Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 104789 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #529: Jan 06, 2019 07:07:32 pm
      I'm not embarrassed about my opinion, you have a lot of faith in Milner, that's good.. however personally in my opinion I don't think he has the stamina to play 90 minutes in a lot of games anymore. We'll see what happens anyway. I'd have kept Clyne and you wouldn't have. Let's just agree on that.

Milner's probably the fittest guy in the whole squad with a stamina perhaps only Mo Farah can better! You don't know what you're talking about.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #530: Jan 06, 2019 07:12:19 pm
      I'm not embarrassed about my opinion, you have a lot of faith in Milner, that's good.. however personally in my opinion I don't think he has the stamina to play 90 minutes in a lot of games anymore. We'll see what happens anyway. I'd have kept Clyne and you wouldn't have. Let's just agree on that.

Well, you should be embarrassed about most of the sh*te you post.

Now, where is your proof that Milner lacks the stamina.
      Which of the LFC coaching metrics do you have access to, and how did you interpret the data?

Why do you consistently overlook Fabinho?
      Is it because it doesn't fit this trolling you think is so clever?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #531: Jan 06, 2019 07:15:09 pm

You do know that Milner has tested to be the fittiest in tHe squad 
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #532: Jan 06, 2019 07:20:03 pm
      Milner isn't a real defender and Clyne is, it's that simple.
      Yes milner is no real defender, People talk about his age, Age talks a toll and he is slowing down, I'm would not be surprised if Leeds get promoted; next season we see Milner leave Liverpool for them... Guessing the reason we see Milner a head of Clyne is fitness... And maybe some here should remember how poor he was against City last time. Had he been up against Sane we would have lost by a few more goals, of that i am sure...

As for playing, LB.RB... What you have done in the past even a couple of seasons ago it does hold you in good stead know that you have done it before, but it does not mean that you can perform that task as well as you did a couples seasons back

I am no great supporter of Clyne, never ever thought that he was as good as some here felt,But  this stage of the season, with the injuries we are carrying, we should have held on to him...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #533: Jan 06, 2019 07:28:46 pm

But your predictions and opinions are wrong so often,  you're like a Nostradumbass.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #534: Jan 06, 2019 07:31:22 pm
      I'd probably have kept Clyne. Dom and Divock haven't had much game time either, but more than that, imho don't think they are as good in their positions, as Clyne is in his.
      Sure Milner, or even Fab 'could' fill in at FB, but they are regular midfielders, and having one of them fill in there would leave us a guy light in the middle.
      But we don't know what the club have in mind. I'm assuming now - after letting 3 players go - that we're definitely going to make *at least* one signing in Jan. Someone who will properly compete for a starting place.Think a quality signing would give the squad a lift, and make a statement, heading into the 2nd half of an absolutely MASSIVE 2nd half of the season.
      We're in the driving seat to win our first title in @30 years, so would hope the club will do everything they can to maximise our chances of pushing on, and closing it out. Winning is a habit, so we *need* that first trophy [for this squad] ...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #535: Jan 06, 2019 07:31:28 pm
      Doesn't Fab play right back for  Brazil ?

Fab could, but does it not take away what he brings in midfield...?  AS some here forget that Gomez is injured and there is no grantee he will be back early?On time/ or at all... How many players have picked up injuries seemingly recovered only to have set  backs or be re-injured...? that.s why I am saying we need a CB in this window...

Rib is right... If TAA gets injured, and Matip and Gomez are not fit for the first leg vs Bayern we could see our back four looking like this...
                                       Milner   Fab'   Lovren   Robertson

V.S.

BAYERN MUNICH
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #536: Jan 06, 2019 07:39:46 pm
      Thought we had gone past the 'he can do a job there ' sort of attitude.  Short term yes but over a couple of months even the smallest details can count against you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #537: Jan 06, 2019 07:41:24 pm
      But your predictions and opinions are wrong so often,  you're like a Nostradumbass.

I wish I could give this 1000 plus's

Brilliant.
       :laugh:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #538: Jan 06, 2019 07:50:10 pm
      I was trying to negotiate the conclusion of a difference of opinion with as much peace as possible, what were you trying to do with your comment?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #539: Jan 06, 2019 07:58:21 pm
      I was trying to negotiate the conclusion of a difference of opinion with as much peace as possible, what were you trying to do with your comment?

Humour mixed with truth, that's all. Just a little observational comedy. Where you have opinions, I have my humour and where you have opinions I often find something humorous. And I even turn this humour on myself at times.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #540: Jan 06, 2019 10:07:30 pm
      I agree, other than Fabinho who can cover RB? He's probably included Milner in that who is actually LB cover not right back. Putting Milner as RB is not only risky, it could end up with Moreno getting a lot of games for us if Robertson gets injured.

A lot of ifs and buts there Rip.

That would mean Trent, Gomez, Robertson and Fabinho all injured at the same time for Milner and Moreno to be the full backs.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #541: Jan 07, 2019 04:15:24 am
      A lot of ifs and buts there Rip.

