Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 54252 times
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)
      Oct 29, 2007 10:49:35 pm
      Does enyone here know what the club have done with Kristian Nemeth the young Hungarian striker/ attacking midfielder we signed from MTK Hungaria this summer ? he played in pre season but i havent seen him since, i dont think ive seen him with the ressies so far either. Does anyone know if he's on loan or something ? i only ask because he seems an exciting prospect , already hes scored a few for his National side at senior level.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 08:14:16 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Kristian Nemeth where are you ??
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2007 01:03:38 am
      He was injured for a while after he joined the reds.

He was in the under 18's side which drew with West Brom on Saturday just gone.

A strong Liverpool Under-18 side had a frustrating day in front of goal as they were held to a goalless draw at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

Spanish starlet Daniel Pachecho had a superb match and caused the Baggies defence all sorts of problems, but try as they might Hughie McAuley's side just couldn't find the net.

"It was a fantastic game of football and we played some terrific football and should have won about 6-0 to be honest," reflected McAuley.

"We had chance after chance, one on one's with their goalkeeper, but we just couldn't score.

"Pachecho played very well and some of the things he did with the ball was quite outstanding and it was good to give our Hungarian striker Krisztian Nemeth a game after his injury.

"I can't fault our performance as we played very well, and sometimes in football you have games like this when you dominate but don't find the net.

"We now look forward to next Saturday's derby when we host Everton at the Academy."

Liverpool team: Dean Bouzanis, Steven Irwin, Shane O'Connor, Daniel Ayala, Joe Kennedy, Sean Highdale, David Amoo, Astrit Ajdarevic, Daniel Pachecho, Nathan Eccleston, Krisztian Nemeth (Gerrardo Bruna 60). Subs' unused: Alex Kacaniklic, Martin Hansen (GK), Mattone Awang, Ben Parsonage.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Re: Kristzian Nemeth - where are you?
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2007 05:00:34 pm
      Nice one fella thanks for your assistance, i'm very glad to see Nemeth is still around, good to see Pacheco and Gerardo Bruna getting a run out too.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Krisztián Németh Player Thread
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2008 12:00:21 am
      Apparently Rafa has very high hopes for him. He's scored something like 9 goals in 8 games so he sounds promising. Is he better than Dirk Kuyt? Silly question really, but does he have promise to be a very good striker for Liverpool in the near future?

If we secure 4th I think we should definitely give him a game or so in the Premierleague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmZ0rfKYQk#noexternalembed
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2009 07:00:59 pm by Court LFC »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Krisztián Németh
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2008 12:23:06 am
      2 or 3 years before he will get a serious place in the first team unfortunately but should be good when he does get a chance though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Apr 02, 2008 12:40:24 am
      He certainly has the potential to be a very good striker for Liverpool. No question about it. It's just whether he gets the chance really.

He usually stands out amongst all the players on the pitch when playing for the reserves, which is the first thing I look for in a player at that level. He's not scared to take people on. He's got a very good first touch. He's skillful and his attempts on goal are more times than not, on target. All these things seem natural to him.

Agree with Ra, if we secure fourth before the end of the season, I'd love to see him get a game. I reckon he'd be inspired by it.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Apr 02, 2008 12:52:07 am
      If you're asking me to judge him on that one game against Newcastle.  I'd say he isn't ready just yet.

I've not seen much of him as I don't really follow the Reserves.  But I hope we do bring some great talent through and in to the first team very soon.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2008 01:00:30 am
      If you'd seen him this season Court, I reckon you'd like him.  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2008 01:11:51 am
      Here's his two goals against Everton at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwtnjFM097E&feature=related
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Apr 02, 2008 01:30:35 am
      It's been said in the reserves thread.  He's a talent.  A real promising talent.

Which in Liverpool speak probably means he'll end up at Stoke. Or Crewe.

If Crouch isn't getting a look in then Nemeth's not going to be getting a chance any time soon, and if only play one striker nowadays then his chances look even more limited.

His only possible chance would come if we got an injury to..... (not going to risk jinxing it).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2008 03:34:25 am
      Great first clip, loved his involvement. Top vid mate.

Second clip, seen it before but amazing! What a first goal. Cheers kenny.

