Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Marathon Run

Read 2493 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Marathon Run
      Apr 10, 2015 09:08:15 am
      Okay guys, that time of the year again, me popping up looking for donations. In June, I am running the Liverpool marathon in aid of Rethink Mental Illness (click on the link below for more info). This is a fantastic cause, one my brother works for as well so close to the family. I've never ran anything over 13 and a half miles so to do double that, and on my own without a team to back me up and support me, will be a massive challenge.

Training is going well, I've completed a few long distance runs and aim to keep building so that I am doing 18-20 miles before the run. Weather has been really mixed. Last week I ran through sun, sleet, rain, hail stone and strong gusty winds, then repeated over and over again all on the one run. Surely that got to be worth a couple of pennies? I am so close to my £500 target (currently on £440) but I want to go even higher than that. Please please click on the link below and donate to this bloody fantastic cause. Really will be appreciated. If anyone has any questions, please get in touch. Cheers,

Semps

https://www.rethink.org/

https://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Semple1/
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Re: Marathon Run
      Reply #1: Jun 03, 2015 10:05:09 am
      Giving this a little bump. Any donations appreciated. Marathon in less than 2 weeks, have tendinitis in my foot, which isn't ideal. Show the support!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Jun 03, 2015 08:46:06 pm
      Only just seen this Semps. Trying to square you 20 but won't let me on site when I go to continue to pay.

Will try again later. Good luck lid and hope you're well.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2015 08:44:14 pm
      Only just seen this Semps. Trying to square you 20 but won't let me on site when I go to continue to pay.

Will try again later. Good luck lid and hope you're well.

No worries mate, don't know why it isn't working! That's really strange. All good here, Monastag tomorrow!! Hope you're well.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2015 08:58:14 pm
      No worries mate, don't know why it isn't working! That's really strange. All good here, Monastag tomorrow!! Hope you're well.

Think it was my end mate.

I'm missing the stag do aren't I which is a pain. Baby due any time now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2015 09:03:28 pm
      Sorted it mate.

Good luck.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #6: Jun 19, 2015 02:24:11 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Just so everyone is aware, finished the marathon last Sunday in 3 hours 44 minutes 28 seconds. I as fine until about the last 3-4 miles where I started to tire, mainly in my right thigh which started to lock!! I was averaging 7-8 minute miles, my 23rd took 12 minutes, my 24th took 11 and my last two miles took just over 6 minutes each.

Raised over a grand in donations. Final figure yet to be confirmed but so far it is on £1181.22, all of which is going to Rethink Mental Illness. I don't think there will be a lot more but I am totally overwhelmed by everyone's donations and support. Thanks guys!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2015 02:38:04 pm
      Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Just so everyone is aware, finished the marathon last Sunday in 3 hours 44 minutes 28 seconds. I as fine until about the last 3-4 miles where I started to tire, mainly in my right thigh which started to lock!! I was averaging 7-8 minute miles, my 23rd took 12 minutes, my 24th took 11 and my last two miles took just over 6 minutes each.

Raised over a grand in donations. Final figure yet to be confirmed but so far it is on £1181.22, all of which is going to Rethink Mental Illness. I don't think there will be a lot more but I am totally overwhelmed by everyone's donations and support. Thanks guys!

Well done Semps! And so soon after Sean's stag do. Double high five.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2015 10:50:37 am
      Well done Semps! And so soon after Sean's stag do. Double high five.
      Marathon drinker in training ;)

Quick Reply