Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona

Read 29212 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      True Thai Premier League All Stars 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match rabona
      Jul 14, 2015 10:49:39 am
      Yay!!   It's football time again folks as we kick off our pre season tour this afternoon.

With the heat and humidity I expect to see most of the players get some gametime.  Don't think the starting line up to be an indication of who will start the actual season on 9th August but there's a few of the new guys that I'm particularly looking forward to seeing today.

Origi, Ings and Clyne from the new guys and Teixeira, Kent and Rossiter from the Academy.  Let's hope there's plenty of goals as we didn't see enough of them last season  ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2015 05:07:24 pm by JD »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre Match - True Thai Premier League All Stars v Liverpool. Today 2pm ko.
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2015 12:16:52 pm
      Hoping someone can find a decent stream for this one so I can watch it at work!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2015 12:31:42 pm
      Ok so nobody's bothered about the match later then.  That's alright I'll just have a conversation with myself.

I'd like to see a few goals, I'm looking forward to seeing how Origi and Ings play.  I'd like to see some of the young lads getting involved as although I've seen them play loads with the Youth teams it's a different kettle of fish playing with and against the men. 

I've heard today that RM is seriously after our Pedro (Chirivella) so the sooner he can be fast tracked into the 1sts the better, he's one player I really don't want us to be losing before he's even had a go.  I think him and Rossiter could seal our DM spots for many years to come so maybe that's why Brendan's reluctant to bring in someone at that position  ;)

I'm guessing the game will be played at a snailspace due to the heat and humidity but there should still be opportunities for players to have little bursts of speed here and there.  Ryan Kent, if he gets on the pitch I'd expect to show something a bit special, he just needs to not let the occasion get to him.

Young Joe Maguire has come on leaps and bounds last season at LB, probably one of the reasons he's gone on the tour is to see if we really need to buy another one.  If he can save us a few quid, along with Ilori, Wisdom and Flanno when he's back filling in then that's fine by me.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2015 12:34:01 pm
      I'm looking for a Sterling performance... .Oh wait... ;D,

Seriously, the new campaign starts here, like Debs said I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys making an impression without being over the top, a nice gentle run out for all with a convincing win will do nicely,

Be just great seeing the 'Redmen' back on the green stuff.

Any win will do !

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2015 12:34:43 pm
      Hoping someone can find a decent stream for this one so I can watch it at work!

Working?  On a match day?  Tut Tut Scott  ;D
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2015 12:35:47 pm
      Cant wait for the game, doesnt matter its a friendly. i just want to see us in action. Cou and firmino are still on vacation?
      btw they are not showing this game here, so +1 for anyone who provides the stream :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2015 12:40:01 pm
      All of these pre season games are on on working days and during working hours here. SKY tele box set to record, will watch laterz.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Jul 14, 2015 12:40:38 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Jul 14, 2015 12:41:27 pm
      Ok so nobody's bothered about the match later then.  That's alright I'll just have a conversation with myself.

I'd like to see a few goals, I'm looking forward to seeing how Origi and Ings play.  I'd like to see some of the young lads getting involved as although I've seen them play loads with the Youth teams it's a different kettle of fish playing with and against the men. 

I've heard today that RM is seriously after our Pedro (Chirivella) so the sooner he can be fast tracked into the 1sts the better, he's one player I really don't want us to be losing before he's even had a go.  I think him and Rossiter could seal our DM spots for many years to come so maybe that's why Brendan's reluctant to bring in someone at that position  ;)

I'm guessing the game will be played at a snailspace due to the heat and humidity but there should still be opportunities for players to have little bursts of speed here and there.  Ryan Kent, if he gets on the pitch I'd expect to show something a bit special, he just needs to not let the occasion get to him.

Young Joe Maguire has come on leaps and bounds last season at LB, probably one of the reasons he's gone on the tour is to see if we really need to buy another one.  If he can save us a few quid, along with Ilori, Wisdom and Flanno when he's back filling in then that's fine by me.

