Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joe Maguire Player Thread

Read 4348 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Joe Maguire Player Thread
      Jul 15, 2015 11:14:30 am
      Thought I'd better get this started seeing as he's away on Tour and could end up being one of our back up LBs this season.  Joe is one of those players who never really shone at the younger age groups but this last season has really come into his own after moving up to the u21's.

As I said in the match thread yesterday, he did really well.  He made some great overlapping runs and put some beautiful crosses in, with Origi only just missing getting on the end of one in particular.  If Moreno illness lingers he could get another run out in the next game too.

Joe Maguire has been with Liverpool's Academy since the tender age of nine and is a regular member of the U21 squad.

A left back with a sweet left foot, Maguire can deliver quality passes into dangerous areas for his teammates to attack.

Maguire's high fitness and stamina levels allow him to motor up and down the wing into positions where he can cause problems for the opposition.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 02:55:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Joe Maguire Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2017 09:35:20 pm
      Not been a lot to say about joe since I started his player thread and he's now left the club on a permanent deal to fleetwood.

Best of luck Joe  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

CONFIRMED: Liverpool U23s defender Joe Maguire joins Fleetwood Town

Jack Lusby on 13.01.2017

Liverpool Under-23s full-back Joe Maguire has left the club, joining League One side Fleetwood Town on a permanent transfer.

The 20-year-old had been in and out of the U23sā€™ lineup this season, with the likes of Juanma, Corey Whelan and Trent Alexander-Arnold preferred at full-back.

Expected to depart on loan this January, Maguire has instead sealed a permanent deal with the Lancashire outfit, who are managed by former Wigan Athletic and Leeds United manager Uwe Rosler.

Though primarily a left-back, Maguire can also operate at right-back and centre-back, and made one appearance for the Liverpool first team.

This came as a late substitute in last seasonā€™s 2-2 draw with Exeter City in the third round of the FA Cup, but with no sign of another opportunity forthcoming, this move is a sensible one.

ā€œIā€™ve not been at another club since Liverpool for 13 years but Iā€™ve seen the routine here and the ambition of the club, and Iā€™m just delighted to get involved,ā€ he said on signing with Fleetwood.

ā€œHow the ambition of the club is and the manager thatā€™s involved that made me want to obviously come here and get involved.

ā€œThey want to go somewhere; I think thereā€™s a lot of clubs that obviously arenā€™t in the same position that were interested.

ā€œBut Iā€™d say this club definitely knows where they want to be and Iā€™m excited and I want to hopefully help them get promotion this season.ā€

Maguire had captained the U23s in the past, and remains a player with considerable potential for the level he is set to play at.

But with Juanma and Alexander-Arnold ahead of him on Merseyside in particular, he was unlikely to foster a long-term future with Liverpool.

As such, Maguire, follows a long list of high-profile academy departures under JĆ¼rgen Klopp, including Jordan Rossiter (Rangers), Jerome Sinclair (Watford) and Sergi Canos (Norwich City).

His departure may have prompted Kloppā€™s move to recall Sam Hart from his loan spell with Port Vale, with the 20-year-old returning to Anfield midway through his season-long deal.

Maguire becomes the second player to leave the club this month, following Pedro Chirivellaā€˜s loan move to Go Ahead Eagles, while Tiago Iloriā€˜s transfer to Reading is set to be announced soon.

Good luck, Joe!

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/confirmed-liverpool-u23s-defender-joe-maguire-joins-fleetwood-town/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2017 01:28:41 am
      I knew he was moving to Fleetwood but had no idea until now that it is on a permanent deal. Good luck to him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2017 08:10:52 am
      I knew he was moving to Fleetwood but had no idea until now that it is on a permanent deal. Good luck to him.

Think it was intended as a loan mate but he decided on the permanent move so yeah good luck to him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2017 08:29:46 am
      Think it was intended as a loan mate but he decided on the permanent move so yeah good luck to him.

Brave decision from him. It can be difficult taking a big step away from your safety net and going out into the big bad world of league football. Another team and player to keep an eye on in the future.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2017 08:34:10 am
      Brave decision from him. It can be difficult taking a big step away from your safety net and going out into the big bad world of league football. Another team and player to keep an eye on in the future.

They're going great guns too, 6th in league 1 so he could get to a decent level pretty quickly.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2017 08:49:48 am
      They're going great guns too, 6th in league 1 so he could get to a decent level pretty quickly.

Just had a quick gander at it a minute ago, had no idea they were that high up. If they can turn their away form around then they'll put themselves in a great position to make the playoffs. Win their game in hand and they go 4 points above 7th.

It's great to see how far Fleetwood have come over the years, I remember watching them against my local team in the Conference North not that long ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2017 12:15:21 pm
      Just had a quick gander at it a minute ago, had no idea they were that high up. If they can turn their away form around then they'll put themselves in a great position to make the playoffs. Win their game in hand and they go 4 points above 7th.

It's great to see how far Fleetwood have come over the years, I remember watching them against my local team in the Conference North not that long ago.

They've a local guy owns them and he's really pushed them on.  Getting Rosler as manager was a master stroke at that level too.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: Jul 18, 2022 01:15:05 pm
      Maguire signed for League One club Fleetwood Town on 13 January 2017 on a two-and-a-half-year contract

Quick Reply