Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?

Read 39341 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?
      Reply #138: Aug 09, 2015 12:45:53 pm
      How bizarre that we had a disastrous last season, little to suggest anything is going to change this season, and instead of addressing your criticism where it SHOULD be addressed, i.e., Rodgers, the owners, the committee etc, you decide to have a go at... me.

you do realize it's not *my* fault that we were absolutely sh*te last season, don't you?

If we do well this season then you won't have to put up with anything from me; but yes, if we are utter rubbish again with that fraud Rodgers taking our club deeper and deeper into midtable mediocrity, yes, you will have to put up with a lot.  Because I don't sit there twiddling my thumbs thinking "oh well, we'll get it right next season."

but go on and stick your head in the sand if you'd like.

I hate to be one of *those* people but I really do wonder how many of you sunshiners are true supporters.  How on earth can you be so passive and apathetic while you see our best players ditching the club, a continual stream of mediocre mid-table signings, a feckless manager and owners who couldn't care less?

how on earth does that NOT bother you people?!

Couldn't agree more. There is no evidence at all to suggest Rodgers is a good coach. His transfer record is poor, his defensive nous is appalling and his tactical acumen is rot.
      I will post optimistic posts as soon as i see a glimmer of consistent improvement. In the interim, how i see it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #139: Aug 09, 2015 02:13:26 pm
      Who are we to expect this or that? An illustrious past doesn't mean we are entitled to anything. the club is either improving with the people running it, youth development and decisive contracts for players who are the difference or it isn't.
      BR may or may not turn out to be THE manager we underestimated and learns from his mistakes because he is a young manager.

One thing I won't do though is go on about all the F***ing woes and tribulations I feel in regards to us not doing well. The new season is about to start and certain fuckers on here are already going on about themselves and mapping out our failure. Pisses me off to F**k.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #140: Aug 09, 2015 02:29:49 pm
      I think there is a great coach in Brendan and some club will reapbthe benefit but for us I think we need to see it this season.

Gutfeeling is we will see it, or at least some of it, but will it be enough to satisfy some folk remains to be seen.

I think he knows it as well and he will go all out this season and if he fails it won't be for the want of trying.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #141: Aug 09, 2015 02:32:01 pm
      Well. it's finally here. Cock on the block and it's time to deliver. Now in his fourth Season it is now or never for Brendan. I seriously hope he gets it right. There can be no excuses from here on in, he's had more than enough time to implement his philosophy and ideas.

Every Season we have a squad of players that can beat anyone in this League on their day, that is why i fully expect us to challenge for the Title. That's not optimism, it's expectation gauged on the Squad of players we have and knowing what we are capable of when the team applies itself.

It's no good showing glimpses, we have to be more consistent. With consistency will come success, i am sure of it. The defence is key this Season, if Brendan does not sort this out then he is a goner. It has been a concern since he arrived and it is still our biggest concern, that is what worries me the most.

He has to instil character into the team, we cannot afford to buckle again like we did last Season. While i am fully aware that it is the duty of the players to show their character, it is also down to Brendan to give this team the belief that they belong among the elite, this will in turn improve the whole character of the Squad.

Every Season is the same story, we have the team to win things, we just always seem to choke.

If Brendan sticks to his principles and opts to tweak the system instead of dismantling it when things go wrong we can get to where we need to be. A little more self belief and he can overcome this and kick on.

Come on Brendan, make us believe.

Come on you Reds, you owe us, you owe Brendan, you owe the shirt.

Let's start as we mean to go on.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #142: Aug 29, 2015 07:07:25 pm
      The West Ham result is a good one in some ways.

There are no excuses from any quarter - he has been heavily backed by the owners. His team, his signings, his tactics are on that pitch.

It's better that we get thrashed or batter teams with that setup rather than limp on more seasons kind of half-winning and half losing just missing out on the top four and wondering about extending his contract.