Apologies Debs, had no idea you'd created a pre-match thread. If it wasn't for checking the offal before then I would have forgot about the game entirely :D

Looking forward to seeing a couple of the new and younger lads today.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Jul 14, 2015 12:43:48 pm
      Since this is a friendly, we can use this thread as Live thread too. (Mods, ok?)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jul 14, 2015 12:46:35 pm
      Apologies Debs, had no idea you'd created a pre-match thread. If it wasn't for checking the offal before then I would have forgot about the game entirely :D

Looking forward to seeing a couple of the new and younger lads today.

I realised after I'd gone to bed last night that there wasn't one and nearly got up to do it but decided to wait till this morning.  These games have come round so quickly, can't believe it's only 3 weeks off the start of the season. 

It's good to be back playing again after the mess of last season though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Jul 14, 2015 12:49:35 pm
      Since this is a friendly, we can use this thread as Live thread too. (Mods, ok?)

Nice one Clint, I'll leave it to you, "The Live Match Thread Maestro", to do the starting lineups etc  :gt-happyup:
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Re: LIVE: True Thai Premier League All Stars v Liverpool
      Reply #12: Jul 14, 2015 12:50:17 pm
      The team hotel ahead of the clash with True Thai All Stars.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #13: Jul 14, 2015 12:53:36 pm
      Very excited!!!

Would love to see us play 4213 or 41212 formation in pre season and move away from 3421 formation!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2015 12:57:51 pm
      Very excited!!!

Would love to see us play 4213 or 41212 formation in pre season and move away from 3421 formation!

Don't think we'll see that 3-4-1-2 formation again after it got found out last season.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2015 01:01:51 pm

Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Danny Ings make their first Liverpool appearances from the start against the True Thai Premier League All Stars in Bangkok.

Brendan Rodgers has named the trio of summer signings in his XI for the pre-season friendly at the Rajamangala Stadium.

The line-up in full: Bogdan, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Rossiter, Teixeira, Markovic, Ings, Lambert.

Meanwhile, Nathaniel Clyne, James Milner and Divock Origi will play for the Reds for the first time in the second half, with the boss planning a wholesale change to his side.

The team in the second half is: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Origi.

Additional substitutes: Fulton, Cleary, Moreno, Chirivella, Kent, Wilson, Ojo.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2015 01:04:01 pm

Starting XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Origi

Subs: Bogdan, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Rossiter, Teixeira, Markovic, Ings, Lambert, Cleary, Moreno, Chirivella, Kent, Wilson, Ojo

And they're all stuck on the team bus in the Bangkok traffic  :D

They've arrived now.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2015 01:05:34 pm
      And they're all stuck on the team bus in the Bangkok traffic  :D

They've arrived now.

I changed the line-up :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2015 01:06:22 pm

Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Danny Ings make their first Liverpool appearances from the start against the True Thai Premier League All Stars in Bangkok.

Brendan Rodgers has named the trio of summer signings in his XI for the pre-season friendly at the Rajamangala Stadium.

The line-up in full: Bogdan, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Rossiter, Teixeira, Markovic, Ings, Lambert.

Meanwhile, Nathaniel Clyne, James Milner and Divock Origi will play for the Reds for the first time in the second half, with the boss planning a wholesale change to his side.

The team in the second half is: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Origi.

Additional substitutes: Fulton, Cleary, Moreno, Chirivella, Kent, Wilson, Ojo.

Gomez RB and Wisdom LB? We really are mixing things up.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2015 01:06:45 pm

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2015 01:09:01 pm
      Gomez RB and Wisdom LB? We really are mixing things up.

Or...

Wisdom Toure Sakho
      Gomez                 Markovic
             Rossiter  Lucas
                  Teixeira
              Ings    Lambert

:(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2015 01:11:29 pm
      Wisdom RB and Gomez LB?

Interesting. Might mean Gomez could push Moreno for playing time if he is any good?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2015 01:14:55 pm
      Wisdom RB and Gomez LB?

Interesting. Might mean Gomez could push Moreno for playing time if he is any good?

Really wouldn't be hard for him to be better than Moreno.

Quick Reply