Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre-Match - Stoke V Liverpool 9 Aug 2015, KO: 16:00

Read 18639 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Pre-Match - Stoke V Liverpool 9 Aug 2015, KO: 16:00
      Reply #138: Aug 09, 2015 02:31:28 pm
      Haven't watched a single ball being kicked in pre season so I'm going into this game as my first reference point for our new players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #139: Aug 09, 2015 02:33:38 pm
      f***in weird feeling this, confident but yet twitchy as F**k, a bit like a first date, do I go straight for the tit, cos I'm as cocky as F**k, or hang back cos my nerves could F**k things up and end up with F**k all.....suck it and see I guess, but then, that's her dilemma ??.....

Anyhoo, I just know we're going to win, I got a real feel good factor about today,

1-3 Redmen,

Mignolet
                        Clyne      Skrtel    Lovren    Gomez
                                    Hendo         Milner
                            Ibe          Coutinho     Lallana
                                           Benteke

I originally opted for Moreno @ lwb but I agree young Gomez may get the nod over Albert,

Cmon You Mighty Reds

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #140: Aug 09, 2015 02:44:31 pm
      Heard the rumours about Gomez. If we're a true meritocracy it's obvious that he would get ahead of Moreno based on some of the reviews I read on Gomez during pre season.

But it's great news if ture because Moreno now has some serious competition meaning he has to really think hard and work hard especially when cutting out those truly costly mistakes he made in the big games of last season, Man City away and Man Utd at home being the most notable offences.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #141: Aug 09, 2015 02:45:06 pm
      Just got this strange feeling that this Season is going to be special. Even though all the noise and hype is about Firmino, i just think that Benteke is going to blow teams away.

I think this signing is a recognition by Brendan that we need to have an alternative option and i think this could be the turning point in his tenure so far.

Of all the signings we have made this Summer, it is Milner and Benteke that i feel are going to improve us the most. Milner with his experience and Benteke with his raw power.

Something is telling me 3-1 to us today, Benteke with a brace and Coutinho.

Having assessed our first wave of away games, we are right in the melting pot. No time to gel, we have to hit the ground running and you won't get many harder tests than Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

Many of the players with a full Season under their belts now, they have to deliver.

Come on you Redmen! Let's F**k these up....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #142: Aug 09, 2015 02:46:14 pm
      Seems pretty much unanimous regarding the starting XI in here. I would agree that Firmino is unlikely to start and I don't think Markovic has done enough in pre-season to justify a place in the team. However, I'd say Can will be given the nod today so I think we may see

Mignolet

Clyne      Skrtel    Sakho   Gomez

Can
                                   Hendo         Milner

Ibe                           Coutinho
                                           Benteke

If not Can then Lucas but i'm sure that Rodgers will be cautious considering  the last result against this lot.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #143: Aug 09, 2015 02:52:49 pm
      Heard the rumours about Gomez. If we're a true meritocracy it's obvious that he would get ahead of Moreno based on some of the reviews I read on Gomez during pre season.

But it's great news if ture because Moreno now has some serious competition meaning he has to really think hard and work hard especially when cutting out those truly costly mistakes he made in the big games of last season, Man City away and Man Utd at home being the most notable offences.

Why haven't you watched any pre season?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #144: Aug 09, 2015 02:56:57 pm
      Arsenal losing Chelsea dropping points yesterday. Let's get the 3 points on the board and have them playing catch up
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #145: Aug 09, 2015 03:02:10 pm
      Why haven't you watched any pre season?

It's pointless. Half the squad stay at home for most the matches and we're playing weak opposition. Most if not all the matches are exempt of the competitiveness and intensity of the match we'll see later. I've never learned a jot from watching it the last few years and besides I think a few months without football does me well.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #146: Aug 09, 2015 03:07:44 pm
      It's pointless. Half the squad stay at home for most the matches and we're playing weak opposition. Most if not all the matches are exempt of the competitiveness and intensity of the match we'll see later. I've never learned a jot from watching it the last few years and besides I think a few months without football does me well.

Thought that may of been the reason, it's no gauge of how the team will be but it's nice to see the boys back in action.
      I like the rest from football, when it starts with the slightest sniff though I'm desperate to see some.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #147: Aug 09, 2015 03:12:58 pm
      No Sakho?.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #148: Aug 09, 2015 03:21:28 pm
      Pre Match Topic Locked.