Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 54256 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Krisztián Németh
      Reply #23: Apr 03, 2008 05:54:21 pm
      Another great youth find and signing by Rafa - who is creating a youth team and set up. Brilliant.

I agree Nemeth deserves his chance, probably next season though... not this.

...after all even Crouchy isn't getting a look in.

One for the future, "for sure" ...as Rafa would say.

IRWT
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #24: Apr 03, 2008 10:55:19 pm
      quality player no doubt about it. Learn more, and improve his game, on loan for a sesason, better than he will warming the bench for the first team ! Needs to be included for the lesser important cup games possibly, but won't get that if he's out on loan. Between a rock and a hard place I think ! Definately one for the near future.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Apr 04, 2008 08:34:52 am
      Loaned out next season and get a look in the season next. Needs experience before hitting the first team IMO.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Apr 04, 2008 08:55:58 am
      Nemeth has the quality to go straight into the 1st team, along with Insua and San Jose... if need be.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Apr 04, 2008 08:59:31 am
      Nemeth has the quality to go straight into the 1st team, along with Insua and San Jose... if need be.

Nemeth possibly, i havent seen enough of him to judge on his character but for ANY defender looking to break through, they definately need experience before breaking through as a first teamer or bit part player. Confidence is key for young defenders and gaining that in lower leagues or abroad is neccesary as any mistake drowns confindence massively when you play for a club like Liverpool.

Pique had a season in Spain and he is 1st choice back up now and will be in for Rio when he retires or looks like he is losing it abit.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Apr 04, 2008 10:33:58 am
      Nemeth is a Striker Crouchinho ;D

Donrafael is right, he does have the quality to go straight into the first team now, although the step up is enormous, I think he's got the confidence to go for it..........give him a chance I say ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Apr 04, 2008 11:27:56 am

Was referring to Insua and San Jose. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2008 11:29:15 am
      Was referring to Insua and San Jose. ;)

Sorry  ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #31: Apr 04, 2008 11:32:08 am
      Could he cope with the physical side though, could he cope with the kickings torres endures throughout games because he certainly wouldnt be getting any protection from referees.

I think he is a great young striker but im not sure if he is ready yet, risks can pay off or fail miserably and i would prefer we wait till it is exactly the right time rather than throw him in at the deep end and have his confidence shot to pieces if he doesnt do as well as he would like to. We have seen from Leto against Marseille already this season that things can go wrong.

I trust rafa to Hopefully put him into the side at the right time and not too late.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Apr 04, 2008 11:39:38 am
      No need to apologise ;D.

Nemeth will make the first team in due course, just have to make sure its done in the right way and for the long haul.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Apr 04, 2008 11:54:00 am
      Could he cope with the physical side though, could he cope with the kickings torres endures throughout games because he certainly wouldnt be getting any protection from referees.

I think he is a great young striker but im not sure if he is ready yet, risks can pay off or fail miserably and I would prefer we wait till it is exactly the right time rather than throw him in at the deep end and have his confidence shot to pieces if he doesnt do as well as he would like to. We have seen from Leto against Marseille already this season that things can go wrong.

I trust rafa to Hopefully put him into the side at the right time and not too late.

Good point lil cisse...........I'm sure Rafa would do the right thing, when the time is ready.
      Just would like him to experience playing in front of a big crowd, once that 4th spot is secure.

OK Crouchinho...... 8)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: Apr 04, 2008 08:26:18 pm
      The amount of times the commentator said Nemeth running with the ball, or taking on the defender is always a good sign, confidense is v.important and he looks as if he's got the talent to back it up aswell
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Apr 04, 2008 08:50:05 pm
      Id like to see him used after we secure 4th place, also next season blood him in the league cup games. Even in premier league games when we are 3 or 4 nil up, im sure the last 20 minutes of the game will do him the world of good.
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Krisztian Nemeth
      Reply #36: Jul 30, 2008 11:40:50 pm
      Is it just me or do some people tink it was wrogn of Rafa to bring him off after playing about 20 mins against Villarreal?

Things like that can only dent the young lads confidence. Just think how you would feel if you got told you were going to spain with the first team and going to play and then get brought off 20 mins after coming on.

By the way, im not trying to get at Rafa or anythin, i just think he should have got a longer run out.

Joe
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Re: Krisztian Nemeth
      Reply #37: Jul 30, 2008 11:42:49 pm
      id be happy to play 20 mins for liverpool 1st team ;D
       yeah but i no what your gettin at
      ian1967
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Krisztian Nemeth
      Reply #38: Jul 31, 2008 09:00:52 pm
      yeah that's a fair shout, but surely Rafa would have just said to Nemeth that he was going to get a 20 min run out, beacuase he wanted torres to take the acclaim of the crowd by coming off the bench. Then nemeth wouldn't have his confidence dented as he knew he would only get 20. seems like common sense to me, but i'm not a manager!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Aug 03, 2008 01:15:56 am
      Nemeth Must Leave Liverpool, Says Koeman

Nemeth is among a group of highly-rated youngsters that have consistently impressed in the reserve side, pressuring manager Rafa Benitez to include them in his first-team plans.

While the group, including Spanish hopeful Daniel Pacheco, have been involved in the first-team during pre-season, Erwin Koeman believes a loan move would serve as a better apprenticeship for the 19-year old.

"I think Krisztian Nemeth is an exceptional talent," Koeman told the gathered press. "But I think he can't improve enough in the Liverpool reserve team.

"He should play in the first division week by week.

"Of course, it's not a problem if he plays in the reserve team for one or two years, but doing it for a longer period is just not good for his development.

"I don't think that, at Liverpool, he has a real chance to play besides Torres, Keane, Voronin or Kuyt.

"If he could get into the senior team then it would be a fantastic success, but I think it's more likely that he'd be loaned to another team or - it's worse - he may stay with the reserves."

The Hungarian has been linked with a loan move to League One outfit Leeds United, with a host of other Championship clubs hopeful of securing his temporary signing.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=802179

F**k off koeman, rafa knows what he is doing and wont hamper his progress and he will be a future star for liverpool fc
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #40: Aug 03, 2008 01:22:03 am
      what the F**k does Koeman know. Ian Rush spent a couple of years in our reserves and we all know how he turned out, nothin wrong with learnin your trade in the reserves. Nemeth will get his chance because he's top quality.

What is this obsession with national managers havin a go at L'pool? Van Basten has done it with every Dutch player we've had durin his reign as Holland manager, Kromkamp, Babel, Kuyt. He's had a dig at us or them personally for playin for us. Just shut the F**k up ALL national managers.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #41: Aug 03, 2008 04:01:01 am
      Agreed there guys, no doubt. Besides, I've noticed no drop in the quality of our play when the young'ins are introduced - the only thing I have noticed is that they tend to take a few pot-shots, which can sometimes pay off!

Koeman, get a grip, fella.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Aug 03, 2008 05:48:29 am
      Oi Koeman, you the manager mate? Rafa knows more than us in terms of youth development, i'm not going to criticise his judgement on Nemeth or any of our young lads.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Jan 26, 2009 06:21:44 pm
      Nemeth is on loan at Blackpool for a month. I'll be following his progress closely. The Championship highlights program  is on ITV on Sunday at 9.25am till 10.25am.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #44: Jan 26, 2009 06:29:56 pm
      Nemeth nedds first team action and at blackpool he's going to get it so i'll be watching him closely he looks like a great player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Jan 26, 2009 07:01:56 pm
      :o i only just found out about him going on loan, did'nt even hear anything about it on Sky Sports News.

Quick Reply