Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Who here is in school/college/university?

Read 43629 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Who here is in school/college/university?
      Reply #115: Sep 27, 2009 01:32:09 pm
      Managed to get in contact with my seminar leader on Wednesday mornings.

Before, I had to travel in for a seminar at 9am with nothing to attend afterwards. Now, I can have a free Wednesday, and attend the same session but on a Friday at 4pm. I've got another module at 5pm anyway.

Very pleased about that!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #116: Sep 27, 2009 03:53:24 pm
      Managed to get in contact with my seminar leader on Wednesday mornings.

Before, I had to travel in for a seminar at 9am with nothing to attend afterwards. Now, I can have a free Wednesday, and attend the same session but on a Friday at 4pm. I've got another module at 5pm anyway.

Very pleased about that!

Slacker! :D

Anyway, very pleased for you mate. Finally you can take Wednesdays off and enjoy yourself a bit!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #117: Sep 27, 2009 09:47:29 pm
      Was an eventful one last night for me, had a fight with a boy on the dance floor, just a randomer that started acting like a n*b right infront of me. Did try to avoid it but when someones in your face it's hard not to give them a forceful push.

Came back and smashed me in the face then though, so a black eye isn't going to look too good for my first lecture tomorrow. :( Didn't see the boy after that so I hope I landed a decent punch.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2009 09:58:46 pm by StevieG-force »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #118: Sep 27, 2009 10:09:53 pm
      Met some people from my course today :)

Slowly getting into the swing of things.

Wish I'd managed to get involved with the swingers groups when I was at uni.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #119: Sep 27, 2009 10:12:03 pm
      :lmao:

F**k off ye f**ker ye!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #120: Sep 27, 2009 10:13:16 pm
       :-*
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #121: Sep 27, 2009 11:04:58 pm
      Oooh boy, everyone is here partying and drinking till the wee hours and here I am at 11 pm, posting :P

Can't believe it :D they're here to study or what?  ???  ???

Well, 6 of my 7 floor mates are English. They're nice, though and I always get to touch them girls.  >:D
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #122: Sep 27, 2009 11:12:45 pm
      I am currently trying to pick my Uni courses for next year. As pure coincidence (;)) most of the courses that i am thinking of doing are in Liverpool John Moores. About 4 of the 6 courses i am looking at are in LJM. However, its a big step for me as it would mean moving away from Ireland. I am heading over for the open day on the 9th October (unfortunatley, there is no match that weekend :() What i want to ask people is- does LJM have a good reputation? Is there a lot of student accomodation in Liverpool? Also, and this goes to anyone who has studied these subjects and not just at LJM, has anyone studied Working with Children and Young People, Social Work, Youth and Community Studies and how did you find it? Cheers to anyone who can offer any support.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #123: Sep 27, 2009 11:15:56 pm
      Sorry to piss on your bonfire Semple, but I did my postgrad at John Moores and they were shockingly bad. University of Liverpool's little brother. I did my degree at Univ. of Liverpool and the difference in quality was vast. Are there no courses at the uni you're interested in?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #124: Sep 27, 2009 11:34:24 pm
      Oooh boy, everyone is here partying and drinking till the wee hours and here I am at 11 pm, posting :P

Can't believe it :D they're here to study or what?  ???  ???

Well, 6 of my 7 floor mates are English. They're nice, though and I always get to touch them girls.  >:D

:o

Like what Dadorious said it'll have your impact on your life - if not academically than socially!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #125: Sep 27, 2009 11:35:02 pm
      Sorry to piss on your bonfire Semple, but I did my postgrad at John Moores and they were shockingly bad. University of Liverpool's little brother. I did my degree at Univ. of Liverpool and the difference in quality was vast. Are there no courses at the uni you're interested in?

I was considering a few at University of Ulster. One is in Jordanston (outskirts of Belfast) which is Community Youth Work and one is at Magee (in Co.Derry) and that is Social Work. However, i am quite keen to move somewere outside Ireland for the simple fact of being a bit more independent and also to experience somewere other than Belfast. There are advantages to staying near home (e.g sunday dinner, getting clothes washed for me ;D and also having a car) but to be honest, i want to try somewere else. I am still looking. Have a few prospectuses and a big UCAS book from my Mums school and i will continue looking. Liverpool Uni was an option but i thought that the grade entry level were maybe a bit to high. I am going to order a prospectus from them so what the craic is with some of the courses their. Cheers Gow mate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #126: Sep 27, 2009 11:36:47 pm
      Was an eventful one last night for me, had a fight with a boy on the dance floor, just a randomer that started acting like a n*b right infront of me. Did try to avoid it but when someones in your face it's hard not to give them a forceful push.

Came back and smashed me in the face then though, so a black eye isn't going to look too good for my first lecture tomorrow. :( Didn't see the boy after that so I hope I landed a decent punch.

