Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 54253 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Krisztián Németh Player Thread
      Reply #414: Jul 11, 2010 02:04:54 pm
      But he kept Ngog last season and played him a lot, Rafa obviously thought Ngog was more ready for first team football them Nemeth and Ngog is hardly an Owen or Fowler.

He is if it's Mark Owen and Pauline Fowler.  ;D

JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #415: Jul 11, 2010 02:37:40 pm
      when i seen him pre-season last season he was good and should ngog up against thailand, i think he would do well on the bench or and impact player for us. Or the inevitable we loan him out to get more experience to a championship/league 1 side. but i think he's decent with great potential.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #416: Jul 28, 2010 01:48:45 pm
      Anyone know what has happened to this lad?

AEK are in a tournament in Sydney and he is not amongst the squad and I am assuming its because his loan has expired, is he with the lads in Switzerland??
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #417: Jul 28, 2010 01:56:59 pm
      Not sure mate, he hasn't featured in the two games so far. And no pictures of him training at Melwood either
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #418: Jul 28, 2010 02:02:14 pm
      He certainly hasn't flown out for the Europa game mate
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #419: Jul 28, 2010 03:18:29 pm
      He's injured.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #420: Jul 28, 2010 04:28:21 pm
      Nemeth still has Anfield dream
      Young Liverpool striker Krisztian Nemeth could be facing an uphill battle to break into new boss Roy Hodgson’s first team plans this season – but remains hopeful of succeeding at Anfield.

The 21-year-old Hungarian, who has returned to the club for pre-season training at Melwood after spending the whole of last season on loan at Greek outfit AEK Athens, has been left out of the Reds' squad which jetted out to Switzerland and Austria yesterday.

Reports this week have claimed that Italian side Lecce have tabled a £2million bid for Nemeth's services.

But his agent, Tibor Pataky, told the ECHO that the ex-MTK Budapest forward is still eager to prove himself at Liverpool, but admitted the option of another season out on loan was one he would consider.

"Krisztian has a very clear opinion; he wants to stay as a Liverpool player, and his wish is to be successful as a Liverpool player, if Liverpool will give him a chance to fight," said Pataky.

"For now he is back at Melwood, he is working hard and looking forward. If he feels he will get a chance to make the jump into the first team, he will do everything he can to do so. But if not, then he is happy to go for maybe half a season to another club on loan."

Nemeth made 17 appearances, scoring three times, for AEK last season. Reports have suggested the Greek club are keen on extending their deal with him, while a host of Serie A clubs are also said to be circulating.

But Pataky says the striker's future will be decided first by Liverpool, with youngster then assessing his options.

"There have been no discussions with Roy Hodgson yet, but we know a lot about the philosophy of the manager from (Hungarian Fulham player) Zoltan Gera," he said.

"But we must stress, first it is for Liverpool FC to decide on Krisztian's future.

"He has complete faith in the club. If they want him to return to AEK, then we will think about it. If they want him to go to one of the Italian clubs who are showing an interest, then we will think about it.

"He trusts himself of course, but he is also realistic. If Liverpool say he can fight for a first team place, then he will do so. If not, he will respect their decisions."

Having helped the Reds' reserve team to championship glory in 2007-08, and now proven himself in a top-level of European football, Nemeth is clearly developing fast.

He starred for Hungary's under-20 side at last summer's World Cup in Egypt, and in May made his senior debut for the national team against Germany in Budapest. And with Euro 2012 qualifiers approaching, the Gyor-born forward has an added incentive to perform this season.

"Of course the Hungarian national team is very important to him," says Pataky.

"He will now fight for a place in the squad for the Euro 2012 qualification matches."

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/nemeth-still-has-anfield-dream

How comes this wasn't posted up, seems like he wants a future at the club to me :)
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #421: Jul 29, 2010 02:10:35 am
      Sounds like good news to me! Roy liked Gera so i'm sure he'll give Nemeth a chance he would be stupid not too!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #422: Jul 29, 2010 02:18:13 am
      Sounds like good news to me! Roy liked Gera so I'm sure he'll give Nemeth a chance he would be stupid not too!

Purely because of his nationality?
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #423: Jul 29, 2010 10:33:52 am

No because there attitude seems to be quite similar, quiet but hard working.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #424: Jul 29, 2010 02:07:36 pm
      Good news that, hope he makes the effort to impress Roy.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #425: Jul 29, 2010 03:07:25 pm
      Glad to hear that. If Ngog does get loaned out, it may give him a chance.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #426: Jul 29, 2010 03:19:19 pm
      He does deserve a chance at the very least. Hope he gets it, great finisher.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #427: Jul 30, 2010 04:52:28 pm
      Come on Roy trust the boy.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #428: Aug 12, 2010 03:17:32 pm
      Krisztian's goal with Hungary u-21:

Németh Krisztián - Bosznia
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #429: Aug 12, 2010 03:22:29 pm
      Best play this year,
      He's better than the Mancs' 'Chicharito' and easily as good as N'Gog
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #430: Aug 12, 2010 03:28:55 pm
      I really do hope he gets his chance this season. He really does deserve it.

I can see Purslime trying to ship him out though :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #431: Aug 12, 2010 03:31:23 pm
      Pure slime could always give him the 11 and pretend we signed that second striker we wanted so badly
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #432: Aug 12, 2010 03:33:41 pm
      I rate Krisztián a few things you always look for in a striker is pace, composure and the ability to finish and I think he has all three, he's a good little player watching him in the ressies and he deserves his chance in my opinion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #433: Aug 12, 2010 03:35:59 pm
      Given that we are skint I cant fathom why he has not featured for us thus far. Surely Roy should have a look at him. Would love for himself and Dani to make it here
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #434: Aug 12, 2010 03:41:05 pm
      Great composure in front of goal, good finisher, be very upset if he doesn't at least get a chance.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #435: Aug 12, 2010 07:29:10 pm
      I fully agree. He has to be given the chance this season, who along with Pacheco, could be like 2 new exciting signings.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #436: Aug 12, 2010 07:32:02 pm
      You can tell he has that goal scoring instinct and good movement, really hope he get's some time to play for us this season.

Quick Reply