Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona

Read 29392 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: LIVE: True Thai Premier League All Stars v Liverpool
      Reply #230: Jul 14, 2015 03:57:29 pm
      Anybody know who the guy is in the Liverpool suit jacket and tie on the small stage? Saw him being introduced to the teams before kick off too but not seen him before.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona
      Reply #231: Jul 14, 2015 03:58:20 pm
      That Hendo assist.

sh*t the bed.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: LIVE: True Thai Premier League All Stars v Liverpool
      Reply #232: Jul 14, 2015 03:59:19 pm
      guess That 2nd half was hard as a whole game fitness wise
       Liked the way origin fought for every ball
      hendo and milner  were very good
       not the toughest of opposition ,  but good moves and ideas from the lads
      now to Australia
      well done reds
      YNWA
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona
      Reply #233: Jul 14, 2015 04:01:11 pm
      In game and Post Match rabona

:)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #234: Jul 14, 2015 04:04:17 pm
      Had to laugh at kolo trying to pass the trophy on and the lads acting like it was a blob of sh*t.

;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #235: Jul 14, 2015 04:05:12 pm
      Can see both Origi and Ings scoring goals in our side.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #236: Jul 14, 2015 04:05:17 pm

Indeed.

Was more of a ra-boner IMO.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #237: Jul 14, 2015 04:10:50 pm
      As for the match, inferior opposition or not I liked seeing some of the lads today, old friends are back and I have to say new friends are welcome. Hendo was quality today and if that's a small glimpse of what the armband means to him I look forward to watching him this season.

Origi looks potentially excellent, he reminds me of someone but can't think who. Milner solid as expected, Ings was good first half and that take down in the 28th was world class. Jordan Ibe is basically sterling but actually knows what to do when he meets a defender, city could've saved £25m easy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #238: Jul 14, 2015 04:17:28 pm
      First trophy of the season!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #239: Jul 14, 2015 04:19:00 pm
      Hendo assist.... Eh yer I would!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #240: Jul 14, 2015 04:44:40 pm
      Hendo assist.... Eh yer I would!

Excellent :)
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #241: Jul 14, 2015 04:45:51 pm
      As for the match, inferior opposition or not I liked seeing some of the lads today, old friends are back and I have to say new friends are welcome. Hendo was quality today and if that's a small glimpse of what the armband means to him I look forward to watching him this season.

Origi looks potentially excellent, he reminds me of someone but can't think who. Milner solid as expected, Ings was good first half and that take down in the 28th was world class. Jordan Ibe is basically sterling but actually knows what to do when he meets a defender, city could've saved £25m easy.

I'm loving what I'm reading, this and others.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6926 
      Reply #242: Jul 14, 2015 04:49:41 pm
      Liked the look of Origi.  Looked like a grafter.

Don't think he's the 30 goal a season man just yet - and still think we need another striker - but was happy with what I saw.

Incredibly difficult to judge against that kind of opposition but was pleased with a lot of things I saw.  Will have been a good workout and good to know they can get a result on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke Bangkok.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #243: Jul 14, 2015 04:55:27 pm

Agreed. I thought Markovic and Tex were the best of the first half with Hendo and Origi the best of the 2nd. Special mention for Gomez, Ings, and Milner who all looked decent as well.

I'll probably catch sh*t for this, but Origi reminds me of Welbeck.... Tall, quick, strong, lean, and athletic!! If he can develop the technical side of his game better than Welbeck has then he'll be a top player!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #244: Jul 14, 2015 04:57:56 pm
      I'll probably catch sh*t for this, but Origi reminds me of Welbeck.... Tall, quick, strong, lean, and athletic!! If he can develop the technical side of his game better than Welbeck has then he'll be a top player!!

He arrived very unproven, and all the negative press about him was a little unsettling.

After this afternoon, I'm more reassured, certainly looks to be a player there.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #245: Jul 14, 2015 05:10:57 pm
      Just caught up with the 2nd half after doing the school run, i'm surprised nobody mentioned Joe Maguire at LB.  Yes I know he had very little defending to do but he got in some great attacking positions and put a few good crosses in too.

Not bad for an 18yr olds debut  ;D

Agree with everyone else too Origi looks to be just what we need up top.  Runs the channels, big, strong and not afraid to get a shot off.  Put some work in too considering the conditions.

Seems like we've got a decent squad at last.  Oh and Clyne and Ibe down the right  ;D ;D ;D ;D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #246: Jul 14, 2015 05:30:11 pm
      Good warm-up in the end. Bring on the next one.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #247: Jul 14, 2015 05:31:02 pm
      Impossible to judge anyone as the Thai team had never once played together in the past.

That said, Clyne, Gomez, Origi, Milner and Ings all acquitted themselves very well.

Best performance was not seeing a certain player whose name rhymes with Doreen Serving anywhere near my club.

Henderson looks like he's out to prove a point. Watch this space.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #248: Jul 14, 2015 05:34:32 pm
      Just caught up with the 2nd half after doing the school run, i'm surprised nobody mentioned Joe Maguire at LB.  Yes I know he had very little defending to do but he got in some great attacking positions and put a few good crosses in too.

Not bad for an 18yr olds debut  ;D

Was just gonna post that.

I'm particularly interested in the minutes that Joe Maguire will be getting in pre-season. Moreno still unconvincing, Enrique is leaving, Flano not back until Jan/Feb, Wisdom probably a gap-filler at LB - If he impresses, he might get a lotta games in the cups and Europa
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #249: Jul 14, 2015 05:39:53 pm
      Impossible to judge anyone as the Thai team had never once played together in the past.

I agree, but I'm encourage and upbeat to see 2 balanced teams out there and hope this is an indication of how it'll be throughout the season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #250: Jul 14, 2015 05:52:12 pm
      Was just gonna post that.

I'm particularly interested in the minutes that Joe Maguire will be getting in pre-season. Moreno still unconvincing, Enrique is leaving, Flano not back until Jan/Feb, Wisdom probably a gap-filler at LB - If he impresses, he might get a lotta games in the cups and Europa

It's possible he could get quite a few mate, he certainly didn't do anything wrong today when given his chance.  I know the opposition wasn't anything to write home about but neverless he can only play against what he's up against.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #251: Jul 14, 2015 06:06:26 pm
      http://footyroom.com/thailand-all-stars-0-4-liverpool-2015-07/

Highlights for anyone who's not seen the goals...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #252: Jul 14, 2015 06:12:48 pm
      I was mightily impressed by both halves particularly Ings, Rossiter & Texeira, followed by Origi,  Hendo, Ibe and Clyne, considering the oppo didn't at all pose any worries I thought all round it was a decent work out,

When you add the quality of Sturridge, Coutinho, and Firmino I think we have the makings of a very good squad of players, of course the prem will be as tough as always and we will have our ups and downs, but I believe we are already much stronger than last season,

It is only the beginning and without going overboard with praise it's a very encouraging start,  onwards, upwards as the saying goes.

YNWA

Quick Reply