Had that before, on the d-floor some drugged up f**ker hit me square in the jaw just because i stepped in when he was having a go at a mate. Couldn't chew for 2 days! Had to laugh though, because after that me and my four mates just stood there looking at him and he realized he was not in a good position and bailed :D

Anyways, back on topic. Start college in two days, ordered my books off Amazon because im basically getting them half price or less than what i would buying from the F***ing rip off school book shop! May not be here in time for lectures to start but if they give me grief ill tell them to go lower prices at the shop and then ill get them on time ;) Seriously, i got a $90 book for around $40! Who could blame me?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #127: Sep 27, 2009 11:51:46 pm
      I was considering a few at University of Ulster. One is in Jordanston (outskirts of Belfast) which is Community Youth Work and one is at Magee (in Co.Derry) and that is Social Work. However, I am quite keen to move somewere outside Ireland for the simple fact of being a bit more independent and also to experience somewere other than Belfast. There are advantages to staying near home (e.g sunday dinner, getting clothes washed for me ;D and also having a car) but to be honest, I want to try somewere else. I am still looking. Have a few prospectuses and a big UCAS book from my Mums school and I will continue looking. Liverpool Uni was an option but I thought that the grade entry level were maybe a bit to high. I am going to order a prospectus from them so what the craic is with some of the courses their. Cheers Gow mate.

You should deffo move away from home. I didn't, and I wish I had. Waited until I was about 27 to leave home, and it was SO liberating you wouldn't believe. Doing all the things you take for granted for yourself is actually good most of the time. I particularly enjoy deciding what I'm having for tea. :)

Good luck whatever you do!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #128: Sep 28, 2009 12:01:51 am
      You should deffo move away from home. I didn't, and I wish I had. Waited until I was about 27 to leave home, and it was SO liberating you wouldn't believe. Doing all the things you take for granted for yourself is actually good most of the time. I particularly enjoy deciding what I'm having for tea. :)

Good luck whatever you do!

Well whatever happens, i'll move out of the house. If i stay in Belfast, i will get a flat with mates. When i mentioned Sunday Dinner etc, i meant returning on a Sunday morning dieing of a hangover and my Mum giving me a Roast......lovely! Cheers Gow.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #129: Sep 29, 2009 02:56:12 pm
      Just leaving for my first day of college, wish me luck! Gotta watch score updates on my bloody iPhone :D
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #130: Sep 29, 2009 03:02:10 pm
      Good luck on your first day of college BigV ! I envy you , I'm waiting to get out of this prison ( school ) !
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #131: Sep 29, 2009 11:27:19 pm
      Moving away from home is a personal decision - you will know what's right for you.

I knew it was right for me to stay at home and I'm glad I did it. I know some people already that have regretted moving away. At the same time I know people who wish they'd moved away.

I think sometimes people 'feel the need' to move away just as that's kinda the 'done thing'. I didn't give a sh*t, I did what I was most comfortable with. Advise everyone else to do the same!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #132: Oct 01, 2009 11:52:53 am
      I'll be graduating from school tomorrow. I'm in a really depressed mood, i don't want to leave :'(
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #133: Oct 01, 2009 02:29:48 pm
      Congrats Crouchy!

All the best in your study for the HSC.

Chin up mate you will be allright after one semester of uni life you will foget all about high school, look back and realise how sh*t it was.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #134: Oct 01, 2009 02:39:12 pm
      I'll be graduating from school tomorrow. I'm in a really depressed mood, I don't want to leave :'(

You'll be right mate, i was a bit the same, I didn't wanna lose seeing my mates everyday. But been almost 4 years now and all my best mates i still talk to all the time, and before i moved to the states i used to see them all the time, going out for beers or just chilling out. Had so many good times since then, and you'll have the same thing to. World's your oyster Crouchy :) Take that for its original meaning, or that the worlds an aphrodisiac, up to you :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #135: Oct 01, 2009 05:58:23 pm
      Starting to realise that I'm going to have to do quite a few presentations this year it seems.

Shitting it. At least they are done in groups, but still. Shitting it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #136: Oct 01, 2009 06:06:00 pm
      Really enjoying the history class I'm doing. We are talking about the whole reform movement in the US from 1890 through the early 1900's, real interesting stuff. Pity it's an 8am one though, up at 6am this morning for it! 10am now and I just wanna sleep.

Good luck with that Ross! I hate those bloody things, hope ya get through it. Groups can be annoying at times depending who ya get to! Got that for my drama literature at th moment, and there are these little drama nerd boys trying to get into the teachers back pocket and I just wanna hit the sucky up bas**rds! :D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #137: Oct 01, 2009 06:11:16 pm
      I'll be graduating from school tomorrow. I'm in a really depressed mood, I don't want to leave :'(

The seniors of my school are also graduating tomorrow, the Class of 2009. I'm in the Class of 2010, so I'm in for the next graduation after tomorrow, sad stuff.

I still remember my first day at the school, they seem to pass so quickly! Very nearly the senior of the school now.

Quick Reply