Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Europa League 2015/2016

Read 32982 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Europa League 2015/2016
      Reply #69: May 10, 2016 10:26:53 am
      If clubs are to take this competition seriously then UEFA should be leading they way by holding the final in larger stadiums, I don't understand why CL clubs get a bigger stadium knowing some big names can fall into this competition later on in the season....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: May 10, 2016 10:56:35 am
      Rally driver now Debs, said so at half-time anyway during the Watford game  :laugh:

I believe he is mate.

I'd imagine a hell of a lot of sevilla fans will be knocking theirs out as well as the corporate lot, they've got a final a week later at home and they won't have to take the chance of being surrounded by Scousers there.

;D

Was hearing yesterday a lot won't be going because they need passports (Switzerland not in Europe) and can't get them in time but I have no doubt the Reds will outnumber everyone else by at least 3 to 1  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #71: May 10, 2016 11:26:49 am

You took me a little too literally there mate :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: May 10, 2016 11:40:00 am
      Course it'll be Red mate, just like Istanbul.  Most of those tickets handed out to corporates and sponsors will end up in the hands of Liverpool fans and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

It makes me laugh at just how many of our fans manage to get hold of tickets that weren’t originally meant for them :D UEFA and Sevilla won’t know what’s hit them come kick off next Wednesday.

We weren't supposed to get there mate.  They've done their damndest to knock us out with the draws we've had but somehow we evading their cunning plan  ;)

It reminds me of 2005 a little bit. We got given the best defensive team in the competition (Juventus) who had only conceded 2 goals up until that stage. In the semi’s we got the English champions (?) and a team who would soon become one of our biggest rivals and then in the final we got one of the biggest and most successful teams in the competition’s history in the final.

This time around we get our biggest rival in the last 16, the supposedly best team and one of the most defensively sound teams left in the competition in the 1/4’s. In the semi’s we then get arguably the best defensive side in the competition (Villarreal) who are a team full of childish idiots and then in the final we get the most successful team in the competition’s history.

We certainly never get an easy ride of it do we.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: May 10, 2016 12:00:08 pm
      It makes me laugh at just how many of our fans manage to get hold of tickets that weren’t originally meant for them :D UEFA and Sevilla won’t know what’s hit them come kick off next Wednesday.

It reminds me of 2005 a little bit. We got given the best defensive team in the competition (Juventus) who had only conceded 2 goals up until that stage. In the semi’s we got the English champions (?) and a team who would soon become one of our biggest rivals and then in the final we got one of the biggest and most successful teams in the competition’s history in the final.

This time around we get our biggest rival in the last 16, the supposedly best team and one of the most defensively sound teams left in the competition in the 1/4’s. In the semi’s we then get arguably the best defensive side in the competition (Villarreal) who are a team full of childish idiots and then in the final we get the most successful team in the competition’s history.

We certainly never get an easy ride of it do we.

Maybe we manage to get so many tickets because the people who originally buy them know they can make a killing selling them on to us. 

Of course English clubs fans know we can't possible afford them, after all we have to go bin dipping to feed ourselves, share our houses with rats and we're all on the dole.  Maybe all those Reds who travel around the world are just other clubs fans in disguise, clinging onto the coat tails of our success or we've not paid for them in the first place but pick pocketed them outside the ground or more likely, snuck in without tickets   :f_whistle:

No they won't know what's hit them and no we never get an easy ride mate  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #74: May 10, 2016 12:05:43 pm
      Maybe we manage to get so many tickets because the people who originally buy them know they can make a killing selling them on to us. 

Of course English clubs fans know we can't possible afford them, after all we have to go bin dipping to feed ourselves, share our houses with rats and we're all on the dole.  Maybe all those Reds who travel around the world are just other clubs fans in disguise, clinging onto the coat tails of our success or we've not paid for them in the first place but pick pocketed them outside the ground or more likely, snuck in without tickets   :f_whistle:

No they won't know what's hit them and no we never get an easy ride mate  ;D

Always like hearing the odd story of lads rolling the touts at these finals  8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #75: May 10, 2016 12:25:48 pm
      Always like hearing the odd story of lads rolling the touts at these finals  8)

They know the risks mate  ;D
      cozzimba88
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #76: May 10, 2016 03:06:36 pm
      i can't reply in pm message..CHF 50 face value
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #77: May 10, 2016 10:21:42 pm
      Final will be shown on a Big screen in Liverpool City centre.
      Won't be like being there but we will be there in spirit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #78: May 10, 2016 10:41:06 pm
      Looks like we're going to have to re-register Bogdan before the final as we have no reserve goalies left.

With Ward and George injured, Vigouroux too old to play without registering and Fulton still involved with Portsmouth for the League 2 play offs we have nobody else.

Yikes!!
      Klopp could go in goal?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #79: May 14, 2016 01:04:52 pm
      For those of us not going the final

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36279287
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #80: May 14, 2016 01:15:55 pm
      I can get over the fact that the stadium holds next to nobody but it's unreal that it's being held in a city that can't accommodate other fans without tickets to a high enough level. As if they thought only fans with tickets would travel :D. Considering it's the final they should have made plans for it to be somewhere that can accommodate a huge amount of fans for 1 or 2 of the biggest supported teams in Europe.
      A 33,000 seat stadium is ridiculous for a final ,It's not even in the top 100 in Europe in terms of capacity.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Aug 04, 2016 10:19:21 pm
      just witnessed the most bizzare goal scored against Aberdeen it was late on and knocked them out I wont spoil it for people but you have to see it
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Aug 05, 2016 06:00:05 am

just witnessed the most bizzare goal scored against Aberdeen it was late on and knocked them out I wont spoil it for people but you have to see it

:o  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #83: Aug 06, 2016 03:48:43 pm

Wow. That's one way to lose!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #84: Aug 06, 2016 05:10:08 pm
      Shutting this down as the tread is from last year.

2016/17 is here. http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=49011.0

Quick Reply