Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 54671 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: Krisztián Németh
      Reply #69: Apr 28, 2009 12:42:16 pm
      Great to see him back and scoring. Shouldn't be too long before he's pushing for a place in the first team. A good pre-season is where to start though. Good luck mate.
      DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 28, 2009 12:57:10 pm
      Provided he avoids injuries like this year, I can see him playing in one or two games in domestic cups alongwith Ngog next season.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #71: Apr 28, 2009 01:06:10 pm
      Unlucky he was injured...never the less, a important player for us. Maybe he might get into our first team next season.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #72: Apr 28, 2009 04:50:56 pm
      I expect him to come on leaps and bounds over the next season, I can remember Gary Ablett saying that had he not been injured this season he would've be a regular in the first team scene this year.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #73: Apr 28, 2009 05:31:49 pm
      Where does this leave Ngog then?

From what I've seen of Nemeth, he's head and shoulders above Ngog in ability. I also rate Pacheco as a better player than Ngog. As well as us, probably, signing a new centre forward in the summer, it does make me wonder what the future holds for Ngog.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Apr 29, 2009 07:15:41 am
      N'gog has the experience in a pressured environment, hence his selection you could only imagine and for mine, considering the mitigating factors he hasnt done too bad.

Hopefully Nemeth can get a few months in the Championship next season and come back fighting for a first team spot.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #75: Apr 29, 2009 11:17:51 am
      Nemeth is a exciting prospect he needs to go on loan to a championship team next year and get some first team football and come back and get a spot in the first team.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #76: Apr 29, 2009 11:43:43 am
      Next year is a massive, massive season for him. I think he'll go out on loan for the first three months, and when he comes back I think he'll get a few chances coming from the bench.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #77: Apr 29, 2009 12:46:06 pm
      Next year is a massive, massive season for him. I think he'll go out on loan for the first three months, and when he comes back I think he'll get a few chances coming from the bench.

I agree Paul, it is a massive season coming up for Nemeth, I hope he does get a chance next season otherwise I fear
       we will lose him.   :(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #78: Apr 29, 2009 06:13:22 pm
      I agree Paul, it is a massive season coming up for Nemeth, I hope he does get a chance next season otherwise I fear
       we will lose him.   :(

What I fear is losing him if/when he's gone out on loan. I'm not saying he shouldn't go out on loan because regular competitive football will be very good for him. But reserve players - as much as many of us don't see it this way - can be good money spinners. We've seen players with good potential not come back in the past.

But I'm optimistic Nemeth has something to offer our club with his feet and not a fee, in the future.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #79: Apr 30, 2009 02:42:09 am
      Hope he's on the bench Sunday. Would love to see him get a run out.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #80: Apr 30, 2009 03:35:25 pm
      RAFA: STARLETS HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE
      Steve Hunter 30 April 2009
          Rafael Benitez believes promising youngsters Krisztian Nemeth and Lauri Dalle Valle can look forward to a bright future with the club.
      To watch our interview with Rafa click here>>

Finnish striker Dalle Valle has hit 19 goals this season to help the Academy under-18s reach the final of the FA Youth Cup, while Hungarian hot-shot Nemeth netted the winner in the Liverpool Senior Cup final for the reserves on Monday night.

After impressing in pre-season it has been a frustrating campaign for Nemeth who has been hit by a series of injuries, but Benitez admits he has a lot to offer.

"I think Krisztian is someone that can score goals," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"The most difficult thing in football is scoring goals so we are really pleased with him. Hopefully he will be fit in the future and if he has no more problems then he is a player that we need to keep an eye on because he has a great future."

Dalle Valle has caught the eye for his uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time this season and the boss has also been impressed.

"I don't like to talk too much about just one player when the team is doing well, but clearly he is a striker that has scored a lot of goals," said Rafa.

"He also has a future here.

"It was important for the young lads to reach the FA Youth Cup final and they now have an opportunity to win a trophy.

"Always the main target for the Academy is to produce players, but if they can win a trophy that would be a very good experience for them."

On the subject of goals, Liverpool are the Barclays Premier League's leading scorers this season with 66 strikes hitting the back of the opponents net.

The manager claims it shows that the team has an attacking mentality.