Manager's future is back in the balance now. Looks like he has bet the farm on Lovren - we will soon see how wise that decision turned out to be but either way at least we will have an answer soon.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #143: Aug 29, 2015 11:29:11 pm
      These will be last season on less he win Europe league we not get top 4 on less things get better and needs win fa cup or league cup
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #144: Aug 30, 2015 12:26:20 am
      In all honesty, I think there is quality all round the squad, they may not be world class players. BR is having the right but not the best ingredients to prepare a sumptuous meal but the recipe is simply not there, not sure due to stubborness, being overly conservative or lack of experience or a combination of 2 or more.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #145: Aug 30, 2015 12:27:26 am
      These will be last season on less he win Europe league we not get top 4 on less things get better and needs win fa cup or league cup

His tactics is so ancient and conservative at the moment that I'd be happy if he ended up at exactly the same spot as last season. No, I honestly believe BR won't win any of the cups, his tactics is so scarily conservative at the moment. A one man Ben attack just won't work.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #146: Aug 30, 2015 12:46:48 am

Found this on another site it doesnt make good reading does it.

"For us its not a one off though unfortunately. There's a pattern here, particularly in you look back over last season. Today was no different than the worst of last season. Our last 10 games. We've scored 7 goals and conceded 15 only once scoring more than 1 goal.

Liverpool 0-3 West Ham
      Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool
      Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth
      Stoke 0-1 Liverpool
      Stoke 6-1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace
      Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 2-1 QPR
      Hull 1-0 Liverpool
      West Brom 0-0 Liverpool
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #147: Aug 30, 2015 03:20:21 am
      No excuses for Rodgers.

That was simply embarrassing.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #148: Aug 30, 2015 08:34:42 am
      Results aside. We didn't even threaten. We didn't look dangerous. Forget about who's out or who's coming back. He's supposed to build a squad that is and can be dangerous. That's the key for me. Where are we now?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #149: Aug 30, 2015 11:26:17 am
      Results aside. We didn't even threaten. We didn't look dangerous. Forget about who's out or who's coming back. He's supposed to build a squad that is and can be dangerous. That's the key for me. Where are we now?

And we are playing at Anfield, does BR even realises that? Talking of creating a fortress out of Anfield, and I begin to believe the opposite of what he says.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #150: Sep 06, 2015 08:22:06 pm
      Look, obviously, relatively speaking, no matter how bad the situation at the club gets, even if we got relegated or something, it's not ever going to be more important than the people around us, the people we love.  I've been through some rough times too, times where it got so bad that I didn't even watch our games, let alone care about them---it all seemed irrelevant.

I don't agree with Shankly, for example, that football is "much more important" than life or death.  No, it's not.  Football, for us supporters, is just a distraction, a passion, a hobby, but more important than life and death?  No.

But as far as football goes, this is very important to me.  I work for BP and have been working around the world for the last few years (fortunately going back home soon).  But for a few years, for example, I was assigned to one of our offices in Mexico.  So our games were on very early in the morning, sometimes at 5 am or something.  And if we lost the game, it would literally ruin my morning and put me in a bad mood for the day.  now of course, if my girlfriend or something were in a car accident the same day, I would instantly forget about the football.  But putting aside the MOST important things in life---our family, love, being personally fulfilled---then yes, supporting a club can have a very important role in your life.

And I'm tired of watching us slowly turn into mid-table club, by people who should be doing better.  I don't and likely will never have the money to buy the club.  But what does that mean?  we shouldn't have higher expectations unless we are the club's owners?!  that doesn't make much sense.  The supporters ARE the core of the club.  And the club is synonymous with winning.  And when we don't win, we at the very least don't accept it.  We don't sit there twiddling our thumbs when we're down 5-0 in the first half against Stoke.  That's not acceptable. 

What I'm saying is---football isn't more important than the most important things.  Having a baby.  Getting married.  Taking care of your parents.  These are all at the top and always will be.

But as regards everything else, it can indeed be something really important for a lot of people.  It is for me.

Although, a lot on here react to negative posts like gurgling little children. Feet being stamped because not everyone cheers and says " lets give it till xmas".

An aggressive , emotionally charged post ( whilst not being outright insulting ) is always welcomed by me. Some don't like to rock the boat. Others just dive on in. The forum would lose all balance otherwise.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #151: Sep 06, 2015 08:41:37 pm
      That's exactly what was said last summer.  Lallana was supposed to be a match winner, Lovren a rock in defence, Moreno a young and talented left-back, all bullshit. 

So your definition of good buys is that they are at least better than the sh*te we had last season.  Ok.  Again, if your 20 stone wife loses 5 stone, sure, she's lost some weight, but you've still got a whale for a wife.

forgive me if I have slightly higher expectations for our club, the most successful in English footballing history, than "well we're at least better than we were under Hodgson."

