Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 54260 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Krisztián Németh Player Thread
      Reply #391: Jun 05, 2010 02:04:54 am
      Heard he might be staying on at AEK next season but that was a couple of months back.

A lot has happened since...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #392: Jun 05, 2010 02:09:48 am
      Still gutted that he hasn't made a single league apperance yet.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #393: Jun 05, 2010 06:19:00 pm
      The lad might not have progressed, but what I saw of him he only needed a bit more strength. Has a great eye for goal.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #394: Jun 05, 2010 06:56:30 pm
      He's been injured for most of AEK's campaign. Only made something like 7 starts. Think he bagged 3 or 4 goals.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #395: Jun 05, 2010 11:06:14 pm
      Has alwayed looked like a promising your player but I'm scared that he'll decide to leave the club because so far he has never made a first team apperance. Hopefully that will change since Rafa has left.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #396: Jul 08, 2010 09:59:44 pm
      I keep coming on here in the hope of finding quotes from Roy, praising the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco. Hope Nemeth isn't just allowed to sign for AEK now without Roy having a proper look at him.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #397: Jul 09, 2010 03:58:39 pm
      I keep coming on here in the hope of finding quotes from Roy, praising the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco. Hope Nemeth isn't just allowed to sign for AEK now without Roy having a proper look at him.

Just had a quick squint at Google and there is a story there about AEK Athens looking at the possibility of taking Nemeth, Plessis and El Zhar on loan next season. F**k this bollocks, get Nemeth back here and offload El Zhar and Plessis for good!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #398: Jul 09, 2010 04:11:55 pm
      Krisztian Nemeth needs to be given a chance or we will never know whether he's good enough for the Premier League.

Daniel Pacheco is younger and has looked decent in the handful apperances he has made and I'm quite sure Nemeth can too.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #399: Jul 10, 2010 03:05:31 am
      I only hope that Roy's tenure @ the club means a freash start and a clean slate for all players. Get them all back for pre season training and go from there.
      Players such as Nemeth should be given every chance to prove themselves or why else spend so much money on scouting and developing youngsters?
      Be bold Roy and let's see what a year in greek footy has done to add the development of nemeth
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #400: Jul 10, 2010 09:29:52 pm
      I really like Nemeth and think  playing alongside Nandowill only help him, I'd give him ten games without a doubt.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #401: Jul 10, 2010 10:06:23 pm
      Nemeth did okay with Aek Athens last year he was generally used as a sub though can't see him making much of an impact at Liverpool next season to be honest.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #402: Jul 10, 2010 10:44:08 pm
      Who
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #403: Jul 10, 2010 10:50:47 pm
      Nemeth did okay with Aek Athens last year he was generally used as a sub though can't see him making much of an impact at Liverpool next season to be honest.

We'll never know unless we throw him into the murky waters mate :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #404: Jul 10, 2010 11:43:49 pm
      We should mate but I personally don't think he is the player we were hoping he would be, ya he is young and should get better just think he is lacking the pace and physical presence to be a success in England, hope I'm wrong.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #405: Jul 10, 2010 11:53:03 pm
      We should mate but I personally don't think he is the player we were hoping he would be.

To be honest mate I had the same reservations about both Fowler and Owne making the step up,but its a whole different ball game making the step up from reserves to playing with real quality in the first team and to me  once both the afore mentioned players got their chance with real quality they took it ane Nmeth displays the same eye for goal if I have to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #406: Jul 10, 2010 11:57:40 pm
      To be honest mate I had the same reservations about both Fowler and Owne making the step up,but its a whole different ball game making the step up from reserves to playing with real quality in the first team and to me  once both the afore mentioned players got their chance with real quality they took it ane Nmeth displays the same eye for goal if I have to be honest.

Difference is though Fowler and Owen were both younger when they came through, Nemeth is what, 21/22 now?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #407: Jul 11, 2010 12:00:33 am
      I disagree with you on this mate to be honest, I don't there is anyway Nemeth is anywhere near the Owen or Fowler bracket. Both players broke into the first team at 17 and 18 and set it alight.

Nemeth is 21 now and has had a far from impressive season in a sub par league. He started well with AEK but tailed off after that and he got very little goals and spent most of his time on the bench.

Remember watching him for the Hungarian U-20's last year and being disappointed how little he had progressed, even though he got 2 goals against Italy he had a poor tournament and look like he was missing the required speed and Physical attributes necessary to make it in England. I will happily eat my words though if he proves to be a success.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #408: Jul 11, 2010 12:05:17 am
      Difference is though Fowler and Owen were both younger when they came through, Nemeth is what, 21/22 now?

I disagree with you on this mate to be honest, I don't there is anyway Nemeth is anywhere near the Owen or Fowler bracket. Both players broke into the first team at 17 and 18 and set it alight.

Lets be honest here for all Rafa was a good manager he never really showed the confidence in youth that Souness, Evans & Houllier displayed, simlair to Pacheco we all know he posseses quality but we have not seen enough of it in the first team right ?

Thats not slagging Rafa but I believe under the 3 afore mentioned managers Nemeth would have a chance to stake his claim by now, the difference is now the supporters desire for instant success aka the sky sports generation undermimes youth development.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #409: Jul 11, 2010 12:13:01 am
      I think if Rafa had an Owen or Fowler he would have blooded them, remember Owen set a World Cup on fire at 18 and Fowler was an unstoppable goal machine at the same age, a manager would have been blind not to have played them.

I don't think in Rafas time here he had anyone near that talent, and have to say I think if Nemeth was in the two named players bracket we would have seen him a long time ago.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #410: Jul 11, 2010 02:01:02 am
      I think if Rafa had an Owen or Fowler he would have blooded them, remember Owen set a World Cup on fire at 18 and Fowler was an unstoppable goal machine at the same age, a manager would have been blind not to have played them.

I don't think in Rafas time here he had anyone near that talent, and have to say I think if Nemeth was in the two named players bracket we would have seen him a long time ago.

I'm not so sure mate, given Pacheco has the "Potential", notice potential, Im not saying he's a world beater  but he does have the potential to be the next Fabregas etc, yet he hardly featured when a team was really struggling.

I'm not going to blame Rafa for that though as in many ways given the season that went before last what ever he did he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Rock = Hard Place springs to mind to be honest.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #411: Jul 11, 2010 10:33:27 am
      I'm not so sure mate, given Pacheco has the "Potential", notice potential, Im not saying he's a world beater  but he does have the potential to be the next Fabregas etc, yet he hardly featured when a team was really struggling.

I'm not going to blame Rafa for that though as in many ways given the season that went before last what ever he did he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

See i do blame Rafa Blud. Pacheco is definitely good enough and therefore, definitely old enough. If he was to be damned either way; why not take a chance? He stuck by a lot of, out of form puddings, much to his shame and ultimate demise.

I expect Pacheco to step up in a big way this season and i would hope that Nemeth too gets a chance to sink or swim.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #412: Jul 11, 2010 01:10:55 pm
      What's happening with this lad, I've forgotten what he looks like :) Are we getting him back for this next season?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #413: Jul 11, 2010 01:15:36 pm
      But he kept Ngog last season and played him a lot, Rafa obviously thought Ngog was more ready for first team football them Nemeth and Ngog is hardly an Owen or Fowler.

Quick Reply