"Sometimes people criticise us and say we are a defensive team but clearly we are a team that is always attacking," he said.

"When we are 1-0 up we always look for the other goal and the number of goals we have scored shows that we are an offensive team that also normally defends really well."

Meanwhile, Benitez has also spoken of his admiration for Dirk Kuyt after the Dutchman scored twice during Saturday's 3-1 win at Hull City, in what was his 100th top-flight start for the club.

"I'm really pleased for all of the players when they play 100 games, but especially for Kuyt, because he is so good a professional that everybody has to be pleased when a player like him performs at that level every single week.

"He always scores important goals and is someone you can trust 100 per cent."

-----------------------------

Going nowhere.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #81: Apr 30, 2009 04:05:29 pm
      Good to see the manager giving his backing to the youngsters. Shows he's likely to give them a go in the first team sooner or later.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #82: Apr 30, 2009 04:32:13 pm
      Maybe Rafa is hinting at them getting some 1st team games next season.
      thedagger
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 30, 2009 05:23:52 pm
      I suppose Nemeth´ll be on the bench next season. he´s very good striker, he´s fast and can score goals.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #84: May 01, 2009 05:24:21 am
      should be getting a run in these last few games. i'd like to see him play and love to see him score. should be on the bench for us next season, he's proven himself.
      9torres
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • lfc 4 lyf
      Krisztian Nemeth (Player Thread)
      Reply #85: Jul 26, 2009 06:47:22 pm
      Well if you saw nemeth today ( or even if you didn't ) then you would notice a spark that none of the other youngsters have and that's finishing , speed and fitness. On this page post your thoughts on Nemeth and how you feel he should be at this stage of his life.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2009 06:50:31 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Capitals please for names and start of sentences »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Krisztian Nemeth (Player Thread)
      Reply #86: Jul 26, 2009 06:53:24 pm
      I'm sure plenty of people who watch the reserves regularly will have a lot more to say on this thread than me.

I can say, however, that in this pre-season he has looked very hungry, and seems to be trying desperately to impress.

He appears to have a great deal of skill, and a sharp finish. I think this season might be a little to early for him to compete for the first team, but in the future I could see him being back up striker behind Torres, if he works on certain areas of his game.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #87: Jul 26, 2009 06:56:16 pm
      I thought the first two matches he was appaling and we saw nothing of him. Today however he made two very good finishes.

Hope to see some more from him, although from what I've seen I don't think he's quite ready yet for first team action like a lot of people have been saying.
      9torres
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • lfc 4 lyf
      Re: Krisztián Németh (Player Thread)
      Reply #88: Jul 26, 2009 06:58:48 pm
      Like Nemeth, he's fast, scores goals, and is like Kuyt, he will keep running.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2009 07:39:33 pm by RedPuppy, Reason: Grammer »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #89: Jul 26, 2009 07:00:38 pm
      I thought the first two matches he was appaling and we saw nothing of him. Today however he made two very good finishes.

Hope to see some more from him, although from what I've seen I don't think he's quite ready yet for first team action like a lot of people have been saying.

I think it's whether he can adapt mate. I've got no doubt he's good enough because I've seen him play for the reserves many times and he's a quality centre forward.

He done himself no harm at all today anyway. It was great to see him put the ball in the back of the net again.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #90: Jul 26, 2009 07:01:22 pm
      Having watched the first 2 matches I agree he wasn't up to form, but today he played well and showed better finishing on goal - largely assisted by good play through Digger and Torres.  Think he'll play well when with the 1st 11 so bring it on!  Can't see him feature during important PL matches until we've sown-up the win etc.  Still at least he has promise  :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6948 
      Reply #91: Jul 26, 2009 07:01:58 pm
      To be honest - been fairly disappointed with Nemeth in pre-season.

I think he has dwelled on the bell too much and tried to over-complicate things. But he took his two goals well today.  If he can move the ball a bit quicker then he could have a promising future.  On the face of it he probably deserves a place in the first team squad - certainly got more about him than a lot of the other fringe players.

Not overly keen on loaning prospects out because we never end up getting them back. I think it is criminal we allowed Hobbs to leave, as an example.

But if he is going to be properly watched while on loan then it may be worth loaning him to a decent side.

Quick Reply