I mean honestly mate.  I have nothing against you or anyone else here.  But just look at the way you see things.  As recently as 2009 we were challenging EVERY SEASON for the title.  Anything less than CL qualification was a total disaster.

Now we have this midtable mindset of "well it could be worse" and "let's make some progress at least."

Exactly. The only influence we have as fans , is stop going the game or loudly voice our disapproval . Otherwise just sit back and whisper in the shadows.

We can talk about it on here till we blue in the face. It won't change a thing. While we continue to stagnate , i welcome the occasional flyby with a message from the fans.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #152: Sep 06, 2015 09:31:22 pm
      Exactly. The only influence we have as fans , is stop going the game or loudly voice our disapproval . Otherwise just sit back and whisper in the shadows.

If by not going to games, you're meaning as a protest against the owners, that's fair enough. If you're meaning as a protest about disagreeing with the choice a of manager, then that's over the top.
      As for loudly voicing you're disapproval, do you mean shouting abuse at the manager? I would seriously hope not!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #153: Sep 06, 2015 09:54:02 pm
      If by not going to games, you're meaning as a protest against the owners, that's fair enough. If you're meaning as a protest about disagreeing with the choice a of manager, then that's over the top.
      As for loudly voicing you're disapproval, do you mean shouting abuse at the manager? I would seriously hope not!

I said in my post that i do not want anyone being abused or outright insulted. But angst can be voiced loudly in a way the owners, manager and players will take note.

I have to say though that. At the West Ham game , that was the first time i had seen lots of fans leaving with 7 minutes to go. And i have witnessed some desperate games. I think it just goes to show how fed up and hopeless our situation is going.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #154: Sep 06, 2015 10:01:05 pm
      I said in my post that i do not want anyone being abused or outright insulted. But angst can be voiced loudly in a way the owners, manager and players will take note.

I have to say though that. At the West Ham game , that was the first time i had seen lots of fans leaving with 7 minutes to go. And i have witnessed some desperate games. I think it just goes to show how fed up and hopeless our situation is going.
      Personally, I Don't think supporters should be doing anything at a match, other than getting behind the team! It a real pity our fans barely do even that!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #155: Sep 06, 2015 10:11:23 pm
      Personally, I Don't think supporters should be doing anything at a match, other than getting behind the team! It a real pity our fans barely do even that!

Ever wondered why though?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #156: Sep 06, 2015 10:36:53 pm

Because a far too big a percentage are fukwits who have no interest getting behind the team they'd rather sit on there arse taking photos waiting for the team to entertain them
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #157: Sep 06, 2015 10:48:49 pm
      No excuses? ? F**k up of a thread.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #158: Sep 06, 2015 11:07:48 pm
      Because a far too big a percentage are fukwits who have no interest getting behind the team they'd rather sit on there arse taking photos waiting for the team to entertain them

Isn't that the whole point. The team is meant to entertain us. You do realize don't you that the team gets paid to play. And we have to PAY to watch.

So , just so you get it. The team gets PAiD vast amounts  of money to PLAY FOOOTBALL. We have to PAY vast amounts of money to watch them. How dare we just sit on our arse doing nothing.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #159: Sep 06, 2015 11:11:35 pm

In fact i've got a better idea , BRIAN 78 ANFIELD HERO. Why don't you tell them fuckwits at the match what you really think. Lets see who's an Anfield hero then.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #160: Sep 06, 2015 11:21:45 pm
      Isn't that the whole point. The team is meant to entertain us. You do realize don't you that the team gets paid to play. And we have to PAY to watch.

So , just so you get it. The team gets PAiD vast amounts  of money to PLAY FOOOTBALL. We have to PAY vast amounts of money to watch them. How dare we just sit on our arse doing nothing.

Supporters have always had to pay since there were professional teams.

At the match the team should be getting supported - entertaining football is a bonus but it's not the main aim of the enterprise; in our heyday there were plenty of games we won without playing entertaining football.

In fairness, the Anfield 12th man is not an advantage the team has enjoyed for a while - if anything a lot of the players look like they prefer playing at away grounds which is a disgrace.

As a club the owners, manager and players take stick on a weekly basis but the supporters have their part to play too and, at the moment, they are not doing so.

There's a massive problem with an entitlement mentality at this club. We need a better reason to expect success other than being big in the eighties.

Quick Reply