Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Allan Rodrigues de Souza (Internacional)

Read 7598 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Allan Rodrigues de Souza (Internacional)
      Jul 03, 2015 10:59:44 pm
      On Tony Barrett's twitter feed:

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 26 mins26 minutes ago

Liverpool hoping to sign Allan Rodrigues de Souza, an 18 year old midfielder, for £500,000 from Brazilian club Internacional.

No idea about the guy's qualities or where he even plays, but let the speculation commence!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Allan Rodrigues de Souza (Internacional)
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2015 11:51:43 pm
      Is he the Brazilian Joe Allen ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2015 01:04:03 am
      It's about time we formed some joint ventures with a club in South America to get around the visa ruling and start scouting for some talent.
      Looking at some of the young Strikers in Europe makes your eyes weep Vietto, Dyabala, Icardi, Diego Rolan etc.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2015 10:22:09 am
      It's about time we formed some joint ventures with a club in South America to get around the visa ruling and start scouting for some talent.
      Looking at some of the young Strikers in Europe makes your eyes weep Vietto, Dyabala, Icardi, Diego Rolan etc.
      Just having a deal with those clubs doesn't help them get visas (though it would help get players under contract). They need to play a certain percentage of games for their national teams, no?

Edit for source:
      (Source: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits.htm)

I imagine this guy has the passport he needs through a relative.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2015 10:25:21 am
      First off, what's his footballing name - has to be something with an "in(h)o" at the end?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2015 10:29:20 am
      First off, what's his footballing name - has to be something with an "in(h)o" at the end?

I bet it is just Alan. I'm still waiting for the Brazilian Steve.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2015 10:40:07 am

Didn't we form some kind of relationship with Nacional of Uruguay a few years ago?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2015 10:53:42 am
      Allan? Quick, strong, immense passer, left foot right foot, superb shot from distance, works hard, great attitude.

Never heard of him.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2015 11:08:11 am
      Off the top of my head. Cavalieri wasn't gash. Aurelio was good when fit. Lucas is Lucas and Coutinho is Coutinho. We haven't done too badly with the Brazilians to be fair so I'm not too apprehensive about him. But this does reek of another one of those "Wonderkid" signings we make who rule the roost in the reserves before falling off the face of the earth.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2015 11:35:18 am
      Off the top of my head. Cavalieri wasn't gash. Aurelio was good when fit. Lucas is Lucas and Coutinho is Coutinho. We haven't done too badly with the Brazilians to be fair so I'm not too apprehensive about him. But this does reek of another one of those "Wonderkid" signings we make who rule the roost in the reserves before falling off the face of the earth.

That's because most of them are expected to fail. Hence why they cost much less. The one's who have been successful have been successful enough to justify the many failures though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: Jul 04, 2015 12:43:09 pm
      Just having a deal with those clubs doesn't help them get visas (though it would help get players under contract). They need to play a certain percentage of games for their national teams, no?

Edit for source:
      (Source: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits.htm)

I imagine this guy has the passport he needs through a relative.

Not really look at Sevilla and Atleti there is ways around the system.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11: Jul 04, 2015 01:10:49 pm
      I've been watching this lad for a few years now and can offer some insight into his game.

His "number of times he ran at top speed for twenty yards" per game stats are not that impressive. He normally gets by on .87 sprints per game, and being a midfielder that's three or four hundredths of a percentage point short of where you'd need to be. To put it into context, Socrates (the Brazilian midfielder not the philosopher) was the only modern(ish) midfielder who got by by averaging less than 0.78. Jimmy Carter, our much maligned signing from Millwall trundled along at 0.64%, say no more.

His stats on "the number of times he passed it with his left foot rather than his right" on the other hand are very impressive. 2.65 times per game, although he is actually left footed so I'm not sure if this impacts upon it or not.

All in all though a good player who would be a good signing. I personally wouldn't go as high as 500K though. I'd go no higher than 321K myself, there are far better options available for the same money.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2015 01:28:24 pm by bigmick »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12: Jul 04, 2015 01:12:34 pm
      Not really look at Sevilla and Atleti there is ways around the system.

