needed for them to all actually be used because Klopp has shown he will just alter a regular players position to cover if possible and to be honest it’s worked.
      Also in all honesty, if we have a big injury crisis where we need all the likes of Clyne, Origi, Solanke etc, it would mean we’ve lost a significant number of key players to which if that happens, we aren’t winning anything.

Remember the end of last season when in the cl final we brought on lallana and can who had hardly figured through injury. Why risk it ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #510: Jan 06, 2019 04:56:43 pm
      Remember the end of last season when in the cl final we brought on lallana and can who had hardly figured through injury. Why risk it ?

And look how well that went bringing on Lallana?! He made no difference at all, he was poor. So why do people really think the likes of Solanke, Clyne and possibly Origi leaving now is actually going to make any difference if we are that short on players that we actually need them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #511: Jan 06, 2019 05:06:52 pm
      And look how well that went bringing on Lallana?! He made no difference at all, he was poor. So why do people really think the likes of Solanke, Clyne and possibly Origi leaving now is actually going to make any difference if we are that short on players that we actually need them.

Lallana had actually been injured and so in no way was prepared for anything other tgan a bit part role. You need strength in depth to compete. Because we haven't been challenging regularly for so long people can't see this and we see this bullshit about prioritising one competition over another
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #512: Jan 06, 2019 05:13:34 pm
      Lallana had actually been injured and so in no way was prepared for anything other tgan a bit part role. You need strength in depth to compete. Because we haven't been challenging regularly for so long people can't see this and we see this bullshit about prioritising one competition over another
      Some players hit the ground running, Lallana takes a lot of games to get good again but we have no room for him to get those games. Rather have loaned him out than Clyne. Prioritising is because it's better to win one trophy than runner up in 3.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #513: Jan 06, 2019 05:20:32 pm
      Some players hit the ground running, Lallana takes a lot of games to get good again but we have no room for him to get those games. Rather have loaned him out than Clyne. Prioritising is because it's better to win one trophy than runner up in 3.

Or runner up in 1 and nowhere to be seen in the other 3
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #514: Jan 06, 2019 05:57:15 pm
      I'm more amazed that Klopp granted him a move, he should have said shut the f**k up, sit there on the bench and if I need you then I expect you to play your part then in the summer you can go wherever you want.

Is Klopp really this weak?

Yes Klopp is that weak :roll:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #515: Jan 06, 2019 06:03:48 pm
      sorry to double quote you, but he was not 4th choice. Milly is Robbo's backup not TAA. 3rd choice behind Fabinho?

Yet Milner played there when TAA and Gomez were out injured.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #516: Jan 06, 2019 06:04:48 pm

It's the new narrative our resident trolls are trying to create.

They've been trying to run with it for months, but our pesky team keeps winning and spoiling their next attack line.

Now, after 1 league defeat, it gets dusted off and brought out again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #517: Jan 06, 2019 06:05:19 pm
      Yet Milner played there when TAA and Gomez were out injured.
      Milner played RB, not left back recently yes, but still. Think Clyne should be above Milner for RB. Clyne can play either side. If we end up with Moreno covering Robinson tomorrow, don't say I didn't tell you so.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2019 06:10:20 pm by Ribapuru »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #518: Jan 06, 2019 06:11:28 pm
      Milner played RB, not left back recently yes. Clyne can play either side. If we end up with Moreno covering Robinson tomorrow, don't say I didn't tell you so.

So, Milner played RB recently (and has done before) and spent much of a season playing LB, and your argument is that Clyne can also play LB but somehow Milner can't.

:laugh:

Crap trolling
      1/10
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #519: Jan 06, 2019 06:13:17 pm
      So, Milner played RB recently (and has done before) and spent much of a season playing LB, and your argument is that Clyne can also play LB but somehow Milner can't.

:laugh:

Crap trolling
      1/10
      Milner isn't a real defender and Clyne is, it's that simple.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #520: Jan 06, 2019 06:13:39 pm
      Milner played RB, not left back recently yes, but still. Think Clyne should be above Milner for RB. Clyne can play either side. If we end up with Moreno covering Robinson tomorrow, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I’m confused but if Robbo got injured why wouldn’t Milner cover
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #521: Jan 06, 2019 06:16:56 pm
      Milner isn't a real defender and Clyne is, it's that simple.

He's not a real defender?

Have his legs gone as well, y'know, him being over 30?

Not a real defender but he played at LB for pretty much a whole season and has played RB many times in his career?

Clyne is a "real defender" and yet somehow Milner is played ahead of him near enough every time?

Keep going Barry, this is brilliant stuff.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #522: Jan 06, 2019 06:37:21 pm

Not a real defender but he played at LB for pretty much a whole season and has played RB many times in his career?

Clyne is a "real defender" and yet somehow Milner is played ahead of him near enough every time?

what did we win in that year when Milner was at LB all season?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #523: Jan 06, 2019 06:41:56 pm
      what did we win in that year when Milner was at LB all season?

Barry, you're really going to have to up your trolling game.

This is a very silly argument.

What have we won with Clyne at RB?

Come to that, how many trophies has Clyne won compared to Milner (hint, it's fewer trophies).
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #524: Jan 06, 2019 06:51:28 pm

The first valid point was about Milners age. We're one TAA injury away from having a 33 year old who is getting a bit leggy now, go into the first team as a RB, unless Gomez goes there and you want Lovren or Matip in the middle.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #525: Jan 06, 2019 06:53:35 pm
      Doesn't Fab play right back for  Brazil ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #526: Jan 06, 2019 06:55:05 pm
      The first valid point was about Milners age. We're one TAA injury away from having a 33 year old who is getting a bit leggy now, go into the first team as a RB, unless Gomez goes there and you want Lovren or Matip in the middle.

All hail Barry, arbiter of valid points and moral outrage.

Milner is perfectly capable of filling in at RB as well you know.
      So is Gomez.
      So is Fabinho (who you conveniently left out)

Find something else to troll about, because you've lost the plot here and are just embarrassing yourself.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #527: Jan 06, 2019 07:03:26 pm
      Doesn't Fab play right back for  Brazil ?

Yep and Henderson has played there before as well. This whole Clyne thing is just an opportunity to moan for the usual suspects.

He's  played about as much as Ings has for us over the last season and a half. He's simply surplus to requirements.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #528: Jan 06, 2019 07:03:49 pm
      All hail Barry, arbiter of valid points and moral outrage.

Milner is perfectly capable of filling in at RB as well you know.
      So is Gomez.
      So is Fabinho (who you conveniently left out)

Find something else to troll about, because you've lost the plot here and are just embarrassing yourself.
      I'm not embarrassed about my opinion, you have a lot of faith in Milner, that's good.. however personally in my opinion I don't think he has the stamina to play 90 minutes in a lot of games anymore. We'll see what happens anyway. I'd have kept Clyne and you wouldn't have. Let's just agree on that.

Quick Reply