Nemeth, i keep hearing his name and i hope he can be the next big thing or atleast a great player for us.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Apr 02, 2008 01:14:01 pm
      I've watched a few reserve games this season and this guy really does stand out from the rest! I said in the reserves thread that I think Rafa will use him in pre season, as Torres and co will have been at Euro 2008. A bonus is he will be with Stevie as well giving him support because we aren't going to Euro 2008  :)
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 02, 2008 05:24:34 pm
      I think this guy should get a chance in the cups (namely the worthless cup) he's a good finisher, very clever player.  Need more youth coming through too, not enough getting a chance.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Apr 02, 2008 05:31:39 pm
      2 or 3 years before he will get a serious place in the first team unfortunately but should be good when he does get a chance though.

I diagree with you there mate I think you will see him  more than a few times on the bench next season he deserves his shot as he has been outsatnding for the reserves this season.
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Apr 02, 2008 05:53:23 pm
      Barca gave Bojan a chance and hie's flourishing, we really need to give our young talents a chance. They are the best in the Reserve league north so why noit. Nemeth to me is special take it or leave it. He is a player I have high hopes for forget about the stokes or crewe thign or I will say you guys are fastidious, cynical and pessimistic. This is a real talent who is doing what torres is doing in the reserves. He didi not start with the team and the tyeam were not in first position when he came. Nemeth, Bruna, Insua, Huth, Hammil are players I hold high hopes for cos they are the ones I have watched. The guy has this desire to improve and he's a prodigy what else?
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 02, 2008 05:55:15 pm
      If he isn't going to get a chance in the first team, then Rafa should at least loan him out for a season. What do guys think?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Apr 02, 2008 05:59:42 pm
      If he isn't going to get a chance in the first team, then Rafa should at least loan him out for a season. What do guys think?

I'd rather loan Voronin out  ;) Seriously though, it's up to Rafa and how many players have broke through from reserve level since Rafa has been here? Hopefully Nemeth will be the start of some players breaking through. If he carries on playing the way he has done, then he's bound to get a look in next season in some way. Certainly in the league cup, like you said before KopQueen.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: Apr 02, 2008 06:01:03 pm
      I diagree with you there mate I think you will see him  more than a few times on the bench next season he deserves his shot as he has been outsatnding for the reserves this season.

Notice I said serious place in the first team. That isnt being on the bench more than a few times. Thats likely to start a good amount of games.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 02, 2008 06:01:49 pm
      I'd rather loan Voronin out  ;) Seriously though, it's up to Rafa and how many players have broke through from reserve level since Rafa has been here? Hopefully Nemeth will be the start of some players breaking through. If he carries on playing the way he has done, then he's bound to get a look in next season in some way. Certainly in the league cup, like you said before KopQueen.

I hope so redkenny ! He's worth a chance.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #19: Apr 02, 2008 06:21:02 pm
      Sounds all very promising, lets just hope he is given a chance. Seems to me nowadays that unless a young player makes an outstanding impact when they are first put into the first team then they dont get much of a chance again. This is why as much as i hope he gets his chance, i hope he is given it at the right time. Something im confident thats Rafa will do.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2008 05:08:19 pm
      I have very high hopes for this lad, seen him play quite a bit in the reserves this season and have been impressed with his work rate and awareness off and on the ball.

Would love him to get a little run in the first team this season, once 4th place is confirmed, and like others have said a place on the bench next season would be good for him to experience the big time, a good pre-season with the big boys and he'll come of age next season..........mind you he's only 19 isn't he?

Plenty of time for him to get better ;D
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Apr 03, 2008 05:24:37 pm
      The next Champions League match will need all our best being ready so maybe it's time to give certain players a rest and Raffa will know who so maybe now is the time for a few young players Like Nementh and Spearing to have a run out and to see what they can do against a football playing team like Arsenal....
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #22: Apr 03, 2008 05:49:26 pm
      I have very high hopes for this lad, seen him play quite a bit in the reserves this season and have been impressed with his work rate and awareness off and on the ball.

Would love him to get a little run in the first team this season, once 4th place is confirmed, and like others have said a place on the bench next season would be good for him to experience the big time, a good pre-season with the big boys and he'll come of age next season..........mind you he's only 19 isn't he?

Plenty of time for him to get better ;D

I think he will do well he seems the type to be determined for success which i love.

Bojan is a good example he was given a shot and is doing stunningly well. I do think bojan will become the worlds best striker, he has something like 8 goals in the first team at 17 amazing talent.

Nemeth will definately do well i hope that Rafa will for once take a big risk and let him play or atleast start training with the first team like Leto is and Hobbs was.

Quick Reply