The way they get around the system is by being in a completely different country than England.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2015 01:14:06 pm
      I've been watching this lad for a few years now and can offer some insight into his game.

His "number of times he ran at top speed for twenty yards" per game stats are not that impressive. He normally gets by on .87 sprints per game, and being a midfielder that's three or four hundredths of a percentage point short of where you'd need to be. To put it into context, Socrates (the Brazilian midfielder not the philosopher) was the only modern(ish) midfielder who got by by averaging less than 0.78. Jimmy Carter, our much maligned signing from Millwall trundled along at 0.64%, say no more.

His stats on "the number of times he passed it with his left foot rather than his right" on the other hand are very impressive. 2.65 tines per game, although he is actually left footed so I'm not sure if this impacts upon it or not.

All in all though a good player who would be a good signing. I personally wouldn't go as high as 500K though. I'd go no higher than 321K myself, there are far better options available for the same money.

Remarkably specific price tag there Mick, how'd you get that figure? ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14: Jul 04, 2015 01:17:04 pm
      Remarkably specific price tag there Mick, how'd you get that figure? ;D

Based on co-efficiencies mate, far too complex to go into here.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Jul 04, 2015 01:20:12 pm
      Based on co-efficiencies mate, far too complex to go into here.

Fair enough mate!

Never heard of this guy so can't comment really but it's always good to see our scouts expanding their searches.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Jul 04, 2015 02:12:29 pm

google something like  the brazilian football name generator or something similar, my mate dan was dildo !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Jul 04, 2015 02:52:50 pm
      He's the Brazilian Welsh Xavi
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #18: Jul 04, 2015 04:01:56 pm
      The way they get around the system is by being in a completely different country than England.

How did the Mancs get Rafael and his brother over here?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2015 04:11:20 pm

His stats on "the number of times he passed it with his left foot rather than his right" on the other hand are very impressive. 2.65 times per game, although he is actually left footed so I'm not sure if this impacts upon it or not.

;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20: Jul 04, 2015 05:24:41 pm

Good question, so I looked it up. They claimed Portuguese nationality from their grandfather. A bit like how we signed Lucas, who claimed Italian ancestry.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Jul 04, 2015 05:33:40 pm
      Good question, so I looked it up. They claimed Portuguese nationality from their grandfather. A bit like how we signed Lucas, who claimed Italian ancestry.

Lots of Brazilians have European passports like this. My own grandfather was Portuguese. The other side of my family came from Spain. My little brother has a Spanish passport. I'm in the process of getting a Portuguese passport myself.

I don't know much about Allan but will ask friends and do some research. I think he is still playing for their under-20 side and probably doesn't have first team experience, so definitely one for the future. One website I saw described him as a promising "segundo volante" - which is a term for a second defensive midfielder - the one who is usually allowed more freedom to go forward, a bit like Lucas was for Gremio, where he played alongside purely defensive players such as Sandro Goiano.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2015 05:37:29 pm
      One website I saw described him as a promising "segundo volante" - which is a term for a second defensive midfielder - the one who is usually allowed more freedom to go forward, a bit like Lucas was for Gremio, where he played alongside purely defensive players such as Sandro Goiano.

It's also how Brendan used Allen at Swansea isn't it?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #23: Jul 04, 2015 07:29:11 pm
      It's also how Brendan used Allen at Swansea isn't it?

I think you could say that, with Leon Britton as the more defensive minded midfielder
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #24: Jul 04, 2015 07:51:31 pm

Have you not seen them trucks queuing up at Calais
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25: Jul 04, 2015 08:10:49 pm
      I think you could say that, with Leon Britton as the more defensive minded midfielder

And then Gylfi as the advanced of the three. Not sure what you call that in Brazil Deigo.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #26: Jul 04, 2015 08:52:36 pm
      He is and 15.5 million cheaper too .

Quick Reply