Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Small Business / Investing in Business

Read 1830 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Small Business / Investing in Business
      Jul 03, 2015 09:34:39 am
      People,

I know some of you on here run your own companies or have had experience in doing so.

Are there any websites that offer minority stakes in things for a monthly return that potential investors could consider. I see lots of property investment schemes popping up on facebook but I never know if they are legit or not.

Any ideas?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: Small Business / Investing in Business
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2015 09:39:49 am
      People,

I know some of you on here run your own companies or have had experience in doing so.

Are there any websites that offer minority stakes in things for a monthly return that potential investors could consider. I see lots of property investment schemes popping up on facebook but I never know if they are legit or not.

Any ideas?

Usually to do that you invest in public listed company, so you own shares and you get return on those shares (Dividends depending on the company's P/L account).

Are you willing to own a 10% or 20% stake in a small business?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2015 10:02:38 am
      Usually to do that you invest in public listed company, so you own shares and you get return on those shares (Dividends depending on the company's P/L account).

Are you willing to own a 10% or 20% stake in a small business?

I'm aware of investing on the stock market as I invest into a pension at the moment but I wanted to look at other things away from the norm.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2015 10:07:18 am
      I'm aware of investing on the stock market as I invest into a pension at the moment but I wanted to look at other things away from the norm.

Hmm...

Not interested in investing in risk free securities?

I'm not so sure about property investment schemes if they are risky or not (I've never dealt with them).
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #4: Jul 03, 2015 10:48:41 am
      Hmm...

Not interested in investing in risk free securities?

I'm not so sure about property investment schemes if they are risky or not (I've never dealt with them).

Thanks mate

Quick Reply