Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Clyne (Contract Expired)

Read 104768 times
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #598: Jan 16, 2019 01:06:17 pm
      I remember players being recalled from loan at another club if injuries required.

Is this provision still in place? If so, I'd like to see Clyne brought back.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #599: Jan 16, 2019 01:09:29 pm
      Clyne cannot be recallled and the manager wouldn’t recall
      Kopite78
      Reply #600: Jan 16, 2019 01:24:40 pm
      I remember players being recalled from loan at another club if injuries required.

Is this provision still in place? If so, I'd like to see Clyne brought back.

Only if you have it written in to the loan agreement

Which I'm fairly sure we haven't
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #601: Jan 16, 2019 01:36:49 pm
      Something worth considering, although it’s probably irrelevant seeing as there isn’t even a recall option. But, hypothetically speaking, if he was to be recalled then I think it could do us more harm than good. The player himself has said he wanted to go out to another team because he wanted to play regular football and he was frustrated with us through a lack of playing time. If he was to be recalled, he’d know full well that it would only be for the possibility of 1-2 games if he’s lucky, then the rest of the season he’s be back to playing no football. In other words he’d be pretty pissed off at then missing out on the remainder of the season where he would have been playing every week, so in the 1-2 games that he might play for us, chances are his heart wouldn’t be in it and it could lead to costing us goals, or worse, costing us points.

But like I said, it’s hypothetically speaking and there is no recall option so it’s irrelevant.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #602: Jan 17, 2019 01:26:18 am
      Every sinlge player is going to be frustrated with a lack of playing time. But at the end of the day, we are competing against Man City, they have a padded squad. We dont need to be sending out a player like Clyne on loan. Even if he 'wanted' to go. Its not about panic stations. A strong squad is essential.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #603: Jan 30, 2019 08:55:31 pm
      Just thinking.

Was the loan deal with Clyne really worth it?

His last game with us, he was quite good. We didn't do any business in the window too.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #604: Jan 30, 2019 09:03:53 pm
      Just thinking.

Was the loan deal with Clyne really worth it?

His last game with us, he was quite good. We didn't do any business in the window too.

Oh don't you start now ;D
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne Player Thread
      Reply #605: Jul 24, 2019 06:55:12 pm
      So sad to read that Nathaniel Clyde has suffered an ACL injury and will be out for 6 months. Feel for him, but I know the club and Jürgen will do all they can to help him. Hope all goes well and he comes back stronger, keep positive Nathaniel, and just remember YNWA!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #606: Jul 24, 2019 11:35:53 pm
      Should have sold him when we had the chance. Now that’s him and Lallana going on a free in a year to join the list of Can, Sturridge and Moreno.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #607: Jul 24, 2019 11:41:41 pm
      Should have sold him when we had the chance. Now that’s him and Lallana going on a free in a year to join the list of Can, Sturridge and Moreno.

Surprised we didn't sell him to Palace as soon as Wan Bissaka was sold they had plenty of cash for a new RB. A missed opportunity we will pay for now. Oh well.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #608: Jul 24, 2019 11:48:20 pm
      Surprised we didn't sell him to Palace as soon as Wan Bissaka was sold they had plenty of cash for a new RB. A missed opportunity we will pay for now. Oh well.

I doubt the single digit transfer fee we'd get for him is going to impact our potential...if he didn't get injured he was a decent option playing on either side to give the boys a break against lighter opposition.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #609: Jul 25, 2019 09:10:58 am
      Should have sold him for 15-17 mil, West Ham and Palace were after him and he should have stayed at home ...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #610: Jul 25, 2019 10:19:54 am
      If we had sold him before getting cover for Robbo all hell would have let loose. It makes it a priority now unless Jürgen is happy with the cover he has which seems unlikely. Regardless this lad has had some bad luck over the past couple of years so good luck with his recovery.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #611: Jul 25, 2019 10:24:23 am
      If we had sold him before getting cover for Robbo all hell would have let loose. It makes it a priority now unless Jürgen is happy with the cover he has which seems unlikely. Regardless this lad has had some bad luck over the past couple of years so good luck with his recovery.

No it wouldn’t because it’s very highly unlikely he’d have ever filled in for Robbo. He was effectively 4th choice RB so why would all hell have broken loose with regards to the left side and cover for Robbo. Given he was happily shipped out on loan last season, in the grand scheme of things I doubt his injury actually changes anything because he wasn’t a part of the plans last season and looked like he wasn’t going to be next season either.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #612: Jul 25, 2019 10:32:09 am
      I doubt the single digit transfer fee we'd get for him is going to impact our potential...if he didn't get injured he was a decent option playing on either side to give the boys a break against lighter opposition.

so decent an option that we sent him out on loan last year in the middle of an injury crisis, doesn't matter if we'd only get a few million for him, we will now get zero, DAMN!!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #613: Jul 25, 2019 02:29:10 pm
      Unfortunate for the player. Sorry for him, but hopefully he's managed his money over the years. I don't know what he makes, but I know it's more than me. Judging by preseason, he has declined as a player
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #614: Jul 25, 2019 03:23:08 pm
      Unfortunate for the player. Sorry for him, but hopefully he's managed his money over the years. I don't know what he makes, but I know it's more than me. Judging by preseason, he has declined as a player

Declyned?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #615: Jul 25, 2019 03:24:57 pm
      Bummer for Clyne. Hopefully he can come back and play before end of season so he can show he's healthy and be able to get a new contract (somewhere else).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #616: Jul 25, 2019 04:29:04 pm

Thought of that, but it was too easy  ;D
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #617: Dec 14, 2019 07:04:10 am
      What is going on with this fella, how long before he gets back from injury?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #618: Dec 15, 2019 02:24:15 am
      There seems no signs of him coming back before Fabinho, Matip and Lovren.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #619: Dec 15, 2019 05:53:32 am

I think he will manage let's put it that way. Still on full pay for here for a starters.

I'm guessing it's most peoples dream yearly wage x 52.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #620: Dec 15, 2019 11:49:01 pm
      There seems no signs of him coming back before Fabinho, Matip and Lovren.

I don't think we'll ever see him in a first team match again.

Quick Reply