That would mean Trent, Gomez, Robertson and Fabinho all injured at the same time for Milner and Moreno to be the full backs.
      disagree a bit, if Henderson got injured then Fabinho won't be available as defence cover. Then TAA gets injured and Milner covers, can Milner play 90 minutes every game? No, so we pull Gomez out of CB or play Moreno? Why did you put Robertson? There's no way Robertson would end up on the right. There's too many variables to consider actually.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 04:28:26 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #542: Jan 07, 2019 04:46:33 am
      Seems Clyne is saying he wanted out because he wasn't getting game time. Looks like Klopp let him leave because he wanted to, not because we couldn't use him. He's played his last game in a Liverpool shirt because his contract ends in May. If he didn't want to be here we couldn't really rely on him. I think Klopp did the right thing, we should be in the market for a good cover for TAA though. Milly will probably be off to Leeds in the summer with a PL league medal so it makes sense to get additional cover for TAA.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #543: Jan 07, 2019 08:45:09 am
      It's the new narrative our resident trolls are trying to create.

They've been trying to run with it for months, but our pesky team keeps winning and spoiling their next attack line.

Now, after 1 league defeat, it gets dusted off and brought out again.

I assume you are referring to me, my criticism of loaning/selling Clyne and Solanke has nothing at all to do losing to Citeh, it has everything to do with not making any damned sense. I simply do not like weakening our squad and whatever way you look at it, unless we have youngsters primed and ready to hit the ground running in the PL OR transfers coming in who can slot neatly in then this weakens us. I'm amazed some of you guys do not understand this. Yes these guys were fringe, but sometime syou need your fringe players as we have already seen this season.

For the record I'm still VERY POSITIVE about Klopp and the team, I think we WILL WIN the league but I am disappointed about the midfield selection against Citeh and also weakening the squad, is that ok with you, is it allowed?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #544: Jan 07, 2019 08:46:31 am
      Seems Clyne is saying he wanted out because he wasn't getting game time. Looks like Klopp let him leave because he wanted to, not because we couldn't use him. He's played his last game in a Liverpool shirt because his contract ends in May. If he didn't want to be here we couldn't really rely on him. I think Klopp did the right thing, we should be in the market for a good cover for TAA though. Milly will probably be off to Leeds in the summer with a PL league medal so it makes sense to get additional cover for TAA.

So Clyne forced his way out then, but will this loan lead to us getting some money in a future transfer, if not I'd still have told him to STFU and stay until Summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #545: Jan 07, 2019 08:57:24 am
      disagree a bit, if Henderson got injured then Fabinho won't be available as defence cover. Then TAA gets injured and Milner covers, can Milner play 90 minutes every game? No, so we pull Gomez out of CB or play Moreno? Why did you put Robertson? There's no way Robertson would end up on the right. There's too many variables to consider actually.

I included Robertson as you were talking about Moreno playing as well.

Exactly there are far too many variables but still would need quite a few injuries to players at full back and midfield for us the be left with only Milner and Moreno as cover.

Could happen? Yes.

Likely to? Not very.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #546: Jan 07, 2019 09:19:35 am
      So Clyne forced his way out then, but will this loan lead to us getting some money in a future transfer, if not I'd still have told him to STFU and stay until Summer.
      His contract expires in May, so it's not possible to get a fee.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #547: Jan 07, 2019 09:23:34 am
      His contract expires in May, so it's not possible to get a fee.

so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team, then in the summer he can go wherever he wants.
      Unless he was a big disruptive element in the dressing room then I still cannot make any sense out of this, it leaves us exposed defensively and is reckless at best, stupid at worst. This is of course unless we have someone ready to take his slot who offers as much if not more, but I don't see who that would be, Clyne is after all a very experienced defender. Anyway lets hope we dont come to regret the decision.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #548: Jan 07, 2019 09:31:13 am
      so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team, then in the summer he can go wherever he wants.
      Unless he was a big disruptive element in the dressing room then I still cannot make any sense out of this, it leaves us exposed defensively and is reckless at best, stupid at worst. This is of course unless we have someone ready to take his slot who offers as much if not more, but I don't see who that would be, Clyne is after all a very experienced defender. Anyway lets hope we dont come to regret the decision.
      think it's the risk of disruption in the dressing room. Need positive vibes in there. Got no hard feelings towards him because he wasn't getting minutes much. His last game as a win against United and we will most likely be alright without him. We should be in the market for a new RB, we got money from Solanke so no reason why we can't. Milner will be off in summer to Leeds I reckon, so no harm in getting in replacements now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #549: Jan 07, 2019 09:32:42 am
      think it's the risk of disruption in the dressing room. Need positive vibes in there.

that is the unknown factor and pretty much the only reason you would let him leave now, OK I'll chalk it down to Clyne forcing a move and being a pr**k and move on :-)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #550: Jan 07, 2019 09:34:03 am
      so why let him go now, just tell him to stay put and play a part in a league winning team

We have a manager who very much sees the human aspects of a footballers life as well and if Clyne expressed a desire to play regular football then Jürgen likely wanted what was best for the player and thought the impact on the squad can be coped with.

He treats players like human beings and we only see it from a fans viewpoint while those within the club have to look at the bigger picture.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #551: Jan 07, 2019 09:36:01 am
      that is the unknown factor and pretty much the only reason you would let him leave now, OK I'll chalk it down to Clyne forcing a move and being a pr**k and move on :-)
      at least Klopps got the clear on this one and it makes sense. Clyne gobbing off to the press did Klopp a favour.

Quick Reply